Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Mr Billy Lovelady  (Read 20158 times)

Offline Alan Ford

Re: Mr Billy Lovelady
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2019, 08:33:50 PM »
Advertisement
Alan, it is the shadow of the left pillar at the entrance of the building.

I'm sorry, Mr Mitcham, but that is a physical impossibility.

Here is Mr A Stancak's reconstruction of the doorway in Darnell. (We can, for present purposes, ignore Mr Frazier & Mr Stancak's rendition of Prayer Man.) The position of the sun would hardly have changed between the scene in Wiegman and that in Darnell! I have highlighted the shadow line created by the west pillar:

Are you seriously suggesting that Mr Lovelady in both frames below is so far west that nearly half his body is in the shadow of the west pillar?

A complete non-starter!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 10:17:10 PM by Alan Ford »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2019, 08:33:50 PM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2019, 10:32:53 PM »
I'm sorry, Mr Mitcham, but that is a physical impossibility.

No need for the Mr, Alan, perfectly happy with Ray, and it isn't a physical impossibility.
Here is Mr A Stancak's reconstruction of the doorway in Darnell. (We can, for present purposes, ignore Mr Frazier & Mr Stancak's rendition of Prayer Man.) The position of the sun would hardly have changed between the scene in Wiegman and that in Darnell! I have highlighted the shadow line created by the west pillar:

Are you seriously suggesting that Mr Lovelady in both frames below is so far west that nearly half his body is in the shadow of the west pillar?

A complete non-starter!

Sorry, Re Stancek's reconstruction. Where  is Lovelady in it?

The shadow on Frazier is caused by the stone lintel over the entrance.

The shadow on Lovelady  is caused by the west pillar of the entrance.

If you disagree what do you think caused the black "shadow"?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 11:05:22 PM by Ray Mitcham »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2019, 04:27:15 AM »
I was wondering that myself.

The shadow on Frazier is caused by the stone lintel over the entrance.
Why are there only 4 people in the 'reconstruction'?

If you disagree what do you think caused the black "shadow"?
I think it is the position of the sun in relation to the structure involved. IOW an object that does not allow any light to pass through....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2019, 04:27:15 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2019, 09:42:01 AM »

Don't worry about the human figures in Mr Stancak's reconstruction! This is his minimal setting of the Darnell scene, which I am using purely to illustrate the shadow line from the west pillar at 12.30pm on 11/22/63:

The shadow line would be the same for the time of Altgens and Wiegman, yes?

Now--------Unless Mr Stancak has gotten the sun's angle wildly wrong, the shadow from the west pillar would only catch Mr Lovelady if he were much farther west of the entranceway's center railing:

Like I say, it is a physical impossibility that the darkness down the right side of Mr Lovelady's body is a shadow. That side of his body was in full sunlight!

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2019, 09:44:52 AM »
  I think it is the position of the sun in relation to the structure involved.

The position of the sun in relation to the structure involved is precisely what rules out the darkness down Mr Lovelady's right side's being explicable as a shadow cast by the entranceway's west pillar!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2019, 09:44:52 AM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2019, 11:39:55 AM »
Don't worry about the human figures in Mr Stancak's reconstruction! This is his minimal setting of the Darnell scene, which I am using purely to illustrate the shadow line from the west pillar at 12.30pm on 11/22/63:

The shadow line would be the same for the time of Altgens and Wiegman, yes?

Now--------Unless Mr Stancak has gotten the sun's angle wildly wrong, the shadow from the west pillar would only catch Mr Lovelady if he were much farther west of the entranceway's center railing:

Like I say, it is a physical impossibility that the darkness down the right side of Mr Lovelady's body is a shadow. That side of his body was in full sunlight!

As I asked above, Alan, "If you disagree what do you think caused the black "shadow"?"

Can you let me have the link to his reconstruction on the other forum, Alan, I can't seem to find it?

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2019, 01:33:46 PM »
Alan, Andrej  Stancek's web site doesn't show the overhead view, which in the past, when he posted on the Ed forum, I  agreed he had the correct angle of the sun. Until I find it again, I am unable to show you where I believe Lovelady was.

Is this one you mean?

Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2019, 01:33:46 PM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2019, 01:59:18 PM »
Is this one you mean?

Thumb1:

Thanks, Alan.

I believe that Lovelady is standing directly in front of Prayerman with his right foot on the right hand side of the green line as we look at it. This would mean the shadow would be on half of his body. I assume that you believe he was standing in full sunlight, and if so, this is where we disagree.