Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: Marilyn Sitzman and Beatrice Hester Down the Knoll in Skaggs09  (Read 232 times)

Offline James Hackerott

I found Mrs Hester years ago but Sitzman only a few days ago. After the shots Skaggs crossed Houston street from NE corner of Main/Houston, took two photos of the knoll area from the north peristyle, trekked to the TUP to take a closeup of Haygood, and then made it to the upper knoll to take slide #09.

From an interview of Marilyn Sitzman by Josiah ?Tink? Thompson in 1966.
?Sitzman: Uh huh. And I got off the concrete slab we were standing on, and I ran down the hill, and I met some men from across the street, and I took it for granted that they were Secret Service or CIA or something like that; and they asked me what happened, and I said, "they killed him." And I walked back up the hill, and I talked to an FBI man up there that did identify himself to me, but I don't recall his name, and then I walked back behind the marble thing there, not behind it, but back inside.
Thompson: Inside the alcove.
Sitzman: And I looked out the back. Everybody was running back that way. Everybody ran up the hill and back and looked out that way.
Thompson: And where did they run? Did they run back into the railroad yard or into the parking lot?
Sitzman: Some ran ... I mean ... I finally got back up to the alcove. There was bunches of people just swarming back there, and I think almost everybody on that hill ran back up that way. ?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Soon she was back up to the pedestal where she stood during the assassination, interviewed by Bill Wiseman as filmed by Jimmy Darnell.

James

Online Thomas Graves

Re: Marilyn Sitzman and Beatrice Hester Down the Knoll in Skaggs09
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 05:45:22 AM »
I found Mrs Hester years ago but Sitzman only a few days ago. After the shots Skaggs crossed Houston street from NE corner of Main/Houston, took two photos of the knoll area from the north peristyle, trekked to the TUP to take a closeup of Haygood, and then made it to the upper knoll to take slide #09.

From an interview of Marilyn Sitzman by Josiah ?Tink? Thompson in 1966.
?Sitzman: Uh huh. And I got off the concrete slab we were standing on, and I ran down the hill, and I met some men from across the street, and I took it for granted that they were Secret Service or CIA or something like that; and they asked me what happened, and I said, "they killed him." And I walked back up the hill, and I talked to an FBI man up there that did identify himself to me, but I don't recall his name, and then I walked back behind the marble thing there, not behind it, but back inside.
Thompson: Inside the alcove.
Sitzman: And I looked out the back. Everybody was running back that way. Everybody ran up the hill and back and looked out that way.
Thompson: And where did they run? Did they run back into the railroad yard or into the parking lot?
Sitzman: Some ran ... I mean ... I finally got back up to the alcove. There was bunches of people just swarming back there, and I think almost everybody on that hill ran back up that way. ?

Soon she was back up to the pedestal where she stood during the assassination, interviewed by Bill Wiseman as filmed by Jimmy Darnell.

James

Nice work, James.

Does this give us a better idea of the time frame in which James Darnell filmed Stella Mae Joseph, Gloria Holt and Sharon Simmons on the Pergola Patio, as he looks as though he's getting ready to do in the Tina Towner film?

-- MWT   ;)

JFK Assassination Forum

Re: Marilyn Sitzman and Beatrice Hester Down the Knoll in Skaggs09
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 05:45:22 AM »

Mobile View