Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: What drives people to conspiracy theory?  (Read 10756 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: What drives people to conspiracy theory?
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2019, 07:19:05 AM »
Advertisement
What would be a representative sample?  My daughter is a clinical psychologist, her husband an Asst.DA and most of their friends similarly educated. So, what are they missing?

what are they missing

What no one outside these forums gives a crap about.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2019, 07:19:05 AM »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2019, 04:14:21 PM »
Really?

Ya think that might be why I put it in quotation marks?

Regardless, do you really think "active measures" counterintelligence operations, commingled with "strategic deception" (aka "operational deception") counterintelligence operations, against us and our allies, stopped in 1991?

LOL

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/08850607.2014.962362

-- MWT  :)

Right, you're the smart guy here.   ::)

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2019, 04:30:32 PM »
My daughter who is 34 recently had a baby shower.  40-50 people there, majority millennials in her age range.  As I walked around devouring food and drink, I engaged in a few conversations and several times asked a group: ?Did Jack Ruby, Lee Harvey Oswald or Jim Garrison shoot JFK?? The responses:  4 people said Ruby.  5 people said Oswald.  11 people said Garrison. 21 people said ?no idea and I really don?t care?. It gets less important with each passing generation.

As I walked around devouring food and drink,

21 people said ?no idea and I really don?t care?. It gets less important with each passing generation.

You've hit the nail on the head....  As long as the pissants are fat dumb and happy.... Nobody is going to give a damn....That's the American way.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2019, 04:30:32 PM »

Offline Dillon Rankine

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2019, 07:15:51 PM »
As I walked around devouring food and drink,

21 people said ?no idea and I really don?t care?. It gets less important with each passing generation.

You've hit the nail on the head....  As long as the pissants are fat dumb and happy.... Nobody is going to give a damn....That's the American way.

It was almost 60 years ago. It really doesn?t matter anymore. Even if there was a conspiracy, everybody involved is dead or dying. It didn?t change anything and neither will ?knowing? the ?truth.? Historical events loose their impact as time progresses. 

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2019, 07:36:06 PM »
It was almost 60 years ago. It really doesn?t matter anymore. Even if there was a conspiracy, everybody involved is dead or dying. It didn?t change anything and neither will ?knowing? the ?truth.? Historical events loose their impact as time progresses.

Agreed. Now that GHWB is dead, I'm going to call this one a successful coup d'etat and a bonafide win for the conspirators. Congrats to all the LNer shills for all their decades of hapless work toeing the WC party line. Suckas!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2019, 07:36:06 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2019, 01:13:11 AM »

If it doesn't matter anymore.....Then WHY does the government continue to lie, and withhold evidence and information??

Offline Dillon Rankine

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2019, 02:14:32 AM »
If it doesn't matter anymore.....Then WHY does the government continue to lie, and withhold evidence and information??

When was the last time the US gov even mentioned the JFK case?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2019, 02:14:32 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2019, 02:00:34 PM »