Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Proving the passage was clear.  (Read 12399 times)

Offline John Mytton

Re: Proving the passage was clear.
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2019, 11:05:40 PM »
Advertisement
They were in the supply room on the southwest corner which had a cage north wall. They would have had a view of the staircase.

Do you have any photos?

All I could find is the floor plan which shows that the supply room is quite a distance away and in addition the other side was a storage area.

Here's a view of the staircase from the 6th floor, OHS be buggered!

And some more "storages spaces" on other floors.

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2019, 11:05:40 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2019, 11:37:57 PM »
Do you have any photos?

All I could find is the floor plan which shows that the supply room is quite a distance away and in addition the other side was a storage area.

Here's a view of the staircase from the 6th floor, OHS be buggered!

And some more "storages spaces" on other floors.

JohnM

I am sure you can show more photos of store rooms, but as long as they are not of the store room on the 4th floor those pics are meaningless

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2019, 11:51:14 PM »
I am sure you can show more photos of store rooms, but as long as they are not of the store room on the 4th floor those pics are meaningless

Why so confrontational, just relax and let's think this through.

I already stated that I don't have any photos of the fourth floor and simply asked if John had any.

But what we do have is photos of the other storage areas on the first, fifth and sixth floors and what these show is how they repeatedly utilized their space demonstrating a consistent behaviour and is fair way to determine the possibilities on the 4th floor.

JohnM
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 12:12:28 AM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2019, 11:51:14 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2019, 01:06:09 AM »
Why so confrontational, just relax and let's think this through.

I already stated that I don't have any photos of the fourth floor and simply asked if John had any.

But what we do have is photos of the other storage areas on the first, fifth and sixth floors and what these show is how they repeatedly utilized their space demonstrating a consistent behaviour and is fair way to determine the possibilities on the 4th floor.

JohnM

Why are you being so sanctimonious, when it is obvious what you were trying to do?

The fact remains that you have zero evidence that the vision to the stairs was somehow blocked, which is exactly you were trying to imply?. and failed.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 01:25:02 AM by Martin Weidmann »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2019, 01:11:26 AM »
Do you have any photos?

I don?t. But I think it?s curious that no photos were taken of 3 and 4.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2019, 01:11:26 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2019, 01:42:32 AM »
Dougherty was reliable enough to fill orders and check the fire alarm each morning.

Mr. BALL - Now, what kind of work have you been doing at the Texas School Book Depository in the last few years?
 Mr. DOUGHERTY - Oh---shipping clerk.
 Mr. BALL - And what kind of work is that?
 Mr. DOUGHERTY - Well, that's when they bring the orders from on the second floor, and in other words, you fill them from the---they are orders, I guess you would call them orders, to fill from there, and outside of doing little odd jobs besides that---that's it.

Mr. BALL - What time did you go to work?
 Mr. DOUGHERTY - Well, I got there---it was after 7 o'clock in the morning.
 Mr. BALL - Do you usually get there in the morning at 7 o'clock?
 Mr. DOUGHERTY - Yes.
 Mr. BALL - Why do you get there at 7 instead of 8, when the rest of the men get there?
 Mr. DOUGHERTY - Well, you might say, I have a little---extra chores to do.
 Mr. BALL - You do that--you get there at 7 all the time, don't you?
 Mr. DOUGHERTY - Yes, I've been doing it for 11 years.
 Mr. BALL - That's what Mr. Truly told me, that you get there real early.
 Mr. DOUGHERTY - Yes.
 Mr. BALL - And you did get there about 7 that morning?
 Mr. DOUGHERTY - Yes.
 Mr. BALL - Let's see, Mr. Dougherty, you said that you have some extra chores--what are those extra chores?
 Mr. DOUGHERTY - I have to see to it that the water system is pumped up. In other words, the air pressure is up to where---up to 40 pounds so that if it isn't pumped up, the alarm goes off, and the ADT runs that alarm system, and we immediately call Mr. Truly and of course they call me.
 Mr. BALL - What is the ADT?
 Mr. DOUGHERTY - That's that---I don't know too much about it---it has something to do with the alarm system they have got down there.
 Mr. BALL - You mean the pressure, do you?
 Mr. DOUGHERTY - Yes
 Mr. BALL - Is that a fire-alarm system?
 Mr. DOUGHERTY - Yes--you could call it that.
 Mr. BALL - Now, what else do you do there early in the morning?
 Mr. DOUGHERTY - Well, let's see, I have to check and see that there is no leaks ,in the building, that the pipes are not leaking somewhere.
 Mr. BALL - Anything else you do?
 Mr. DOUGHERTY - No; I believe that just about covers it.

I believe he became "more confused" or distressed after the shooting (comment from Truly) and possible "less reliable".

His was quite specific about his position at the time he heard the rifle shot.

Mr. BALL - Tell me this---when you heard that explosion or whatever it was--- that loud noise, where were you on the fifth floor-tell me exactly where you were?
 Mr. DOUGHERTY - Well, I was about 10 feet from the west elevator---the west side of the elevator.

Here is a picture that you can use as a reference.

Was Dougherty retrieving stock from the boxes to the left of the picture? As the elevator gates were left open at this time, one assumes he was not far from the only elevator that could be "called" at that time. The east elevator was on the same floor. Dougherty was assumed to have moved the west elevator by the time Baker and Truly arrived. Where did it go?

Another inconvenience that needed to be clarified, Williams also not very reliable after the shooting it seems. Must have been confused or misunderstood by the FBI. Easy mistake to make.

We do have a photo of the 5th floor, where Dougherty claimed to be at the time he heard a noise. Can't seem to find any reference to him in any recreation. Then again we can simply ignore him entirely because of his "mental issues". If only as much effort was put into questioning him about his movements immediately after the shots as his observation of Oswald entering the TSBD that morning we might know more.

I see no response to Williams interview by the FBI on the 23rd about observing the stairs after the shots. Was he merely confused (again, and not for the last time), or the FBI simply got this crucial piece of information completely wrong? 

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2019, 01:45:25 AM »
Styles was adamant that they never left right away. No less than a minute she said. If they did leave early and missed Truly and Baker then they must have really been going. And in three inch heels at at that. Oswald wouldn't have had to sneak past Garner because he would have already passed by before she went back into that area. With the speedsters in their three inch heeled shoes clop clop clopping on the wooden stairs, Oswald was able to follow behind, with any noise that he may have been making being drowned out by that of the speedsters.

The problem with this is that Baker said as he arrived on the 2nd floor he saw movement through the window in the door and stopped to investigate. This movement, according to the tale, was Oswald going into the lunchroom. Truly however had already nearly reached the third floor when he noticed Baker wasn't following and he turned around. If Adams and Styles had been behind Oswald, Truly would have had to bump into to them on the stairs. He didn't.

Martin, I pretty sure that we already went over that some time ago. It's possible that Oswald had stepped just inside the door to the vestibule leading to the lunchroom proper and stopped there until seeing the police officer pop into view. On an early descent, Adams and Styles would have been ahead of Oswald, not behind him.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2019, 01:45:25 AM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2019, 01:49:13 AM »

Unless someone can show a photo of the view from the fourth floor stock room facing towards the stairwell, then the claim that Hollies and Foster had a clear view of the entrance to the stairs is meaningless.