Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Marilyn Sitzman and Beatrice Hester Down the Knoll in Skaggs09  (Read 7244 times)

Offline Robin Unger

Re: Marilyn Sitzman and Beatrice Hester Down the Knoll in Skaggs09
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2021, 11:26:45 PM »
Advertisement
Bronson shows the Hesters near the bench, and the Limo just approaching the Stemmons sign.
just moments later as the Limo passed the Stemmons sign and the shots rang out.
Charles grabbed Beatrice and they moved further up the grass towards the peristyle and then he and Beatrice ducked and hitt he grass trying to avoid being shot.

Bell shows Wiegman crouched down on the grass filming the Hesters lying on the grass, moments later Charles hester left his wife on the ground as he jumped to his feet went inside the peristyle and looked back into the carpark area.

Wiegman crouched down filming the Hesters sitting on the grass.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 11:45:59 PM by Robin Unger »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2021, 11:26:45 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2021, 12:09:39 AM »
Charles it makes sense that the couple seen in Bronson are the Hesters, prior to the motorcade arriving Zapruder filmed them in the same location.

Yes, I agree that it’s the same couple. And it appears that they were friends with Sitzman and Zapruder. And someone in the other forum indicated that Beatrice worked with them. But I haven’t seen anything to support the working there claim ( other than the friendly behavior). In other words, how do we know that Hester was the name of the couple?

I can understand why Charles might not want to mention Zapruder in his affidavit immediately after the assassination on 11/22/63. But have any of them said anything about being together there since the assassination? For instance, it seems to me that James’ wife’s friend would have heard something about that from her aunt.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 12:11:49 AM by Charles Collins »

Offline James Hackerott

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2021, 03:27:12 AM »

Yes, I agree that it’s the same couple. And it appears that they were friends with Sitzman and Zapruder. And someone in the other forum indicated that Beatrice worked with them. But I haven’t seen anything to support the working there claim ( other than the friendly behavior). In other words, how do we know that Hester was the name of the couple?

I can understand why Charles might not want to mention Zapruder in his affidavit immediately after the assassination on 11/22/63. But have any of them said anything about being together there since the assassination? For instance, it seems to me that James’ wife’s friend would have heard something about that from her aunt.
In Alexandra Zapruders's book Twenty-Two-Seconds, A Personal History of the Zapruder Film page 34, while describing her grandfather's testing his camera: (boldface is mine)
“After a while, Marilyn Sitzman came walking up the hill. All the banks had been closed because of the president's visit, so she gave up and walked back to the plaza, where she encountered Abe taking some test shots of his payroll clerk Beatrice Hester and her husband, Charles.

I did make contact with Beatrice's niece after about 10-15 years. She had a few memories, but I don't think she knew or can remember any assassination related details.

Beatrice was a middle name, not used by her niece.

She recalls Charles Hester worked as a sport's writer for a Dallas newspaper. I don't know if that is common knowledge or not. Perhaps someone could sleuth out his avatar with a little searching. I don't know which paper, the DMN archives are available free to Dallas residents with a library card. Maybe the Sixth Floor Museum Reading Room could help, once they reopen.

I have not heard back from her concerning photo identifications. I did give her a link of this thread, if she is interested.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2021, 03:27:12 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2021, 03:39:34 AM »
In Alexandra Zapruders's book Twenty-Two-Seconds, A Personal History of the Zapruder Film page 34, while describing her grandfather's testing his camera: (boldface is mine)
“After a while, Marilyn Sitzman came walking up the hill. All the banks had been closed because of the president's visit, so she gave up and walked back to the plaza, where she encountered Abe taking some test shots of his payroll clerk Beatrice Hester and her husband, Charles.

I did make contact with Beatrice's niece after about 10-15 years. She had a few memories, but I don't think she knew or can remember any assassination related details.

She recalls Charles Hester worked as a sport's writer for a Dallas newspaper. I don't know if that is common knowledge or not. Perhaps someone could sleuth out his avatar with a little searching. I don't know which paper, the DMN archives are available free to Dallas residents with a library card. Maybe the Sixth Floor Museum Reading Room could help, once they reopen.

I have not heard back from her concerning photo identifications. I did give her a link of this thread, if she is interested.

Thanks James! That does clear up the name question that I was asking about. The FBI reports dated 11/25/63 just don’t agree with the photographic record; so it does appear that the reports are screwed up. Interesting...

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2021, 11:08:56 PM »
Just for the record the Hesters can be seen in Willis #7. Mr Hester still sat down:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2021, 11:08:56 PM »

Offline Robin Unger

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2021, 11:34:48 PM »
Just for the record the Hesters can be seen in Willis #7. Mr Hester still sat down:

Yes that is the Hesters just prior to the shots being fired.

Offline Robin Unger

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2021, 11:40:11 PM »

Thanks for the information James.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2021, 11:40:11 PM »

Offline James Hackerott

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2021, 03:46:04 AM »
It took me many years before I realized the Hesters (probably) moved the bench from the shelter entry closer to the street at the edge of the patio after Zapruder filmed them with Sitzman. Presumably, to have a better view up Elm.