Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Cynthia Thomas dreaded being labeled an assassination CT  (Read 3868 times)

JFK Assassination Forum

Cynthia Thomas dreaded being labeled an assassination CT
« on: May 07, 2019, 10:25:03 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

Re: Cynthia Thomas dreaded being labeled an assassination CT
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 01:07:15 AM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/cynthia-thomas-state-department-widow-who-won-presidential-apology-dies-at-82/2019/03/20/4bd2aaf2-4938-11e9-93d0-64dbcf38ba41_story.html

Interesting article, Paul. Thank you for posting it.

As you probably know, James Angleton suspected that the KGB and the DGI were behind the assassination, and we now know that the Soviet Embassy "security guard" who volunteered, over a sure-to-be-tapped-by-CIA phoneline, the radioactive name Kostikov to an Oswald imposter on 10/02/63, Ivan Obyedkov, was a triple-agent still loyal to the Kremlin.

-- MWT   ;)

« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 01:08:41 AM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Paul May

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 01:31:26 AM »
Thanks for your comment Thomas. It?s a fascinating human interest story about one family and how the events of that era may or may not have destroyed a man. Cynthia Thomas was an extraordinary woman. She deserved recognition. As there are so few actual researchers on this forum I?m hardly surprised at the lack of comments. It?s much easier for most to simply argue the same crap day after day.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 01:31:26 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 01:57:10 AM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/cynthia-thomas-state-department-widow-who-won-presidential-apology-dies-at-82/2019/03/20/4bd2aaf2-4938-11e9-93d0-64dbcf38ba41_story.html

Thanks for the link to the article Paul. Hugh Aynesworth writes in his book ?November 22, 1963 Witness to History? (page 109) that Joe Hosty said that there were some aspects concerning that trip to Mexico worth investigating.

Offline Paul May

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 02:37:09 AM »
Charles, I agree with Hosty. MC is one part of the Oswald story I cannot reconcile. I doubt I ever will.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 02:37:09 AM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2019, 06:48:44 AM »
Thanks for your comment Thomas. It?s a fascinating human interest story about one family and how the events of that era may or may not have destroyed a man. Cynthia Thomas was an extraordinary woman. She deserved recognition. As there are so few actual researchers on this forum I?m hardly surprised at the lack of comments. It?s much easier for most to simply argue the same crap day after day.

Charles  Thomas had served 18 years in the foreign service at the time of his involuntary seperation from the Dept. of State...
Page 6 of 6:
https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/docid-32263513.pdf

https://books.google.com/books?id=jRvdwoKQOgQC&pg=PA311&lpg=PA311&dq=george+bush+devine+bemis+meeting&source=bl&ots=u7Yvu_GF9z&sig=16xsVqU5CrpyRAZn1Q7pKu0XPcI&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiUqe7Rk6zLAhXrlIMKHYevB60Q6AEIKDAB#v=onepage&q=george%20bush%20devine%20bemis%20meeting&f=false
The China Diary of George H. W. Bush: The Making of a ?
Jeffrey A. Engel ? 2011 ? ‎History
The Making of a Global President Jeffrey A. Engel ? Bemis, Lias and Devine had a meeting regarding my political future?very thoughtful of them.5 All I know ?

First, the core accusation, hyper curiousity displayed by team Bush towards Lord knowledge, as the HSCA geared up
and it had become clear republicans would lose control of the presidency and of the CIA. This answers the question
of why risk rattling Billy Lord's cage if you were among the innermost Bush circle?

« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 07:02:12 AM by Tom Scully »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2019, 03:38:42 PM »

Leave it to Tom Scully to barge in and muck everything up.

-- MWT   ;)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 04:09:03 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2019, 03:38:42 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2019, 05:54:34 PM »
Philip Shenon focuses major parts of his book on the WC, "A Cruel and Shocking Act", on Charles Thomas' concerns that the government didn't fully look into allegations that Oswald was seen with Cuban officials when he went to Mexico City. Thomas was convinced that Oswald did indeed go there, that Oswald wasn't impersonated, but didn't think that what Oswald did there was looked into completely. But Thomas admitted that even if the reports were true, e.g, the so-called "Twist Party" where Oswald was allegedly seen with Cuban officials, it didn't indicate there was a conspiracy.

As he (Thomas) said in a memo in 1969 to then Secretary of State William Rogers, "Even if all of the allegations in the attached memo are true, they would not, in themselves, prove there was a conspiracy to assassinate President Kennedy." But he said that if the allegations were revealed to the public that "those who have tried to discredit the Warren Commission would have a field day in speculating about their implications."

For what it's worth, I think Oswald did attend that party - Silvia Duran lied about it - and probably did meet with either Cuban officials or pro-Cuban people who may have helped fuel his anti-JFK views regarding Cuba. But connecting those conversations with the events in Dallas two months later is a reach.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 10:04:52 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »