Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The preponderance of the evidence  (Read 35944 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: The preponderance of the evidence
« Reply #256 on: April 07, 2019, 06:12:25 PM »
Advertisement
to what is a criminal case

There will never be a criminal case brought against LHO. Jack Ruby made sure of that.

As there never will be a criminal case, there will also never be a guilty verdict.

Claims that Oswald was somehow proven guilty nevertheless are obviously not accurate and should better not be repeated.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #256 on: April 07, 2019, 06:12:25 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #257 on: April 07, 2019, 06:21:24 PM »
The implication suggests that something sinister could have happened with this item. No credible evidence that it did happen. Are you claiming that something sinister DID happen?

I made no such claim. I am merely stating that the possibility that it did happen can not be ruled out.

In the WC case against Oswald there a plenty of claims for which there either is no credible evidence, or - even worse - credible evidence that does not support the claim is simply dismissed. Yet, you accept the case against Oswald. Why the double standard?

As to the item discussed, there also is no credible evidence that it didn't happen. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Given the multitude of instances where there has been questional handling of physical evidence, a circumstantial case of evidence manipulation can be made, but we have already established that you are not interested in that and just call it "conjecture and innuendo"
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 06:22:47 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #258 on: April 07, 2019, 06:23:56 PM »
As there never will be a criminal case, there will also never be a guilty verdict.

Claims that Oswald was somehow proven guilty nevertheless are obviously not accurate and should better not be repeated.

The WC conclusions are what we have. It is your prerogative to disagree with them. At one time I did also.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #258 on: April 07, 2019, 06:23:56 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #259 on: April 07, 2019, 06:31:39 PM »

The WC conclusions are what we have. It is your prerogative to disagree with them. At one time I did also.

The WC conclusions are merely an opinion. Their entire case is nothing more than a theory based on questionable evidence that was never challenged

The WCR failed completely to convince me that the conclusions were correct.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #260 on: April 07, 2019, 06:39:07 PM »
I made no such claim. I am merely stating that the possibility that it did happen can not be ruled out.

In the WC case against Oswald there a plenty of claims for which there either is no credible evidence, or - even worse - credible evidence that does not support the claim is simply dismissed. Yet, you accept the case against Oswald. Why the double standard?

As to the item discussed, there also is no credible evidence that it didn't happen. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Given the multitude of instances where there has been questional handling of physical evidence, a circumstantial case of evidence manipulation can be made, but we have already established that you are not interested in that and just call it "conjecture and innuendo"

So you are trying to get me to argue against some hypothetical sinister activity that you have no credible evidence of and don?t claim actually happened. And you wonder why I told you up front that I wasn?t interested in arguing the same old arguments that have been argued for over 55 years now.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #260 on: April 07, 2019, 06:39:07 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #261 on: April 07, 2019, 06:46:23 PM »
The WC conclusions are merely an opinion. Their entire case is nothing more than a theory based on questionable evidence that was never challenged

The WCR failed completely to convince me that the conclusions were correct.

It is fine to question the evidence. I have too.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #262 on: April 07, 2019, 06:50:45 PM »
We are discussing a lack of evidence of LHO being a patsy. Are you trying to change the subject?

A partial palm print that nobody knew about that just shows up a week later on an index card is evidence of framing.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #262 on: April 07, 2019, 06:50:45 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #263 on: April 07, 2019, 06:51:22 PM »
Does your invisible dragon help you with your invisible evidence?

Says the guy who believes in invisible ?irregularities?.