Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: More Darnell Film of the Three Young Women  (Read 41794 times)

Online James Hackerott

More Darnell Film of the Three Young Women
« on: April 15, 2019, 03:31:51 AM »
Advertisement
This scene is burned in my mind as representing the three women Stella Jacob, Jeanie Holt and Sharon Simmons. The following animation frame count was thinned by about 75% to manage size while still capturing the action which lasts almost 4 seconds in real time. This scene follows the frames included in Denis Morissette's Darnell compilation showing the women while still on the pergola patio, which after duplicate frames are removed lasts a little more than 1.4 seconds.

The women have now left the pergola patio and are on the grass still walking eastward. Off camera to the right there seems to be one or more people interacting with the women. Sharon points with her left hand's index finger over her right shoulder ? perhaps indicating where they stood during the shooting. Karen displays her horror of the event while raising her open right hand to her chest as if to punctuate what she is saying. Stella is more animated yet, boldly splaying her hands while rolling her eyes skyward, seemingly with a slight grin grimace on her face.

While a little  hard to detect in the very late frames, Darnell and the women stop walking but the women continue to interact with those hidden figures out of frame. Are they being interviewed by reporters or law enforcement? Obviously, I don't know, but at some point Jacob, Holt and Simmons talked with Deputy C.L. ?Lummie? Lewis of the Dallas County Sheriff's Department. In his supplemental investigation report November 23, 1963 he specifically wrote on page 1 that he talked with these three women.

James
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 12:29:29 AM by James Hackerott »

JFK Assassination Forum

More Darnell Film of the Three Young Women
« on: April 15, 2019, 03:31:51 AM »

Offline Thomas Graves

Re: More Darnell Film of the Three Young Women
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 05:01:11 AM »
This scene is burned in my mind as representing the three women Stella Jacob, Karen [sic] Holt and Sharon Simmons. The following animation frame count was thinned by about 75% to manage size while still capturing the action which lasts almost 4 seconds in real time. This scene follows the frames included in Denis Morissette's Darnell compilation showing the women while still on the pergola patio, which after duplicate frames are removed lasts a little more than 1.4 seconds.

The women have now left the pergola patio and are on the grass still walking eastward. Off camera to the right there seems to be one or more people interacting with the women. Sharon points with her left hand's index finger over her right shoulder ? perhaps indicating where they stood during the shooting. Karen displays her horror of the event while raising her open right hand to her chest as if to punctuate what she is saying. Stella is more animated yet, boldly splaying her hands while rolling her eyes skyward, seemingly with a slight grin on her face.

While a little  hard to detect in the very late frames, Darnell and the women stop walking but the women continue to interact with those hidden figures out of frame. Are they being interviewed by reporters or law enforcement? Obviously, I don't know, but at some point Jacob, Holt and Simmons talked with Deputy C.L. ?Lummie? Lewis of the Dallas County Sheriff's Department. In his supplemental investigation report November 23, 1963 he specifically wrote on page 1 that he talked with these three women.

James

Great post, James.

I'd never seen that clip or that document before.

It makes sense that Lummie would have been talking with them or at least listening to them there.

They were well off the Pergola Patio at the time.

Looks as though Jacob has a scarf around her neck and that she is somewhat "bucktoothed".

Two men pass from left to right behind them. I wonder who they were, and whether or not they were caught in any "time stamped" photographic images around the Grassy Knoll after the assassination?

-- MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 01:30:17 PM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 06:01:22 AM »

Behold, I give you (from left to right) Westbrook's "Probably Carol Reed, Definitely Gloria Calvery, and Me, Karen Westbrook!"

LOL

-- MWT   ;)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 01:32:49 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 06:01:22 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 04:11:38 AM »
Behold, I give you (from left to right) Westbrook's "Probably Carol Reed, Definitely Gloria Calvery, and Me, Karen Westbrook!"

Nope. Westbrook didn?t look at the Darnell footage. Try again.

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 06:13:03 AM »
Again, Mr. Clueless, nobody is claiming that Calvery is one of the Darnell women.

No, Iacoletti.  You and Westbrook are claiming that Calvery is one of the Darnell gals, but you evidently don't realize it.

The three gals in Towner and the three gals in Darnell are the same people, and they are also visible in Zapruder "by" the Stemmons Sign.  Simmons is the one wearing the blue headscarf, Holt is the one with the strawberry-blond hair, and Jacob is the one with the poofed-up black hair, the dark complexion (as can be seen in Z-60, etc), and the off-white skirt and dark brown jacket.

-- MWT   ;)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 06:38:48 AM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 06:13:03 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 07:54:59 PM »
No, Iacoletti.  You and Westbrook are claiming that Calvery is one of the Darnell gals, but you evidently don't realize it.

The three gals in Towner and the three gals in Darnell are the same people,

Says you.

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 12:23:49 AM »
Why would anybody else share your pareidolia?

All this fuss over this blurry mess:

How do you even know Darnell is anywhere near there?

Iacoletti,

When you look at those three gals, can you see that 1) the one on the left has black hair and is wearing a white skirt and a brown coat, 2) the one in the middle has blondish hair and is wearing a dark-colored dress or raincoat, and 3) the one on the right is wearing a dark dress or raincoat and a light-blue headscarf?

Yes or No?

Can you see that they are on the Pergola Patio, near its front edge?

Yes or No?

Can you see that the man who's running as though he wants to interdict them has what could very well be a camera bag bouncing on the right side of his body?

Yes or No?

Or are they all just "blobs" to you?

LOL

-- MWT   ;)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 09:25:44 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 12:23:49 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2019, 12:28:45 AM »
Iacoletti,

You don't need to put my name in every post.

When you look at those three gals,

How do you even know they're "gals"?

can you see that 1) the one on the left has black hair

No.

and is wearing a white skirt

Possibly.

and a brown coat,

No.

2) the one in the middle has blondish hair

No.

and is wearing dark clothing,

Possibly.

and 3) the one on the right is wearing a dark raincoat

No.

and a light-blue headscarf?

Possibly.

Can you see that they are on the Pergola Patio, near its front edge?

Yes.

Do you know when Darnell took his footage and where he was standing at the time?

Yes or No?