Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Mysterious Cuban # 1: Gilberto Policarpo Lopez  (Read 13492 times)

Offline Thomas Graves

Re: Mysterious Cuban # 1: Gilberto Policarpo Lopez
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2019, 04:25:00 AM »
Advertisement
Here's a November 1989 article from the evil, evil, evil Washington Post.

(sarcasm)

Is any of it true?

All of it?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/opinions/1989/11/19/did-cuba-murder-jfk/3f511a12-ec16-4cad-b3e8-48ad4d8c858b/?utm_term=.7cbbff18664e

-- MWT  ;)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2019, 04:25:00 AM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2019, 07:55:11 AM »
Here's an interesting 17-page HSCA document on the mysterious Tampa (home of Fidel Castro's buddy, Santo Trafficante) FPCC member Gilberto Policarpo Lopez ...

... which wasn't released until 2017. 

Hmmm

Page 11 is missing, but two footnotes (65 and 66) that were on it are listed in the appendix, so maybe some information can be gleaned from the 1977 CIA Task Force Report that fn #66 refers to ...

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/2018/180-10147-10165.pdf

Fwiw, it's interesting that Policarpo Lopez was classified 4-F by the U.S. Army in 1962, but not for epileptic seizures -- for poor English. (See footnote #49)

(If we're to believe his wife, the poor guy's seizures didn't begin until early 1963, but didn't prevent him from doing construction work in June...)

-- MWT   ;)

Edit: His daughter told me today (7/27/19) in an email that he is a very mean and violent man still today, that his family knew that he had lived in Tampa and "Keys," that he'd "been to Laredo, Mexico," that he had been to Communist meetings, that at one point he wanted to go fight in a war in Africa, that he was always very healthy and fit and into martial arts, and has never taken medicine for epileptic seizures or anything else.

She also says he often claimed that he was very good at faking epileptic seizures because he didn't want to be drafted into the military, and that he somewhat mysteriously spoke about being "the only passenger on the cargo plane."

She says before they left Cuba to come to the U.S., "three men in black" came to their apartment to warn them that if he returned to the U.S. he'd be arrested by the U.S. authorities in connection with the JFK assassination, and that they almost were not permitted to leave the airport.

-- MWT   ;)

PS  Also, that even though he didn't talk about his younger days, he did say at least once that "he didn't do it".

"He has always said he did not do it but he was always a man who did not talk about anything of his past, not even his childhood. We didn’t even know he had taken his mother, my grandmother’s US citizenship, when we were little. My mom found documents by chance one day."

"He is to the day a very mean and violent man so it would not surprise me if he did but he has never said. I mentioned he said he was the only one in the cargo plane but don’t know why he told us."

And from one of her posts on this thread earlier today:

"He resides in Miami now. He said he left to Havana
[from Mexico City?] illegally in a 'cargo plane.'"

Extensively expanded, and bumped.

-- MWT  ;)

« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 08:08:48 AM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2019, 10:48:25 AM »
Okay.

I tried.

I don't know how to it.

You wanna walk me through it?

Ball's in your court, Mr. Jeff Stanton.

If not Mr. Jeff Stanton, then ... anybody?

GASP ...... MR. MICHAEL CLARK?

Duncan?

Robin Unger?

I really want to get these four photos uploaded to the forum, but I don't  know how to do it ...

-- MWT  ;)

PS   But if you guys don't want to see them, I totally understand.

After all, he doesn't look THAT much like Lee Harvey Oswald.

What do you think?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 12:24:41 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2019, 10:48:25 AM »

Offline Michael Clark

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2019, 03:07:44 PM »
Okay.

I tried.

I don't know how to it.

You wanna walk me through it?

Ball's in your court, Mr. Jeff Stanton.

If not Mr. Jeff Stanton, then ... anybody?

GASP ...... MR. MICHAEL CLARK?

Duncan?

Robin Unger?

I really want to get these four photos uploaded to the forum, but I don't  know how to do it ...

-- MWT  ;)

PS   But if you guys don't want to see them, I totally understand.

After all, he doesn't look THAT much like Lee Harvey Oswald.

What do you think?

I’ll help you out Thomas. What I can do is load the photos and send you links. You would then use the links with the  format.

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2019, 03:17:12 PM »
Hi Thomas, I was very interested to read the posts by Lisbette Lundgren, fascinating stuff, I hope she keeps posting. She certainly sounds genuine and I have absolutely no real reason to doubt her integrity but like me, you've been on these forums a long time so I know you'll understand that I have to ask what you've done to check out her bona fides. No offence to Ms Lundgren intended.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 03:23:24 PM by Denis Pointing »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2019, 03:17:12 PM »

Offline Lisbette Lundgren

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2019, 03:49:24 PM »
Hi Denis. I’m not offended. I can only say I found this forum by chance. Any time I google my dad’s name, to see if he is alive, because I cut ties with him, all I see if JFK stuff. I read what was being posted and decided to share the little I know.

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2019, 04:04:21 PM »
Hi Denis. I’m not offended. I can only say I found this forum by chance. Any time I google my dad’s name, to see if he is alive, because I cut ties with him, all I see if JFK stuff. I read what was being posted and decided to share the little I know.

Hi Lisbette, I'm very glad you found us and I'm genuinely grateful that you're sharing your insights with us. I'm afraid age and bad experiences on these forums have made me extremely careful and very cynical. I'm sure you can understand and appreciate that.  :) Lisbette, you wrote "to see if he is alive, because I cut ties with him" and yet in an earlier post you said you had photos of your father from just a few days ago..I'm a little confused.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 04:10:50 PM by Denis Pointing »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2019, 04:04:21 PM »

Offline Lisbette Lundgren

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2019, 04:15:14 PM »
Denis,
 I’m his youngest daughter. I’m trying to see how to post a few pics I have. I am sharing the little I know mostly to share he still alive. Maybe someone can interview him. He has always said he didn’t do it. I don’t know if he did or not or if he was just unlucky. But aside of that I know he is and has always been a communist and was a mean father. Also a very quiet man. I barely knew about his life because he didn’t share much. We grew up not knowing he was a US citizen. What I heard was conversations from family members and what I experienced I.e., he and all his brothers were very mean angry people and very involved in military stuff.