Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Mysterious Cuban # 1: Gilberto Policarpo Lopez  (Read 13077 times)

Offline Thomas Graves

Mysterious Cuban # 1: Gilberto Policarpo Lopez
« on: April 27, 2019, 12:28:09 PM »
Advertisement
Here's an interesting 17-page HSCA document on the mysterious Tampa Fair Play For Cuba member, Gilberto Policarpo Lopez, which wasn't released until 2017. 

Page 11 is missing, but two footnotes (65 and 66) that were on it are listed in the appendix, so maybe some information can be gleaned from the 1977 CIA Task Force Report that footnote #66 refers to.

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/2018/180-10147-10165.pdf

It's interesting to note that Tampa was the home of Fidel Castro's buddy, Santo Trafficante, and that Policarpo Lopez was classified 4-F by the U.S. Army in 1962, but not for epileptic seizures -- for poor English. (See footnote #49)

(If we're to believe his wife, the poor guy's seizures didn't begin until early 1963, but didn't prevent him from doing construction work in June...)

-- MWT   ;)

Edit:  His daughter, Lisbette Lundgren, told me today (7/27/19) in an email that he's a mean-spirited and violent man still today, that his family knew that he had lived in Tampa and "Keys," that he'd "been to Laredo, Mexico," that he had been to Communist meetings, that at one point he wanted to go fight in a war in Africa, that he was always very healthy and fit and has never taken medicine for epileptic seizures or anything else.

She also says he often claimed that he was very good at faking epileptic seizures because he didn't want to be drafted into the military, and that he spoke about being "the only passenger on a cargo plane" once, but that he didn't elaborate on the subject.

She says before they left Cuba in 1990 to come to the U.S., three Cuban Intelligence men in black suits came to their apartment to warn them that if he returned to the U.S. he'd be arrested by the U.S. authorities in connection with the JFK assassination.

"He has always said he did not do it but he was always a man who did not talk about anything of his past, not even his childhood. We didn’t even know he had taken his mother, my grandmother’s US citizenship, when we were little. My mom found documents by chance one day."

"He is to the day a very mean and violent man so it would not surprise me if he did but he has never said. I mentioned [in an earlier email] that he said he was the only one in the cargo plane but don’t know why he told us."

And from one of her posts on this thread earlier today:

"He resides in Miami now. He said he left to Havana [from Mexico City?] illegally in a 'cargo plane.'
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 11:36:50 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

Mysterious Cuban # 1: Gilberto Policarpo Lopez
« on: April 27, 2019, 12:28:09 PM »

Offline Lisbette Lundgren

Re: Mysterious Cuban # 1: Gilberto Policarpo Lopez
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 02:07:25 PM »
He resides in Miami now. He said he left to Havana illegally in a "cargo plane." Don't know how to post his latest photo.

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 07:32:28 PM »
He resides in Miami now. He said he left to Havana illegally in a "cargo plane." Don't know how to post his latest photo.

Fascinating stuff, Lisbette!

I wonder if he knows ...

(It'll come to me in a minute or two.)

-- MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 07:37:03 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 07:32:28 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2019, 07:34:39 PM »

Celso Hernandez!

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 07:35:04 PM »
He is my father

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 07:35:04 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2019, 07:41:00 PM »

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2019, 07:42:27 PM »
He is my father. He has always been a very mean, aggressive man and a big time communist. Again, he told us how he faked the attacks by holding saliva in his mouth. He wanted to avoid being drafted. He also made sure to say he was the only one in the cargo plane and that is interesting to me because he said it without being asked. Would like to post a picture of him but don’t know how.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2019, 07:42:27 PM »

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2019, 07:43:05 PM »
Gilberto Policarpo Lopez.