Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The preponderance of the evidence  (Read 35935 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: The preponderance of the evidence
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2019, 09:02:24 PM »
Advertisement
No the landlady obviously did it. Not the butler.

I'll take that as a "no".

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2019, 09:02:24 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2019, 09:17:17 PM »

Mr Collins doesn't like evidence that is contrary to the fairy tale that he embraces......

It's obvious that it was NOT  Lee Oswald who was prevaricating ....but it was Will Fritz who was lying. 

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2019, 09:17:45 PM »
Mr. BALL. Did he tell you what his name was?
Mrs. JOHNSON. O.H. L-e-e [spelling].
Mr. BALL. Did he sign anything with that name?
Mrs. JOHNSON. Yes, sir; I have it in my purse.
Mr. BALL. May I see it?
Mrs. JOHNSON. I will be glad to--I don't want you to keep it. I want you to--I brought it for your information. I knew you was going to ask that.
Mr. BALL. Now, is this in his handwriting?
Mrs. JOHNSON. This "O. H. Lee" is in his handwriting and this other is in the housekeeper's handwriting--Mrs. Roberts.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2019, 09:17:45 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #99 on: April 02, 2019, 09:20:48 PM »
Oh, so you think his name really was O.H. Lee? And that he didn?t lie to his landlady about his name?

First of all, you don't know what I think, so stop assuming that you do. I'm supposed to be the one who jumps to conclusions, remember?

Secondly, you claimed LHO was a habitual liar. Even if he gave his name to his landlady as O.H. Lee, how in the world does that make him a habitual liar?
You are rushing to judgement based upon a single story that was told by Earlene Roberts who herself was described as (and I paraphrase) a known liar by her employer!

So much for looking at the evidence with an open mind!

Offline Rob Caprio

« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2019, 09:35:41 PM »
You apparently don?t have an open mind. Nothing that I could say is likely to alter your closed and made up opinion. I respect your opinion but disagree.

LNers always say this because they have no supporting evidence. For if they did have it then it wouldn't matter if us CTers accepted it or not.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 09:36:39 PM by Rob Caprio »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #100 on: April 02, 2019, 09:35:41 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2019, 09:36:51 PM »
First of all, you don't know what I think, so stop assuming that you do. I'm supposed to be the one who jumps to conclusions, remember?

Secondly, you claimed LHO was a habitual liar. Even if he gave his name to his landlady as O.H. Lee, how in the world does that make him a habitual liar?
You are rushing to judgement based upon a single story that was told by Earlene Roberts who herself was described as (and I paraphrase) a known liar by her employer!

So much for looking at the evidence with an open mind!

You questioned my statement and I backed it up with credible evidence. Not only did he lie to the landlady, he lied to Fritz about his lie. You can choose to believe otherwise. I really don?t care.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #102 on: April 02, 2019, 09:37:25 PM »
Mr. BALL. May I see it?
Mrs. JOHNSON. I will be glad to--I don't want you to keep it. I want you to--I brought it for your information. I knew you was going to ask that.
Mrs. JOHNSON. This "O. H. Lee" is in his handwriting and this other is in the housekeeper's handwriting--Mrs. Roberts.

There's no argument about the name by which Lee was registered at the rooming house.....  We have a he said ...she said situation....   Neither you nor I can know exactly how Lee Oswald came to be registered as Mr O.H.Lee, at the rooming house but that's not the point....  You stated that Lee lied about how he came to be registered and boldly stayed that he was a liar.   I've pointed out that Lee clearly told the police that he was registered as OH. Lee at the rooming house at 1026 N Beckley...
The police were questioning him and he told them the truth....Mrs Roberts was of no consequence at the time that he registered....And I'm sure you know that it's very common for folks to register under a alias when they check in at a motel, or hotel....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #102 on: April 02, 2019, 09:37:25 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #103 on: April 02, 2019, 09:38:11 PM »
Mr. BALL. May I see it?

yeah.....no.

- Does that look like any of the other purported handwriting of Oswald?

- This is supposed to be a "register"?  It looks like somebody keeping track of rent payments.

- Why in the world would this be stamped "top secret"?