Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The preponderance of the evidence  (Read 35957 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: The preponderance of the evidence
« Reply #144 on: April 03, 2019, 09:18:59 PM »
Advertisement
Cite your 'according-to' reports

Other 'according-to' reports have Oswald telling interrogators (regarding his job search in Dallas) that they are welcome to check out those locations in said job search. That sets a precedent in Oswald's willingness/unwillingness to volunteer information, true or otherwise.

Another 'according-to' reports that Oswald refused to enlighten interrogators as to the actual Fort Worth location purchase, IMS.

An innocent man in Oswald's position would more-than-likely show no little eagerness in giving complete information regarding a firearm suspected of being used in a murder.

http://www.maebrussell.com/Mae%20Brussell%20Articles/Last%20Words%20of%20Lee%20Oswald.html

So, you rely on a website that is presenting a possible scenario of what Oswald could have said without actually knowing with any kind of certainty that these words were actually spoken by him. Sorry, not worth my time

Fritz reported that Oswald told him he bought his revolver in Fort Worth.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #144 on: April 03, 2019, 09:18:59 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #145 on: April 03, 2019, 09:25:14 PM »
So, you rely on a website that is presenting a possible scenario of what Oswald could have said without actually knowing with any kind of certainty that these words were actually spoken by him. Sorry, not worth my time

Of course he's relying on that.

There's nothing in Fritz's report that says that Oswald refused to tell him where he purchased a revolver.

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #146 on: April 03, 2019, 10:07:20 PM »
The questions you asked have been argued here and elsewhere so many times before. I indicated I didn?t want to go there again.

But don't you have to explain why you believe all the arguments lead to a preponderance of the evidence?  Otherwise, who gives a rat's arse what your gut tells you?

My question was trying to find out if there is a way to examine the evidence that I am unaware of.

Like all LNers, your problem is you don't know how to evaluate evidence to reach a logical conclusion. Critical thinking is something you must learn before you debate or you wind up looking like Chapman the Clown who is bereft of critical thinking skills and toes the LNer party line with ad homs, obfuscation and denial. Is this the club you want to join?

Besides, CTs don't have to prove Oswald was innocent or a patsy. Like the WC, LNers have to provide conclusive evidence that Oswald was a lone nut assassin and not part of a conspiracy. You would think after 56 years at least 1 of you would have come up with something definitive by now. You LNers don't understand that Oswald wasn't a lone nut by default. Your circumstantial evidence doesn't even meet the legal criteria for proof let alone a logical proof. You have set the bar impossibly high for yourselves by insisting that Oswald was a lone nut killer and not a patsy. Too bad for you that every single piece of evidence in the JFK assassination fits a coup d'etat with Oswald as the designated patsy. It all fits together like a glove (not OJ's), the LNer hypothesis, not so much.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 10:17:49 PM by Jack Trojan »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #146 on: April 03, 2019, 10:07:20 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #147 on: April 03, 2019, 11:13:48 PM »
But don't you have to explain why you believe all the arguments lead to a preponderance of the evidence?  Otherwise, who gives a rat's arse what your gut tells you?

Like all LNers, your problem is you don't know how to evaluate evidence to reach a logical conclusion. Critical thinking is something you must learn before you debate or you wind up looking like Chapman the Clown who is bereft of critical thinking skills and toes the LNer party line with ad homs, obfuscation and denial. Is this the club you want to join?

Besides, CTs don't have to prove Oswald was innocent or a patsy. Like the WC, LNers have to provide conclusive evidence that Oswald was a lone nut assassin and not part of a conspiracy. You would think after 56 years at least 1 of you would have come up with something definitive by now. You LNers don't understand that Oswald wasn't a lone nut by default. Your circumstantial evidence doesn't even meet the legal criteria for proof let alone a logical proof. You have set the bar impossibly high for yourselves by insisting that Oswald was a lone nut killer and not a patsy. Too bad for you that every single piece of evidence in the JFK assassination fits a coup d'etat with Oswald as the designated patsy. It all fits together like a glove (not OJ's), the LNer hypothesis, not so much.

You might want to look up the meaning of the word preponderance. Your not making sense.

And please let us know exactly what the legal criteria for proof is.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #148 on: April 03, 2019, 11:34:02 PM »
You might want to look up the meaning of the word preponderance. Your not making sense.

If you pile one piece of crap onto another piece of crap, you will ultimately end up with a preponderance of crap.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #148 on: April 03, 2019, 11:34:02 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #149 on: April 03, 2019, 11:55:44 PM »
If you pile one piece of crap onto another piece of crap, you will ultimately end up with a preponderance of crap.

How many pieces of crap did you have to examine to figure that one out? I know that you like to examine the actual evidence.

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #150 on: April 04, 2019, 12:10:42 AM »

You didn't know the ramifications of the word "preponderance" when you started this thread, did you?  A preponderance is based on the more convincing evidence and its probable truth or accuracy, and not on the amount of evidence. But how can you establish the preponderance if you can't evaluate the evidence critically?

Preponderance of the evidence is one type of evidentiary standard used in a burden of proof analysis. Under the preponderance standard, the burden of proof is met when the party with the burden convinces the fact finder that there is a greater than 50% chance that the claim is true. This is the burden of proof in a civil trial. Beyond a reasonable doubt is another matter.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 12:34:07 AM by Jack Trojan »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #150 on: April 04, 2019, 12:10:42 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #151 on: April 04, 2019, 12:24:32 AM »
How many pieces of crap did you have to examine to figure that one out? I know that you like to examine the actual evidence.

What makes you even think I had to examine even one piece of crap to figure that out?

And please tell how in the world you think you know what I like?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 12:28:33 AM by Martin Weidmann »