Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Rolling Readers & Murdered Leaders  (Read 28339 times)

Offline Colin Crow

Re: Rolling Readers & Murdered Leaders
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2019, 03:35:39 AM »
Advertisement
The fingerprints found on the bag indicate that Linnie May Randle was correct as to how LHO carried the bag. He held it by the barrel end with his right hand under the front sight and his left hand near the wrist of the stock. The rifle was never dissembled.

Using a standard chemical method involving silver nitrates 180 the FBI Laboratory developed a latent palmprint and latent fingerprint on the bag. (See app. X, p. 565.) Sebastian F. Latona, supervisor of the FBI's Latent Fingerprint Section, identified these prints as the left index fingerprint and right palmprint of Lee Harvey Oswald.

There was only one partial fingerprint found. LMR said right hand. Anything to support your speculation Jack?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2019, 03:35:39 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2019, 03:40:22 AM »
What is the minimal amount of disassembling of Oswald's MC rifle that it would take to make it fit the bag?  The pictures that I have always seen depict the rifle in numerous pieces in what appears to be a state of complete disassembly, but is it possible to simply remove the barrel from the stock without completely disassembling the entire rifle to make it shorter?  If so, it might be that the rifle was already disassembled in the blanket for cleaning purposes or that Oswald thought - per the magazine ad - that his rifle was a bit shorter than it actually was and he had no choice but to disassemble it to the fit a bag he made for a slightly shorter rifle.  Regardless, all he has to do is fold down one end and carry that end in an upright position to securely transport the weapon.  Not exactly rocket science on his part.

Was the rifle dissembled or not? Could it have been transported intact in that bag or not. You LN guys get back to us when you have worked that out.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2019, 11:20:21 AM »
No, although Jenner seems to be commenting on the similarity. That testimony shows that there was tape in the garage.....something you queried in your post. Just informing you that there was.

Actually, the tape was not in the garage as you state. It was stored in a bottom drawer in the dining room. In my opinion it is doubtful that LHO knew that it was there (without evidence to the contrary).

Reading that testimony, I also discovered that there were two packages (wrapped in paper) on an upper shelf in the garage. They contained Venetian blinds in one, and window shades in the other. On another shelf just below that one, there were some curtain rods (not wrapped). In my opinion, there is a good chance that LHO saw and noticed those items. And it could possibly be that he developed the idea for both the curtain rod story and making a paper bag to conceal the rifle in, from seeing those items on the shelf.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2019, 11:20:21 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2019, 11:30:41 AM »
Actually, the tape was not in the garage as you state. It was stored in a bottom drawer in the dining room. In my opinion it is doubtful that LHO knew that it was there (without evidence to the contrary).

Reading that testimony, I also discovered that there were two packages (wrapped in paper) on an upper shelf in the garage. They contained Venetian blinds in one, and window shades in the other. On another shelf just below that one, there were some curtain rods (not wrapped). In my opinion, there is a good chance that LHO saw and noticed those items. And it could possibly be that he developed the idea for both the curtain rod story and making a paper bag to conceal the rifle in, from seeing those items on the shelf.

Your original comment was...."There might not have been any suitable tape available at the Paine residence to seal it after that."

Just attempting to correct your post......there was tape at the residence. My error by stating garage. The rest is your opinion which is now better informed.......actually......no need for thanks.......obviously.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2019, 11:35:45 AM »
Your original comment was...."There might not have been any suitable tape available at the Paine residence to seal it after that."

Just attempting to correct your post......there was tape at the residence. My error by stating garage. The rest is your opinion which is now better informed.......actually......no need for thanks.......obviously.

Yes, thanks. That testimony is long but enlightening.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2019, 11:35:45 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2019, 11:41:04 AM »
Yes, thanks. That testimony is long but enlightening.

You are aware that curtain rods were delivered by SS Agent Howlett to Carl Day of the DPD crime lab for fingerprint processing a week or so before Jenner "discovered" curtain rods in the Paine garage?

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2019, 12:07:33 PM »
You are aware that curtain rods were delivered by SS Agent Howlett to Carl Day of the DPD crime lab for fingerprint processing a week or so before Jenner "discovered" curtain rods in the Paine garage?

No, that is news to me. If it was a week earlier than Jenner?s visit, that is a long time after the assassination. Where did they come from? And why would the secret service employ Dallas PD instead of the FBI?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2019, 12:07:33 PM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2019, 12:37:58 PM »
No, that is news to me. If it was a week earlier than Jenner?s visit, that is a long time after the assassination. Where did they come from? And why would the secret service employ Dallas PD instead of the FBI?

All good questions Charles, those and many more can be found over a discussion that lasted 70odd pages and started around here....

https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,1753.200.html

Have the LN team decided whether the rifle could fit in the bag without dissembling yet?