Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Rolling Readers & Murdered Leaders  (Read 28682 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: Rolling Readers & Murdered Leaders
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2019, 01:49:39 AM »
Advertisement
Mr. EISENBERG. Mr. Cadigan, did you notice when you looked at the bag whether there were---that is the bag found on the sixth floor, Exhibit 142--whether it had any bulges or unusual creases?
Mr. CADIGAN. I was also requested at that time to examine the bag to determine if there were any significant markings or scratches or abrasions or anything by which it could be associated with the rifle, Commission Exhibit 139, that is, could I find any markings that I could tie to that rifle.
Mr. EISENBERG. Yes?
Mr. CADIGAN. And I couldn't find any such markings.
Mr. EISENBERG. Now, was there an absence of markings which would be inconsistent with the rifle having been carried in the bag?
Mr. CADIGAN. No; I don't see actually, I don't know the condition of the rifle. If it were in fact contained in this bag, it could have been wrapped in cloth or just the metal parts wrapped in a thick layer of cloth, or if the gun was in the bag, perhaps it wasn't moved too much. I did observe some scratch marks and abrasions but was unable to associate them with this gun. The scratch marks in the paper could come from any place. They could have come from many places. There were no marks on this bag that I could say were caused by that rifle or any other rifle or any other given instrument.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2019, 01:49:39 AM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2019, 01:52:48 AM »
Hi Bill, you won't be getting an answer to that question any time soon. See the post before yours...Caprio's been suspended AGAIN. LOL  :D :D

Do the drawings accurately depict each and every wrinkle in the bag, or at least come reasonably close?

(Just wondering)

-- MWT  :)

Offline Ross Lidell

« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2019, 03:50:38 AM »

And yet another meaningless coincidence that the corner of the bag where the rifle fore-stock would have been, has the most severe wrinkles.

Nice graphic work (as usual) Jerry. The images are illuminating. In the 1967 CBS Investigation of the Warren Report: A scrunched area at the top of the bag corresponds with the way Dan Rather closed it tight to demonstrate how Oswald could have carried it. If Oswald had carried the bottom of the bag cupped in the palm of his hand and the top through his armpit forward of his body: It explains why Buell Frazier failed to see the narrower (scrunched) portion of the bag above his shoulder.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 04:00:57 AM by Ross Lidell »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2019, 03:50:38 AM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2019, 04:35:20 AM »
Nice graphic work (as usual) Jerry. The images are illuminating. In the 1967 CBS Investigation of the Warren Report: A scrunched area at the top of the bag corresponds with the way Dan Rather closed it tight to demonstrate how Oswald could have carried it. If Oswald had carried the bottom of the bag cupped in the palm of his hand and the top through his armpit forward of his body: It explains why Buell Frazier failed to see the narrower (scrunched) portion of the bag above his shoulder.

Above his shoulder, or above his armpit?

Offline Ross Lidell

« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2019, 04:53:49 AM »
Above his shoulder, or above his armpit?

Shoulder. As Dan Rather walked away in the direction of the TSBD: the top of the paper bag (scrunched) could be seen above his right shoulder.

Viewers could see the portion of the bag above Rather's shoulder as our attention was drawn to it by his statement. Buell Frazier was probably not looking closely (directly at Oswald?) and could have missed seeing it. 
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 04:57:30 AM by Ross Lidell »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2019, 04:53:49 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2019, 07:35:36 AM »

And yet another meaningless coincidence that the corner of the bag where the rifle fore-stock would have been, has the most severe wrinkles.

Thanks Jerry,
I don?t doubt the rifle was in that bag. My question was however ...."Were both ends of CE142 folded over and sealed to contain the disassembled carcano? If so does anyone have any pictures of the bag that demonstrate that was the case?

Does anyone think that Oswald would carry a rifle in a bag with an opened end after wrapping?

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2019, 05:18:37 PM »
Thanks Jerry,
I don?t doubt the rifle was in that bag. My question was however ...."Were both ends of CE142 folded over and sealed to contain the disassembled carcano? If so does anyone have any pictures of the bag that demonstrate that was the case?

Does anyone think that Oswald would carry a rifle in a bag with an opened end after wrapping?

Nice graphic Jerry

I have always wondered would the rifle have fit the length of the bag without the rifle being disassembled. The picture on the add and the add itself would have led LHO to believe his rifle was shorter than it really was. He received the rifle in the picture but they ae not 36" carcano's.  A 36" carcano is a Calvary Carcano and has a different appearance.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2019, 05:18:37 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2019, 05:35:38 PM »
Thanks Jerry,

The open end appears to have been folded over much like one would fold over the open end of a paper lunch bag.