Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Where Was Roger Craig When This Photo Was Taken?  (Read 3999 times)

Offline Thomas Graves

Where Was Roger Craig When This Photo Was Taken?
« on: April 24, 2019, 07:09:32 PM »
Advertisement
Contrary to what some people believe, the man in the dark suit on the other side of Elm Street is not Deputy Sheriff Roger Craig.

We know that Craig and Buddy Walthers were "captured" in the parking lot in the Darnell film, so where was Craig when this Murray photo was taken?

-- MWT   ;)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 07:10:38 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

Where Was Roger Craig When This Photo Was Taken?
« on: April 24, 2019, 07:09:32 PM »

Offline Denis Morissette

Re: Where Was Roger Craig When This Photo Was Taken?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 07:36:01 PM »
You are correct about not being Craig is this image. Craig had grayish pants. My opinion is that Craig is the man the red arrow is pointing to. It is Allen 1-5 taken at 12:41. It is the photo following the Walthers/Foster photos.

Offline Denis Morissette

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 07:43:40 PM »
The next photo is number 10, but of an unknown Roll number. I need to contact the 6FM to find out. No idea when it was taken. The only clues in this photo is that Deputy Lummie Lewis, reporter Mary Woodward (I think) are in the photo. Craig said he arrested a woman in the parking lot and ask Lewis to take care of her. Maybe it is that woman? From the back, it is obviously a cameraman. Looks like WFAA cameraman Tom Alyea. Unknown policeman. Determining the Roll number will help. Richard Sprague is very good with time stamping, but I have not seen that photo mentioned in his Master List. I have seen that photo for the first time only 4 years ago. Some people who are on this forum or Facebook may have the answer to that question.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 07:43:40 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 08:41:19 PM »
The next photo is number 10, but of an unknown Roll number. I need to contact the 6FM to find out. No idea when it was taken. The only clues in this photo is that Deputy Lummie Lewis, reporter Mary Woodward (I think) are in the photo. Craig said he arrested a woman in the parking lot and ask Lewis to take care of her. Maybe it is that woman? From the back, it is obviously a cameraman. Looks like WFAA cameraman Tom Alyea. Unknown policeman. Determining the Roll number will help. Richard Sprague is very good with time stamping, but I have not seen that photo mentioned in his Master List. I have seen that photo for the first time only 4 years ago. Some people who are on this forum or Facebook may have the answer to that question.

https://imgur.com/a/Jqzaf9n

In Craig's WC testimony he said after hearing shots fired he left his motorcade viewing position on Main/Houston and ran across Houston St and then Elm St to the railroad area. Craig examined that area and eventually talked with/questioned a girl that was moving her car back there. Craig then took this girl back over to the Police Station. Craig makes no mention in his WC Testimony of investigating the Front Pergola area. After handing the girl off for further questioning, it was then that Craig claims to have gone with Lemmy Lewis to examine the (S) Elm curb area. If Craig's WC testimony is accurate, his itinerary does not fit his being the guy under the arrow in the Hammer Man photo.   

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 08:55:50 PM »
    In Craig's WC testimony he said after hearing shots fired he left his motorcade viewing position on Main/Houston and ran across Houston St and then Elm St to the railroad area. Craig examined that area and eventually talked with/questioned a girl that was moving her car back there. Craig then took this girl back over to the Police Station. Craig makes no mention in his WC Testimony of investigating the Front Pergola area. After handing the girl off for further questioning, it was then that Craig claims to have gone with Lemmy Lewis to examine the (S) Elm curb area. If Craig's WC testimony is accurate, his itinerary does not fit his being the guy under the arrow in the Hammer Man photo.   

Battles,

Exactly.

He's not.

-- MWT   ;)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 08:55:50 PM »

Offline Denis Morissette

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 01:00:33 AM »
2 photos after we see witness Robert Edwards at around 12:50.

https://imgur.com/a/2ymTtxD

Online James Hackerott

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2019, 01:40:19 AM »

https://imgur.com/a/Jqzaf9n
Denis,
I think that camera man is A.J.L'Hoste not Tom Alyea. See Trask's That Day in Dallas page 102. Jim Murray captures L'Hoste filming Sheriff Bill Decker.

James

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2019, 01:40:19 AM »

Offline Denis Morissette

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2019, 04:25:09 AM »
I don?t think L?Hoste was wearing glasses. When I met him a few years ago, he was not.