Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Rolling Readers & Murdered Leaders  (Read 28765 times)

Offline Colin Crow

Re: Rolling Readers & Murdered Leaders
« Reply #96 on: May 26, 2019, 08:59:46 AM »
Advertisement
Posted again, Colin.

A better narrative on the second go.  ;D

In future, I'm saving original posts "text" in a WORD file on a hard drive.

Thanks Ross  Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #96 on: May 26, 2019, 08:59:46 AM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #97 on: May 26, 2019, 09:09:46 AM »
Pretty sure no screws are needed for the bolt
It doesn't say a screwdriver is necessary to remove the bolt.- Learn to read correctly, Chappers.
or wooden barrel cover.
The top wooden barrel cover won't come off until the bayonet lug and the front sling holder are removed by a screwdriver.

And how does a screwdriver continue to be a factor in removing the bayonet lug after the bayonet lug has already been loosened by said screwdriver?
You have to unscrew the front sling holder after the bayonet lug again with a screwdriver.
You wouldn't be padding your list here, now would you?
No, but maybe you know your own tricks best, Chappers.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #98 on: May 26, 2019, 12:15:58 PM »
Looks like we have lost a few days postings in this thread and another complete thread that Ross (?) started with the Dan Rather paper bag recreation. Are we working off a backup from 4 days ago?

It’s deja vu, all over again.

Yogi Berra

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #98 on: May 26, 2019, 12:15:58 PM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #99 on: May 26, 2019, 02:39:48 PM »
Perhaps I can summarise the various points we may have lost from the past few days postings. My memory is not great so forgive me and please add where appropriate.

I asked if there was any evidence that the "open end" of the bag was ever sealed.

Richard Smith suggested that a fold over without fixed sealing might suffice.

Jack Nessan suggested that the sack was actually 42” in length and could have contained an assembled rifle.

JohnM suggested that the end could have been cut with scissors and therefore could have contained either a disassembled or an intact rifle.

Gary Craig provided an FBI (?) document that summarised a re-enactment with LMR that stated Oswald held the package like a baseballer would pick up and carry a bat at one end.

Ross Lidell provided a TV recreation by Dan Rather suggesting a possible solution to the Frazier observation of about 2 foot package.

During the discussion I claimed that LMR and BWF would have known Oswald was the suspect when she visited the Paine's to inform the cops of his "suspicious" package.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 02:43:52 PM by Colin Crow »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2019, 03:34:46 PM »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2019, 03:34:46 PM »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2019, 03:41:08 PM »
MARY FERRELL FOUNDATION

Dealey Plaza Echo, Volume 1, Issue 1
Current Section: The Paper Bag That Never Was (Part I), by Ian Griggs
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=16233#relPageId=34&tab=page

Dealey Plaza Echo, Volume 1, Issue 2
Current Section: The Paper Bag That Never Was (Part II), by Ian Griggs
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=16234#relPageId=34&tab=page

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2019, 09:20:03 PM »

It doesn't say a screwdriver is necessary to remove the bolt.- Learn to read correctly, Chappers.
>>> Learn to write correctly, Ray: Don't include an item that doesn't qualify to be included on your 'Hardly a simple operation especially without a screwdriver' list. It gives an alert observer the distinct impression of a padding attempt.

The top wooden barrel cover won't come off until the bayonet lug and the front sling holder are removed by a screwdriver. You have to unscrew the front sling holder after the bayonet lug again with a screwdriver.
>>> You kept part of that a secret, thus one does not get a down-to-the-last-screw count total.

>>> Point out where I've padded any of my posts, Ray.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 09:33:42 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2019, 09:20:03 PM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2019, 09:37:27 PM »
>>> Learn to write correctly, Ray: Don't include an item that doesn't qualify to be included on your 'Hardly a simple operation especially without a screwdriver' list. It gives an alert observer the distinct impression of a padding attempt.
Who said anywhere at the start that a screwdriver was required? When it was, I noted it. I was describing what was required to break the rifle down to its least components.  Your comprehension leaves a lot to be desired.
The top wooden barrel cover won't come off until the bayonet lug and the front sling holder are removed by a screwdriver. You have to unscrew the front sling holder after the bayonet lug again with a screwdriver.
>>> You kept part of that a secret, thus one did not get a sense of how many screws in total would be involved in this partial break-down.
Once again your comprehension lets you down. I didn't keep anything "secret". I described how to dismantle the rifle, in several steps. I'm sorry I didn't mention exactly how many screws were necessary to be removed.
>>> Point out where I've padded any of my posts, Ray.
Once again. note. I didn't say you did, but insinuated the you might. Not very good at this are you?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 09:39:02 PM by Ray Mitcham »