Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: The preponderance of the evidence  (Read 8274 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: The preponderance of the evidence
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2019, 11:04:40 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
What I am saying is that unless one approaches the controversy with a truly open mind, one is cheating himself out of an honest opinion. If you truly believe that you have not cheated yourself in this way, then I respect your opinion. I hope that makes sense to you.

unless one approaches the controversy with a truly open mind, one is cheating himself out of an honest opinion. If you truly believe that you have not cheated yourself in this way, then I respect your opinion.

Actually, you have no respect for any opinion that differs from yours as you assume to begin with that people with a different opinion have in fact cheated themselves because they have not approached the case "with a truly open mind".

This, and your blatant unwillingness to even discuss and/or defend the evidence, ensures that you come across as a pretty arrogant person who believes he already has all the right answers and anybody who disagrees with you is wrong. It's pathetic!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 11:08:53 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2019, 11:04:40 PM »

Offline Charles Collins

« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2019, 11:05:50 PM »
By the official report, do you mean the WC report? HA! What about the HSCA report?

What about it? You tell me.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2019, 11:07:28 PM »
HSCA reached the same conclusion as the WR. Oswald was the shooter. They did speak of a ?probable? conspiracy which they, not unlike the conspiracy movement of the past 56 years could not prove. Nor will you ever.  So, where does this leave you?

The mere fact that a conspiracy can't be proven, doesn't mean there wasn't one. It even could have been one involving Oswald. What makes it so important to you that Oswald is seen (and portrayed in history) as the lone gunman?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2019, 11:07:28 PM »

Offline Charles Collins

« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2019, 11:09:48 PM »
unless one approaches the controversy with a truly open mind, one is cheating himself out of an honest opinion. If you truly believe that you have not cheated yourself in this way, then I respect your opinion.

Actually, you have no respect for any opinion that differs from yours as you assume to begin with that people with a different opinion have in fact cheated themselves because they have not approached the case "with a truly open mind".

This, and your blatant unwillingness to even discuss and/or defend the evidence, ensures that you come across as a pretty arrongant person who believes he already has all the right answers and anybody who disagrees with you is wrong. It's pathetic!

That is NOT what I said.

Offline Paul May

« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2019, 11:13:49 PM »

The mere fact that a conspiracy can't be proven, doesn't mean there wasn't one. It even could have been one involving Oswald. What makes it so important to you that Oswald is seen (and portrayed in history) as the lone gunman?

I don?t disagree. I?ve said often a conspiracy cannot be ruled out with 100% certainly.  Nor, can the FACT Oswald was the shooter.  There is a very small chance a conspiracy occurred, hence the difficulty in proving one. Same for Oswald.  Every piece of evidence points to Oswald pulling the trigger. NO patsy proof exists.  Yet you people still suck it up.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2019, 11:13:49 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2019, 11:14:35 PM »
That is NOT what I said.

True, but that's how it comes across

Offline Charles Collins

« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2019, 11:17:07 PM »
I see no reason to engage you in your quest to discredit each piece of evidence.

With such unwillingness to discuss the evidence, what exactly was the purpose of you joining this forum?

I joined many years ago to learn more about the assassination. And I have and hope to learn more. I simply don?t believe that repeating the same old arguments that I have seen many times is going to accomplish that.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2019, 11:17:07 PM »

Offline Charles Collins

« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2019, 11:20:41 PM »
True, but that's how it comes across

If that is the case, then it is unintentional.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2019, 11:20:41 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2019, 11:22:39 PM »
I don?t disagree. I?ve said often a conspiracy cannot be ruled out with 100% certainly.  Nor, can the FACT Oswald was the shooter.  There is a very small chance a conspiracy occurred, hence the difficulty in proving one. Same for Oswald.  Every piece of evidence points to Oswald pulling the trigger. NO patsy proof exists.  Yet you people still suck it up.

NO patsy proof exists.  Yet you people still suck it up.

And that's where you go wrong at least as far as I am concerned (I don't really know who "you people" are). I don't care about Oswald either way. The man has been dead for 5 decades and I have always left open the possibility that he was indeed the lone gunman. The problem is that the "evidence" presented by the WC is too weak and way too speculative to prove that. Show me evidence, without speculation and assumptions, that Oswald did it and he acted alone and I will gladly accept that, but don't ask to to so on pure faith just because some Commission said so and another one basically agreed with it. There is too much politics involved in the findings of those entities.

Every piece of evidence points to Oswald pulling the trigger.

That's a bold statement. Where can I find that evidence?

Offline Paul May

« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2019, 11:23:09 PM »
I joined many years ago to learn more about the assassination. And I have and hope to learn more. I simply don?t believe that repeating the same old arguments that I have seen many times is going to accomplish that.

Charles, quite candidly, there is nothing more to learn. NARA has released 99% of the files and if you believe you can learn learn one damn thing from a CT, you?re dreaming.  What you will learn is the Truthers will only continue discussing the same BS day after day. Year after year. Very few have even read the WR.  They?re here seeking confirmation bias and little else. Good luck.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2019, 11:23:09 PM »

Mobile View