Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Assassination Witnesses Never Called to give Testimony at the Warren Commission  (Read 14574 times)

Online Mitch Todd

Advertisement
You think Smith literally examined the ID?

Read his recollection. He's already assumed the man is with the Secret Service: "Of course, I wasn't alone. There was some deputy sheriff with me, and I believe one Secret Service man when I got there."

Then he "felt awfully silly". Then the man "showed" him he was an agent. Flashed some ID that Smith assumed was SS? Could have been a plainclothes officer.

If that's smoke in Wiegman, they were using artillery on the knoll.
Richard Dodd, one of the railroad workers on top of the triple overpass, told Mark Lane about a Katy Railroad "Special Agent" who was among the guys "checking cars" in the parking lot atop the GK after the assassination. Ever since I heard that, I've wondered if the MKT Dick was the "Agent" that Smith ran into. The MKT railroad detectives really did have badges that prominently featured "Special Agent," and I can see Smith seeing those words on an MKT badge, and not paying too much attention to the rest. There's really not much int the way of proof to the contention, but it makes more sense than most if not all of the other notions I've seen floated as to the "SS Agent's" identity.  At least Dodd can place the guy at the scene, and the lot's adjacency to the railroad yard would lead to the reasonable expectation that the MKT agent would be in the area. I guess the conspiracy theorists can run with it too; instead of a fake SS agent, the GK conspirator could have been a fake MKT detective! Woo Hoo! Just that Ofc Smith didn't pay attention to the cover and wound up inadvertently drawing attention to an encounter that otherwise would have gone unremarked upon.   

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Ray Mitcham

That's three now, Thought extinct ... but with us today.

Bowers  Saw some "unusual occurrence", probably visual ("flash of light or smoke") in "that area" (the opening between the pergola and the east end of the fence, about where a black couple reportedly ran from). Bowers said he saw no one behind the fence.  Holland  Holland's line-of-sight coincides with the back of the retaining wall, where a black couple reportedly ran from, and is similar to what Bowers reported.Dodd  Same line-of-sight as Holland.  Simmons  Similar line-of-sight as Holland, but Simmons originally said he "saw exhaust fumes of smoke near the embankment in front of the Texas School Book Depository Building."  Olivier  :D

I guess we're not going to hear from Hudson and Sitzman, who were feet from the fence corner, who reported no rifle being fired so near them, saw no smoke and detected no smell of a gun having been fired.

Thompson: (resumes recording) So now I believe the motorcade has made the turn onto Houston Street and is proceeding down Houston Street. Sorry we were interrupted.
Sitzman: Try it again. There was nothing unusual until the first sound, which I thought was a firecracker, mainly because of the reaction of President Kennedy. He put his hands up to guard his face and leaned to the left, and the motorcade, you know, proceeded down the hill. And the next thing that I remembered correct ... clearly was the shot that hit him directly in front of us, or almost directly in front of us, that hit him on the side of his fa ... [sic]
Thompson: Where on the side of the head did that shot appear to hit?
Sitzman: I would say it'd be above the ear and to the front.
Thompson: In other words, if one drew a line vertically upward from the tip of the ear, it would be forward of that line?
Sitzman: Yeah.
Thompson: It would then mean the left ... back of the temple, but on the side of the head, back of the temple?
Sitzman: Between the eye and the ear.
Thompson: Between the eye and the ear.
Sitzman: And we could see his brains come out, you know, his head opening. It must have been a terrible shot because it exploded his head, more or less.
Thompson: Did you see what the President's movement was at that point? I mean, how his head moved or how his body seemed to move under the impact of the shot.
Sitzman: No, I guess ... I saw his, you know, the shot hit his head and what happened to his head, and I don't care what anybody says, I was looking at his head. I wasn't paying any attention which way he was moving or anything else, because it's something that I've never seen before, you know, and kind of ugh.
Thompson: Did you see the head flip, though, under the impact in any particular direction -- forward, backward, to the left?
Sitzman: No, I don't recall if I did or not. I just, you know, this is what I saw, this is what I remember.
Thompson: Right, right.
Sitzman: And as far as the sound of the shots go, the first one, as I said, sounded like a firecracker, and the second one that I heard sounded the same, because I recall no difference whatsoever in them. And I'm sure that if the second shot would have come from a different place -- and the supposed theory is they would have been much closer to me and on the right side -- I would have heard the sounding of the gun much closer, and I probably had a ringing in my head because the fence was quite close to where we were standing, very close. Ah, it just sounded the same way.

Emmett Hudson

Mr. HUDSON - No, sir. I'll tell you - this young fellow that was sitting there with me - standing there with me at the present time, he says, "lay down, Mister, somebody is shooting the President." He says, "Lay down, lay down." and he kept repeating, "Lay down." so he was already laying down one way on the sidewalk, so I just laid down over on the ground and resting my arm on the ground and when that third shot rung out and when I was close to the ground - you could tell the shot was coming from above and kind of behind.
Mr. LIEBELER - How could you tell that?
Mr. HUDSON - Well, just the sound of it.
Mr. LIEBELER - You heard it come from sort of behind the motorcade and then above?

Offline Jerry Organ

The parameters of rationalizing start when you ignored the most important part which makes Sitzman completely inconsistent. The fact that she contradicted herself means she was inconsistent. Not a big deal since LHO was never convicted.

Sitzman view

Z469 - No "smoke" one sec after Wiegman clear frame
"I have no qualms" simply means she would state it if it were true and she's willing to consider the possibility. Hardly goes with her no longer maintaining she heard three shots from her left (area of Depository) and that she saw no gunman or gunsmoke from the fence.

I can't find the source of the "qualms" quote. If it's from her 1993 Sixth Floor Museum interview, it is prefaced with:

Q: "What is your analysis of the possibility of a gunman, a second gunman,
           being behind that picket fence."

A: "After looking at the film and doing a lot of reading ... etc., I would say
          there's a very good possibility there was somebody back there, but they
          had a silencer. I don't know who was shooting where, but there was
          nobody standing behind that close with a rifle except a silencer on it."

I guess looking at the film means the 1991 "JFK" movie. And she's asked about a "possibility". Not what she actually remembered firsthand, which goes back a long way.

" I talked to Marilyn Sitzman, 202 S. Lancaster who said her boss, Abraham Zaprutes, 
      RI 8 6071, had movies of the shooting. She said the shots came from that way and
      she pointed at the old Sexton Building."
          -- Report of Deputy Sheriff John Wiseman, Nov. 23, 1963
             (the Depository was formerly known as the Sexton Building)

Since we both know what she said, that would be another witness of yours who would fall short of helping your narrative. Completely useless to you, but more important another hostile witness caught playing make-believe.

I see. This is a game to you.

Since we know Mr. Zapruder's film was altered and since we know he was a native of Ukraine which fell under the umbrella of the Soviet Union then we can say it is very fishy.

The Zapruder film certainly wasn't altered. And I fail to see how the Soviet Union had any influence on Zapruder.

LHO wasn't born there. Who would have ever thought, old man Zapruder with his perfect cover? You wouldn't suspect a haberdasher, would you? Don't be lazy, start looking at shady Abraham. Something just is not right about that guy.

Couldn't quite keep in those Nazi dog whistles.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 06:15:10 PM by Jerry Organ »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Peter Kleinschmidt

Sitzman view

Z469 - No "smoke" one sec after Wiegman clear frame
"I have no qualms" simply means she would state it if it were true and she's willing to consider the possibility. Hardly goes with her no longer maintaining she heard three shots from her left (area of Depository) and that she saw no gunman or gunsmoke from the fence.

I can't find the source of the "qualms" quote. If it's from her 1993 Sixth Floor Museum interview, it is prefaced with:

Q: "What is your analysis of the possibility of a gunman, a second gunman,
           being behind that picket fence."

A: "After looking at the film and doing a lot of reading ... etc., I would say
          there's a very good possibility there was somebody back there, but they
          had a silencer. I don't know who was shooting where, but there was
          nobody standing behind that close with a rifle except a silencer on it."

I guess looking at the film means the 1991 "JFK" movie. And she's asked about a "possibility". Not what she actually remembered firsthand, which goes back a long way.

" I talked to Marilyn Sitzman, 202 S. Lancaster who said her boss, Abraham Zaprutes, 
      RI 8 6071, had movies of the shooting. She said the shots came from that way and
      she pointed at the old Sexton Building."
          -- Report of Deputy Sheriff John Wiseman, Nov. 23, 1963
             (the Depository was formerly known as the Sexton Building)

I see. This is a game to you.

The Zapruder film certainly wasn't altered. And I fail to see how the Soviet Union had any influence on Zapruder.

Couldn't quite keep in those Nazi dog whistles.
Now you're trying to convince me what she said is not important.
How would you know? Then you throw out a picture of her view and act as though she took that very picture.
I thought you would use a picture where they zoom in as you did with Brennan's exaggerated view of the 6th-floor window? What happened to consistency?
You mean to tell me they were making 1980's Chevrolet trucks in the early
1960's. Naturally, I wouldn't think to see smoke 20some years later. 

Dogs whistle? I would like to see that, but for now, I don't believe you.

One sec after? haha, Thank God for the bounty of info between the sprocket holes. 

Sitzman's inconsistent and you're inconsistent. Those are the facts.
BTW I want to see this dog of yours whistle. I love pet tricks, they made for great entertainment on late night tv, I am sure you would agree

Offline Jerry Freeman

You think Smith literally examined the ID?
The MKT railroad detectives really did have badges that prominently featured "Special Agent," .. instead of a fake SS agent, the GK conspirator could have been a fake MKT detective!
I actually have two "Special Agent" badges....available in any pawn shop.
 Anyway, what about the woman who was screaming?
Mr. SMITH. Yes, sir.; and this woman came up to me and she was just in hysterics. She told me, "They are shooting the President from the bushes." So I immediately proceeded up here.
Maybe she just heard the Bar-B-Q firewood popping huh?

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Jerry Organ

I actually have two "Special Agent" badges....available in any pawn shop.
 Anyway, what about the woman who was screaming?Maybe she just heard the Bar-B-Q firewood popping huh?

Do you now think the "smoke" in the Wiegman film is from a Bar-B-Q?

Offline Jerry Freeman

The screaming woman? Didn't happen. Didn't exist. The witnesses Bowers, Holland, Dodd, Simmons, Oliver didn't really see anything. OK.
I guess we're not going to hear from Hudson and Sitzman, who were feet from the fence corner, who reported no rifle being fired so near them, saw no smoke and detected no smell of a gun having been fired.
I guess you want a 8X10 glossy of a rifleman behind the fence :-\

Sitzman: And as far as the sound of the shots go, the first one, as I said, sounded like a firecracker, and the second one that I heard sounded the same, because I recall no difference whatsoever in them. And I'm sure that if the second shot would have come from a different place -- and the supposed theory is they would have been much closer to me and on the right side -- I would have heard the sounding of the gun much closer, and I probably had a ringing in my head because the fence was quite close to where we were standing, very close. Ah, it just sounded the same way.
 Sitzman: There was a ... there was thousands of people coming out of that building after I got back there. There was reporters, there were just people from the street I remember coming up and asking questions.
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/sitzman.htm
"Supposed theory"... "Thousands" :D

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Jerry Organ

The screaming woman? Didn't happen. Didn't exist.

Nonsense. There was several people who reported shots from other than the Depository. The Warren Commission called Officer Joe Smith to testify.

Mr. LIEBELER. I show you a picture, an aerial view of the area that is marked Commission
               Exhibit No. 354.
     Mr. LIEBELER. I will put the No. 4 in a circle on the spot of approximately where you
               were standing at the time the motorcade went by. Is that approximately correct?
     Mr. SMITH. Yes, sir.
     Mr. LIEBELER. You were facing east up Elm Street away from the triple underpass?
     Mr. SMITH. Yes, sir.
     Mr. LIEBELER. So that your back was in fact turned to the School Book Depository Building?
     Mr. SMITH. Yes.
     Mr. SMITH. I started up toward this Book Depository after I heard the shots, and I didn't
               know where the shots came from. I had no idea, because it was such a ricochet.
     Mr. LIEBELER. An echo effect?
     Mr. SMITH. Yes, sir.; and this woman came up to me and she was just in hysterics.
               She told me, "They are shooting the President from the bushes." So I immediately
               proceeded up here.
     Mr. LIEBELER. You proceeded up to an area immediately behind the concrete structure
               here that is described by Elm Street and the street that runs immediately in front
               of the Texas School Book Depository, is that right?
     Mr. SMITH. I was checking all the bushes and I checked all the cars in the parking lot.
     Mr. LIEBELER. Down around the---let's put a No. 5 there at the corner here behind this
               concrete structure where the bushes were down toward the railroad tracks from
               the Texas School Book Depository Building on the little street that runs down in
               front of the Texas School Book Depository Building.
     Mr. SMITH. Yes.
     Mr. LIEBELER. Now you say that you had the idea that the shots may have come from
               up in that area?
     Mr. SMITH. Yes, sir; that is just what, well, like I say, the sound of it. That was the most
               helpless and hopeless feeling I ever had.
     Mr. LIEBELER. Well, you mentioned before there was an echo from the shots in the area.
     Mr. SMITH. Yes, sir.
     Mr. LIEBELER. After you heard the shots, you proceeded down along the bushes here
               between the street that runs in front of the Texas School Book Depository Building
               and Elm Street to approximately point 5, and then when you went down looking
               to the cars, you then had occasion to look up at the railroad tracks running over the
               triple underpass?
     Mr. SMITH. Yes, sir.

The witnesses Bowers, Holland, Dodd, Simmons, Oliver didn't really see anything.

They probably saw what Bowers said he saw. Some peculiar visual movement behind the retaining wall. Holland originally said" "But the puff of smoke I saw definitely came from behind the arcade through the trees." and testified:

Mr. HOLLAND - There was a shot, a report, I don't know whether it was a shot. I can't say
     that. And a puff of smoke came out about 6 or 8 feet above the ground right out from under
     those trees. And at just about this location from where I was standing you could see that 
     puff of smoke, like someone had thrown a firecracker, or something out."
     Mr. STERN - When you ran behind the picket fence after the shots were fired, did you
               come near the area where the station wagon was parked?
     Mr. HOLLAND - Went up to behind the arcade as far as you could go.
     Mr. STERN - So, you would have passed where this station wagon was?
     Mr. HOLLAND - Yes.

Holland thought it could have been a firecracker thrown out from the pergola, the first place he ran to after the shots.

Sitzman, who was in a position to see as she was a few feet from the fence corner, said the only unusual thing she saw happen in the area was a black couple running from there. She saw no gunman or gunsmoke, heard no gunshot, smelled no gunpowder.

Emmett J. Hudson, standing on the steps a few feet from the fence corner, was supposedly a few feet away and downwind from where the "smoke" was and he didn't observe or smell it. Nor heard it; he thought all the shots came from behind (to his left) the motorcade.

Mr. LIEBELER - But you are quite sure in your own mind that the shots came from the
               rear of the President's car and above it; is that correct?
     Mr. HUDSON - Yes.
     Mr. LIEBELER - Did you have any idea that they might have come from the Texas School
               Book Depository Building?
     Mr. HUDSON - Well, it sounded like it was high, you know, from above and kind of behind
               like - in other words, to the left.
     Mr. LIEBELER - And that would have fit in with the Texas School Book Depository, wouldn't it?
     Mr. HUDSON - Yes.

OK.I guess you want a 8X10 glossy of a rifleman behind the fence :-\

Well, that's lower than the standard of proof you kooks expect for a SN gunman. And then you would say it was a fake photo.

There were shells found at the SN and a rifle on the same floor; some witnesses saw a "pipe", rifle and a man with a rifle at the SN window. We have nothing like that for the grassy knoll "gunman". Even you think the Weigman film "smoke" is from a BBQ.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/sitzman.htm
"Supposed theory"... "Thousands" :D

So witness veracity depends on how they accommodate your bias.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 04:44:45 PM by Jerry Organ »