Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The girl in blue  (Read 2769 times)

Online Charles Collins

The girl in blue
« on: April 01, 2019, 03:53:38 PM »
Advertisement
Years ago there was a thread about the girl in blue that is visible in at least one film as the motorcade passed in front of the TSBD building. She was standing on top of the wall and waving at the President. She was identified and actually participated here on this forum and shared her experience with us. I was able to let her know that it appears LHO walked right by their car (which was parked on Elm) right about the time she indicated she and her mother walked back to their car to leave. So it was possible that they saw LHO leaving the scene and never knew it. And if I remember correctly, she was in the process of writing a book.

If anyone remembers her name or knows whether her book is available I sure would like to know. Thanks.

JFK Assassination Forum

The girl in blue
« on: April 01, 2019, 03:53:38 PM »

Offline Steve Logan

Re: The girl in blue
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 04:09:18 PM »
Years ago there was a thread about the girl in blue that is visible in at least one film as the motorcade passed in front of the TSBD building. She was standing on top of the wall and waving at the President. She was identified and actually participated here on this forum and shared her experience with us. I was able to let her know that it appears LHO walked right by their car (which was parked on Elm) right about the time she indicated she and her mother walked back to their car to leave. So it was possible that they saw LHO leaving the scene and never knew it. And if I remember correctly, she was in the process of writing a book.

If anyone remembers her name or knows whether her book is available I sure would like to know. Thanks.

Toni Glover

https://www.jfkassassinationgallery.com/thumbnails.php?album=123

https://www.mcall.com/news/nation-world/mc-girl-in-blue-remembers-jfk-assassination-20131118-story.html
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 04:12:43 PM by Steve Logan »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 04:13:39 PM »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 04:13:39 PM »

Offline Steve Logan

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 04:16:28 PM »
Thanks Steve, I was thinking to myself it might be Terri and the last name starts with a G.

Thumb1:

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 04:34:18 PM »
Toni Glover

https://www.jfkassassinationgallery.com/thumbnails.php?album=123

https://www.mcall.com/news/nation-world/mc-girl-in-blue-remembers-jfk-assassination-20131118-story.html

Very good article by mcall. 😎

Her memory of the sounds of the gunshots is better defined in that article than I remembered. I sometimes get emotional thinking about the tragedy. And that article definitely triggers the emotions.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 04:34:18 PM »

Offline Steve Logan

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 04:39:50 PM »
Very good article by mcall. 😎

Her memory of the sounds of the gunshots is better defined in that article than I remembered. I sometimes get emotional thinking about the tragedy. And that article definitely triggers the emotions.

I had a few conversations with her. I specifically wanted to know if she had a camera and she answered that she did not . Her description of the immediate aftermath of the head shot is quite graphic as one would expect.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 05:22:08 PM »
I had a few conversations with her. I specifically wanted to know if she had a camera and she answered that she did not . Her description of the immediate aftermath of the head shot is quite graphic as one would expect.

Yes, she is one of the best eyewitnesses I have encountered. I sure am glad that she decided to come forward and share her experience.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 05:22:08 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2019, 12:03:30 AM »
It appears to me that Toni Glover has not yet published her book. But she did participate in the oral history project at the sixth floor museum. Has anyone here checked her interview out? Please let us know. Thanks