Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The preponderance of the evidence  (Read 35932 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: The preponderance of the evidence
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2019, 08:43:23 PM »
Advertisement
Agreed. However, this event will likely remain controversial forever.

Especially if these characters breed
Looks like Oswald got his wish to be a somebody and be remembered for 10,000 years

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2019, 08:43:23 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2019, 08:47:44 PM »
As far as I can tell, the only direct evidence that Oswald was in the 6th floor TSBD window at 12:30 with a rifle was testimony from Howard Brennan who initially failed to identify him in a police lineup (even after seeing Oswald's picture on television).  A guy who claimed to see a gunman in position for the head shot (which necessarily would be crouching behind boxes) "from the belt up", and who gave a description that was the wrong weight, wrong age, wrong height, and wrong clothing description for it to be Oswald.

Circumstantial evidence

1. Frazier saw Oswald carrying a bag that was too short to have contained the alleged murder weapon, and a bag that Frazier said was not the same bag was allegedly found near the window the shots were allegedly fired from, but doesn't appear in any crime scene photographs.

2. The bag that was allegedly found (and showed no evidence of ever having contained a rifle) supposedly had two prints on it belonging to Oswald, but the testing process destroyed the prints.

3. Backyard photos exist that were allegedly taken 8 months earlier showing Oswald holding a rifle that may or may not be the rifle found on the sixth floor.

4. Marina peered in the end of a rolled up and tied blanket in the Paine's garage about 6 weeks earlier and saw a portion of what she took to be a rifle.

5. Oswald left work after the assassination, which some would like to think was a "consciousness of guilt", even though other employees were either dismissed or told not to re-enter the building.

6. Unscientific and biased handwriting "analysis" of 2 block letters on a photo of a microfilm copy (from microfilm that is now "missing") of a 2-inch order blank concluded that the handwriting on a Klein's order blank ordering a similar but not identical rifle was that of Oswald's.

7. That order blank showed an address of a PO box that Oswald had access to, but there is no record of such a Klein's package being mailed, delivered, picked up, or signed for by Oswald or anyone else.

8. Fibers that may or may not have come from the shirt Oswald was arrested in were found in the butt of the rifle allegedly found on the 6th floor.

9. After the FBI found no identifiable prints on the rifle allegedly found on the 6th floor, an index card showed up a week later with a partial palmprint identified as Oswald's and claimed to have been lifted from the rifle on the night of the assassination, but not turned over to the FBI with the other evidence or even mentioned to the FBI agent who received the evidence.

10. Oswald's prints were found on book boxes on the sixth floor, which is not that remarkable considering his job was getting books out of boxes.

Your turn.  What evidence convinces you?

I have seen all those arguments before. Even together they do not carry enough weight to convince me that the corresponding evidence isn't valid.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2019, 09:04:24 PM »
Charles, I?ve asked this question of the truthers for some 50 years.  They NEVER answer.  They can?t. Not one piece of hard, credible evidence for conspiracy exists.  They don?t care.  They each have their pet theory.  The best arguments are between the kooks themselves. Yet, history should be debated, not argued. They cannot debate it.  They have no evidence.

I've asked several times for someone to prove that anyone else but the shooter (including their shooter) knew there was to be an attempt made on Kennedy that day.

None so far. Too soon I guess.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2019, 09:04:24 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2019, 09:34:38 PM »
I have seen all those arguments before. Even together they do not carry enough weight to convince me that the corresponding evidence isn't valid.

So you're not going to bother specifying what evidence convinces you that Oswald did it and why.  That's what I figured.  You're just convinced.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2019, 09:43:33 PM »
I've asked several times for someone to prove that anyone else but the shooter (including their shooter) knew there was to be an attempt made on Kennedy that day.

None so far. Too soon I guess.

...which is equal to the number of times you've justified your position that Oswald probably did it.

On the other hand, there is some evidence of foreknowledge of the assassination via Rose Cherami, Joseph Milteer, Eugene Dinkin, Homer Echevarria, and Richard Case Nagell.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2019, 09:43:33 PM »

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2019, 10:26:43 PM »
People have been trying to poke holes in the evidence for well over 50-years. I haven't seen any convincing arguments or evidence to the contrary. Especially when considering both sides of the controversy with an open mind.

Poke holes in what evidence? You seem to think that unless we can prove Oswald's innocence, the default position is that he was a lone nut. Sorry but critical thinking has no default position and the onus is on you to prove he was a lone nut and not a patsy. Instead you LNers resort to pseudo-skepticism, because your so called evidence does not rise to the level of proof and your arguments are not logically sound. More holes than swiss cheese.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 10:33:56 PM by Jack Trojan »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2019, 10:30:12 PM »
Hi Alan, thanks for the compliments. Hope that makes as much sense to you as your post does to me.

:D

Here's a dumbed-down version for you, Mr Collins:
Stop boasting about your gullibility!  Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2019, 10:30:12 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2019, 10:36:49 PM »
So you're not going to bother specifying what evidence convinces you that Oswald did it and why.  That's what I figured.  You're just convinced.

The preponderance of the evidence points to Mr Collins' not wishing to get drawn into awkwardly detailed discussion about the case. It would only expose the double standard of 'credibility' he applies to evidence!