Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Mysterious Cuban # 1: Gilberto Policarpo Lopez  (Read 13083 times)

Online Steve M. Galbraith

Re: Mysterious Cuban # 1: Gilberto Policarpo Lopez
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2019, 08:04:33 PM »
Advertisement
As I stated: "I see no connection between Lopez, the Tampa branch of the FPCC, and Oswald. Where is it?"

Oswald had no contacts, as far as I've seen, with the Tampa branch/delegation of the FPCC. He did correspond with Lee but that is not connecting him (Oswald) to the Tampa branch.

And how is Lopez visiting Tampa connecting him (Lopez) to the Tampa branch? He visited the city. Nowhere does Russo state or provide evidence that Lopez met Lee.

Russo provides no evidence that Oswald was connected to the Tampa branch; no evidence that Lopez was connected to the Tampa branch; and no evidence that Oswald and Lopez knew each other through that branch (or anything else).

And I'll conclude that if Lopez was somehow involved that it completely blows out of the water your claims that Khrushchev and the KGB were behind the assassination.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2019, 08:04:33 PM »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2019, 08:22:02 PM »
Thomas, I'm sure Steve will get back to you with his concerns when ready. Meanwhile, here's a couple of mine; Russo claims Lopez and Oswald had links "to the same branch of the FPCC" that's blatantly incorrect, Lopez had no known link to the New Orleans branch and Oswald had no known link to the Tampa branch, so how do they both have links to the same branch? Also, in the same paragraph, Russo claims Oswald's first contact with pro-Castro Cubans was in Los Angeles, Russo nor anyone else has enough information on Oswald's movements to make that claim. Seems to me Russo at best, can be criticized for exaggerating, at worst for writing outright lies.
Denis: As you stated, Oswald formed his own New Orleans branch/delegation/chapter of the FPCC (it had one member: himself). He had no contacts with the Tampa chapter. He did correspond with Lee when Lee was head at that time of the national FPCC. Lee had been the former head of the Tampa chapter but from what I've read he had left it in 1962. Lee told him not to form a NO chapter since the conditions weren't good. Oswald ignored him.

Russo presents no evidence that Lopez had contacts with the Tampa branch of the FPCC or with Lee. He cites Lopez visiting Tampa but that is all. And his Oswald connection to the Tampa branch/chapter is with Lee. That's a connection with Lee not the chapter.

So, as you point out: where's the connection between Lopez and Oswald through the Tampa chapter? There isn't any.

And to the Cuban matter: Oswald's fellow Marine Nelson Delgado suggested something along these lines. He said he and Oswald were admirers of Castro and wanted to go to Cuban to help the revolution. But once Castro attained power and started imposing his dictatorship that he soured on Castro. However, according to Delgado Oswald continued to support Castro.

Here's his account of Oswald meeting Cuban embassy people:

Mr. DELGADO - ....[H]e kept on asking me about how about--how he could go about helping the Castro government. I didn't know what to tell him, so I told him the best thing that I know was to get in touch with a Cuban Embassy, you know. But at that time that I told him this we were on friendly terms with Cuba, you know, so this wasn't no subversive or malintent, you know. I didn't know what to answer him. I told him go see them.
After a while he told me he was in contact with them.
Mr. LIEBELER - With the Cuban Embassy?
Mr. DELGADO - Right. And I took it to be just a---one of his, you know, lies, you know, saying he was in contact with them, until one time I had the opportunity to go into his room, I was looking for--I was going out for the weekend, I needed a tie, he lent me the tie, and I seen this envelope in his footlocker, wall-locker, and it was addressed to him, and they had an official seal on it, and as far as I could recollect that was mail from Los Angeles, and he was telling me there was a Cuban Consul. And just after he started receiving these letters--you see, he would never go out, he'd stay near the post all the time. He always had money. That's why.

V.T. Lee's testimony is here: http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/lee_v1.htm
Delgado's is here:

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2019, 09:07:59 PM »
If Lopez was somehow involved that it completely blows out of the water your claims that Khrushchev and the KGB were behind the assassination.

Dear Steve M.,

Not sure that it matters to you, but I usually say Khrushchev and/or Castro, or the KGB and/or the DGI.

Regardless, please expound on your ludicrous ... pronouncement.

(You do realize, don't you, that the KGB worked "hand in glove" with the DGI?)

-- MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 11:32:28 AM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2019, 09:07:59 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2019, 11:17:26 AM »
Ileana Ros-Lehtinen wrote a book talking about him and he tried to sue it, but was not successful.

Lisbette,

That's very interesting.
I'll have to try to find her book, now.
Have you read it?

-- Tom

« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 05:53:53 PM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2019, 10:36:29 PM »
It's been a couple of hours now, and all I hear are crickets ...

I'd get used to that sound if I was you. I can't imagine any member here bothering to discuss anything with you ever again. You're too rude and arrogant. Mr Graves, you have the social skills of a pig. No reply required.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 10:37:49 PM by Denis Pointing »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2019, 10:36:29 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2019, 11:25:04 PM »
I'd get used to that sound (of crickets) if I was you. I can't imagine any member here bothering to discuss anything with you ever again. You're too rude and arrogant. Mr Graves, you have the social skills of a pig. No reply required.

Denis,

Thank you for setting me straight (and for bumping this thread).

-- MWT   ;)

PS  By the way, which charm school did you graduate from?

« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 02:02:40 AM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Michael Walton

« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2019, 12:13:14 PM »
The difference between Tom Graves's Russian theory and the State Secret theory is this. SS is very close to home. In other words, we can track what exactly happened to Oswald from the time he false defected to Russia, all the way to 11/24 when he was murdered.

In addition, there are too many coincidences in Oswald's narrative for it to just be a run of the mill guy going on with his life and leading to what happens to him.

Meanwhile, Tom Graves never - EVER - rebuts SS and the reason for that is this - he can't. How can you rebut something when it's actually documented the way it is in SS and elsewhere?

Tom Graves, when you tell him that his Russia theory holds no water, falls back on his usual tropes. Did you read Bagley's book? Did you know Simpich agreed with me? Did you know Newman admitted something or other to me?

What Tom Graves does not understand is this - just because there was come collateral incident that took place, he lumps that together and uses it as "See? I'm right." It's not true. As an example, suppose on opposite ends of the street a Mom gives her kid candy and then on the other end a guy keels over and dies. In the center of this street is a tree. Just because that tree was there does NOT mean it had an impact on either of the events at opposite ends.

Another huge issue with Graves is he's highly biased in this case. He hates Russia, hates people who support the JFK case being an inside job. This is not xxxx stirring either - he actually admitted this on another thread in this forum. So in Tom's mind, his bias clouds his thought process with the JFK case. It's like the cop who hates prostitutes but has to investigate their murder grudgingly and with disdain. That prostitute is not going to get a fair shake.

I've read and seen plenty of true crime events to know that when an investigator comes in and for whatever reason doesn't "like" the victim, they're not going to get a fair investigation. The same with Tom Graves and this case. It's just gotta be Russia. I have even seen him lump Putin in here, not because Putin was involved [he was 10 years old in 1963], but because of the Russian vitriole.

State Secret is the closest thing we'll ever have to totally understand what happen with Oswald, how he was steered into the book building to take the fall for 11/22. He even admitted as much ("I didn't shoot anyone -- I'm a patsy").

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2019, 12:13:14 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2019, 10:05:24 PM »

[...]

Michael,

Does the fact that my hero, Tennent H. Bagley, believed that neither the Russians nor the Cubans had anything to do with the assassination of JFK make the prospect of reading his book Spy Wars any less abhorrent to you?

Or do you look so kindly on the actions of the KGB and the GRU and/or look so unfavorably on those of the CIA in trying to protect America and its allies from their depredations that it's still a revolting proposition?

Too revolting for you to even contemplate?  A total waste of time?  Surely just more "Mockingbird" or "Deep State" propaganda?

If so, then all that can be said is that 98 years of "active measures," artfully interwoven with 60 years of "strategic deceptions," really had their desired effect on you, my friend.

And it's sad, very sad, indeed -- for you, but more importantly, for our country -- that younger people like you are unwilling to endure a few Russian names and ... gasp ... the complexity of it all and actually read Bagley's truly illuminating 2007 book, Spy Wars.

I have an honest question, for you, Michael:

Are you, like James "Jumbo Duh" DiEugenio, a Trump supporter by any chance? I rather doubt it, but still ...  And how ironic and sad it would be if you actually now supported the "useful idiot" that KGB-boy Vladimir Putin and his virtual agent, Julian Assange, installed as our president in January of 2017.

-- MWT  ;)

PS  I read State Secret years ago, before you joined the EF, iirc. Haven't you seen my old pro-Simpich posts about it, there?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 11:41:27 PM by Thomas Graves »