Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Mysterious Cuban # 1: Gilberto Policarpo Lopez  (Read 13472 times)

Offline Thomas Graves

Re: Mysterious Cuban # 1: Gilberto Policarpo Lopez
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2019, 08:07:18 PM »
Advertisement
Here's a short/brief summary of the allegations/claims made about Lopez and any alleged involvement in the assassination. It's from Gus Russo's book "Live by the Sword." It begins below with "next day at noon" with "next day" being the day after the assassination. The border between the US and Mexico had been closed right after JFK's assassination.

Russo makes several claims here that I don't think are warranted. I see no connection between Lopez, the Tampa branch of the FPCC, and Oswald. Where is it?

Steve M. Galbraith,

Which claims or allegations in the page you posted do you believe are unwarranted by the author?

Can you be specific?

-- MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 08:09:11 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2019, 08:07:18 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2019, 08:43:30 PM »
It's interesting that a thread (currently on the front page at that other forum) titled List Of Nefarious Characters Possibly Present In Dallas on 11/22/1963, lists oodles and gobs of evil, evil, evil Deep State CIA-types, but nary a mention is made of Gilberto Policarpo Lopez or Miguel Casas Saez, as far as I can see.

Hmm

Did I miss something?

Or is this further confirmation that we've been brainwashed by 98 years of Cheka "active measures," artfully interwoven for the last 60 years with "KGB-Within-The KGB", Second Chief Directorate Dept. 14 "strategic deceptions"?

D'oh

-- MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 08:58:56 PM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2019, 11:13:05 PM »
Gilberto Policarpo Lopez

This image was sent to me via email by his youngest daughter, Lisbette Lundgren, who is a member of this forum.

She has sent me a few other photos showing him as an older man, but has asked me to hold off on posting them until he has passed away.

Edit: Lisbette believes that this is his passport photo, and that it was in the 1960s ...

« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 02:26:49 AM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2019, 11:13:05 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2019, 11:24:37 PM »
Steve M. Galbraith,

Which claims or allegations in the page you posted do you believe are unwarranted by the author?

Can you be specific?

-- MWT  ;)

It's been a couple of hours now, and all I hear are crickets ...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 11:27:03 PM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2019, 01:49:49 AM »
It's been a couple of hours now, and all I hear are crickets ...

Thomas, I'm sure Steve will get back to you with his concerns when ready. Meanwhile, here's a couple of mine; Russo claims Lopez and Oswald had links "to the same branch of the FPCC" that's blatantly incorrect, Lopez had no known link to the New Orleans branch and Oswald had no known link to the Tampa branch, so how do they both have links to the same branch? Also, in the same paragraph, Russo claims Oswald's first contact with pro-Castro Cubans was in Los Angeles, Russo nor anyone else has enough information on Oswald's movements to make that claim. Seems to me Russo at best, can be criticized for exaggerating, at worst for writing outright lies.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 01:53:05 AM by Denis Pointing »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2019, 01:49:49 AM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2019, 02:45:13 AM »

Dear Denis,

I don't claim to speak for Gus Russo, nor Daffy Duck, for that matter.

I can imagine, though, that by "Oswald's connection to the Tampa Chapter," Russo was referring to the fact that Oswald had communicated with V.T. Lee, the founder of said chapter.

What year did Oswald visit the Cuban Consulate in L.A., Denis? 1959, or so?

Do you think he started rubbing elbows with Castroites prior to that?

Did I post the page from Live By the Sword, here, Denis?

I hope I'm not obligated to support everything Russo says in the book.

For example, he believes Oswald went to Mexico City!

Do you think Russo "exaggerated or blatantly lied" about everything?

If so, for what purpose?

Are there some kernels of truth in the book, even for very highly knowledgeable and discerning people like you?

LOL
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 03:23:02 PM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2019, 03:16:15 AM »
Dear Denis,

I don't claim to speak for Gus Russo, nor Daffy Duck, for that matter.

I would imagine, though, that by "Oswald's connection to the Tampa Chapter," he was referring to the fact that Oswald had communicated with V.T. Lee, the founder of said chapter.

What year did Oswald visit the Cuban Consulate in L.A.?

Do you think he started rubbing elbows with Castroites prior to that?

-- MWT  ;)
Did I post the page from Live By the Sword, here?
Am I obligated to try to support everything he says in the book?

LOL

No one said you were "obligated" to do anything so don't start getting stroppy. You asked what the concerns were on the Russo page posted so I told you. OK. Got it?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2019, 03:16:15 AM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2019, 04:00:26 AM »
You asked what the concerns were on the Russo page posted so I told you.

Dear Denis,

Was V. T. Lee the founder of the Tampa Chapter?  Did Lee Harvey Oswald correspond with V. T. Lee?

When did Oswald start visiting the Cuban Consulate in Los Angeles? Wasn't it in 1959?

Did Oswald have much of an opportunity to rub elbows with Castroites before that?

While only sixteen in New Orleans, perhaps?

What's your take on the subject of this thread, Gilberto Policarpo Lopez?

Patsied by the CIA?

Victim of circumstances?

A violence-prone, hard-core Commie (according to Lisbette) who had the distinct penchant of being in the wrong place at the wrong time before, during, and after the assassination?

Immediately after the assassination, he stays for three days in the Mexico City Cuban embassy, and then ... he's the only passenger on a largish plane to Havana?

What's up with that?

Bragged about being able to fake epileptic seizures, according to his daughter, Lisbette.

Hmm

Healthy and fit, took no medicines, according to Lisbette. Epileptic seizures?  Ex wife said he was working construction just fine.

Did he sufficiently resemble Oswald to plausibly fool Sheriff's Detective Roger Craig, unintentionally or otherwise?

Told his relatives he was the only passenger on the plane, leaving them mystified as to what, exactly, he was talking about. Interesting "CIA" photo of him wearing shades inside the M.C. airport, yes?

According to his daughter, Gilberto Policarpo Lopez could whistle real loud-like, and did it quite often.  Could he have been the "Oswald" that Sheriff Detective Craig saw running down the grass, whistling for the "getaway car"?

(Will anyone ask Marina if her first hubby could whistle like that?)

Lisbette says he was such a gung-ho Commie, he wanted to fight for Castro in Africa!

From the "Before I Forget Department": Lisbette wants everyone to know that her father, Gilberto Policarpo Lopez, has always denied doing it.

Factoid:  Lisbette says Gilberto's oldest brother (Rafael?) served as a Cuban military attache in the USSR -- she remembers seeing photos to that effect -- and she knows that Gilberto, himself, was in East Germany at some point.

Believe it or not, I could on a bit more ...

But to bring closure, Russo is probably spot on, at least on that one page of his that you "critiqued," Denis.

IMHO

« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 06:03:58 PM by Thomas Graves »