Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Mary Bledsoe's reading her testimony from a cue card and makes a small omission.  (Read 4729 times)

Offline Tom Scully

Advertisement
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/bledsoe.htm

Mr. BALL - And give us as much help as you can?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Yes.
Mr. BALL - What is your---you have given us your address, haven't you?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Yes.
Mr. BALL - Can you tell me something, briefly, about your past life? Where you were born and what your education was and what your occupation has been?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - I was born in the country. Town of about 12 miles from Corsicanna, Tex. My father was a doctor down there, and I was a second child; I have a brother older than I am. And then I moved to Ennis, and then come to Dallas and lived here until I was a little girl, 4 or 5 years old, then I went back down to Ennis and my father practiced medicine in Ennis, Tex., and then about---I married then when I was 17, and then I moved around quite a little while I was married, but-and then my husband and I, we had trouble, and I divorced him in-oh, about in 1925, and I raised my two children by myself, and I have been in the place where I live 24 years, and over on the back,

I was--I have been here 43 years in the neighborhood, and I raised both of my boys, and they are grown.
Mr. BALL - Your occupation has been that of a housewife?
Mrs. BLEDSOE - Yes. Well, I had rented rooms, but I had some money my father had given me. I had some money from him.
Mr. BALL - Your present address, you rent rooms, do you? ....

Father:
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/103030467/john-warren-germany
Dr John Warren Germany
BIRTH   22 Apr 1868
Limestone County, Texas, USA
DEATH   23 Sep 1938 (aged 70)
Ennis, Ellis County, Texas, USA

....Surviving are his wife, a daughter Mrs. Mary Bledsoe, Dallas; two sons, Porter Germany, Houston, and Peter Germany, Ennis; two grandsons, four brothers, and three sisters.

Half-brother:
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/149161859/james-walter-germany
James Walter ?Pete? Germany
BIRTH   17 Oct 1921
Ellis County, Texas, USA
DEATH   20 Sep 1996 (aged 74)
Napa County, California, USA....

Brother:
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/193240658/porter-lee-germany

Porter Lee Germany
BIRTH   26 Mar 1893
Texas, USA
DEATH   15 Nov 1977 (aged 84)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 05:21:00 AM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline John Iacoletti

Good catch, Tom.

Offline Bill Chapman

@Newbies: (Psst... she saw Oswald on the bus)

AFFIDAVIT IN ANY FACT
THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF DALLAS
BEFORE ME, Patsy Collins, a Notary Public in and for said County, State of Texas, on this day personally appeared Mrs. Mary E. Bledsoe, w/f 67, 621 N. Marsalis, Dallas, Texas, Telephone WH2-1985 who, after being by me duly sworn, on oath deposes and says:

Last Friday, November 22, 1963, I went downtown to see the President. I stood on Main Street just across the street from Titche's until the parade passed by. The I walked over to Elm Street and caught a bus to go home. The bus traveled West on Elm Street to about Murphy Street and made a stop and that is when I saw Lee Oswald get on the bus. The traffic was heavy and it took quite sometime [sic] to travel two or three blocks. During that time someone made the statement that the President had been shot and while the bus was stopped due to the heavy traffic, Oswald got off the bus and I didn't see him again. I know this man was Lee Oswald because he lived in my home from October 7, 1963 to October 14, 1963.

/s/ Mrs. Mary E. Bledsoe

SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN BEFORE ME THIS 23rd DAY OF November A.D. 1963

/s/ Patsy Collins
Notary Public, Dallas County, Texas

« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 08:40:22 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Tom Scully

First cousin of Mary Germany Bledsoe and R.D. Matthews:
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/87462676/jewell-rawlston-germany
Jewell Rawlston ?Jake? Germany, Jr
Birth  Lubbock, Lubbock County, Texas, USA
Death  23 Feb 1996
Dalzell, Sumter County, South Carolina, USA
?..
December, 1919

In 1930, RD Matthews was residing with his mother Grace and her sister Adelaide, mother of Jewell R Germany, Jr. and...
aunt by marriage, of Mary Germany Bledsoe.

D91 was the alleged calendar page Oswald wrote on, as sold by Porter Bledsoe. The handwriting was described as too limited for comparison.:
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=58987&relPageId=60&search=bledsoe_and%20hidell
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 02:29:47 AM by Tom Scully »

Offline John Iacoletti

@Newbies: (Psst... she saw Oswald on the bus)

Bledsoe also saw a picture of his baby before she was even born.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Bill Chapman

Bledsoe also saw a picture of his baby before she was even born.

You continue to grasp at straws

That was June Oswald she saw, born in Feb 1962
19-month-old children are usually considered to be babies; especially first-born.
Some aren't even talking by that age. In any case, Bledsoe saw her as a baby in the picture Oswald showed her, and that's what counts.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 05:13:29 AM by Bill Chapman »

Offline John Iacoletti

You continue to grasp at straws

That was June Oswald she saw, born in Feb 1962
19-month-old children are usually considered to be babies; especially first-born.
Some aren't even talking by that age.

In any case, Bledsoe saw her as a baby in the picture Oswald showed her, and that's what counts.

:D :D :D

Nice try, Chapman.

Mrs. BLEDSOE - And so, that give me a lead, something to talk about, and I said, "Well, what kind of work do you do? "Oh, I do electronics," he said, and I said, "Well, there is some good jobs because you are young, and you can get a good job a young man like you."
And then went on. Then something about him being in the Marines, and I said, "Well, that is wonderful. My son was in the Navy." And talking about him, you know, just getting to know him, and--but, "here is a picture of my wife, and picture of the girl, and the baby."

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Bill Chapman

:D :D :D

Nice try, Chapman.

Mrs. BLEDSOE - And so, that give me a lead, something to talk about, and I said, "Well, what kind of work do you do? "Oh, I do electronics," he said, and I said, "Well, there is some good jobs because you are young, and you can get a good job a young man like you."
And then went on. Then something about him being in the Marines, and I said, "Well, that is wonderful. My son was in the Navy." And talking about him, you know, just getting to know him, and--but, "here is a picture of my wife, and picture of the girl, and the baby."

My analysis is based on a more accurate Bledsoe statement, given the fact that Rachel had yet to be born:
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/bledsoe.htm
Bledsoe: And then we got inside the house and he had a thing where this---pictures of his wife and baby, and he said he was in the Marine Corps, and I tried to be nice.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 06:18:38 PM by Bill Chapman »