Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The woman in the Southwestern Publishing Co. office  (Read 3645 times)

Offline Alan Ford

The woman in the Southwestern Publishing Co. office
« on: March 28, 2019, 02:23:38 AM »
Advertisement
Friends, Ms Geneva L. Hine testified that
------------immediately after the shooting-------------
she ran from the 2nd fl east window she'd watched the motorcade from and tried the door to the Lyons & Carnahan office, which faced out onto Elm St. It was locked.

Then:

Miss HINE. I retraced my steps back to where the hall turns to my left and went down it to Southwestern Publishing Co.'s door and I tried their door and the reason for this was because those windows face out.
Mr. BALL. On to Elm?
Miss HINE. Yes; and on to the triple underpass.
Mr. BALL. I See.
Miss HINE. And there was a girl in there talking on the telephone and I could hear her but she didn't answer the door.
Mr. BALL. Was the door locked?
Miss HINE. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. That was which company?
Miss HINE. Southwestern Publishing Co.
Mr. BALL. Did you call to her?
Miss HINE. I called and called and shook the door and she didn't answer me because she was talking on the telephone; I could hear her. They have a little curtain up and I could see her form through the curtains. I could see her talking and I knew that's what she was doing and then I turned and went through the back hall and came through the back door.
Mr. BALL. Of your office, the second floor office?
Miss HINE. Yes.

Who was the lady behind the door?

I can find only one candidate......

Thumb1:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 02:29:46 AM by Alan Ford »

JFK Assassination Forum

The woman in the Southwestern Publishing Co. office
« on: March 28, 2019, 02:23:38 AM »

Offline Zeon Mason

Re: The woman in the Southwestern Publishing Co. office
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 03:11:26 AM »
Why was Geneva Hine trying to get into any of the office doors along the hallway?

Answer: She wanted to get to a South side window ASAP to see what was going on outside in Dealey Plaza.

Failing in her efforts at both doors she knocked on, it is a reasonable probability that Geneva Hine then went to the next best alternative South side window: in the Womens bathroom at the corner side of the TSBD, where she would have had a perspective to have seen the Newmans on the GK and other persons, who were laying on the ground.

Its doubtful she could have seen those people from the West side window of that 2nd floor office.

If my hypothetical is correct, then Geneva Hine might have been in the Womens bathroom as early as 45 seconds post shots, and stayed there for up to 2 more minutes. If so, she would have missed Oswald exiting the 2nd floor office at either 2 min 30 sec or at 60 sec, depending on if Mrs Reid got up to the 2nd floor office as early as 50 sec post shots, which is possible, although currently not probable, unless the Couch film location of Mrs Reid as the "white scarf heavy set woman" is not Mrs Reid.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 03:13:12 AM by Zeon Mason »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 11:53:51 AM »
Why was Geneva Hine trying to get into any of the office doors along the hallway?

Answer: She wanted to get to a South side window ASAP to see what was going on outside in Dealey Plaza.

Failing in her efforts at both doors she knocked on, it is a reasonable probability that Geneva Hine then went to the next best alternative South side window: in the Womens bathroom at the corner side of the TSBD, where she would have had a perspective to have seen the Newmans on the GK and other persons, who were laying on the ground.

Its doubtful she could have seen those people from the West side window of that 2nd floor office.

If my hypothetical is correct, then Geneva Hine might have been in the Womens bathroom as early as 45 seconds post shots, and stayed there for up to 2 more minutes. If so, she would have missed Oswald exiting the 2nd floor office at either 2 min 30 sec or at 60 sec, depending on if Mrs Reid got up to the 2nd floor office as early as 50 sec post shots, which is possible, although currently not probable, unless the Couch film location of Mrs Reid as the "white scarf heavy set woman" is not Mrs Reid.

Except--------you just made this up because you wish to reconcile the conflicting testimony of Ms Hine and Ms Reid!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 11:53:51 AM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 10:37:52 AM »
Friends, Ms Geneva L. Hine testified that
------------immediately after the shooting-------------
she ran from the 2nd fl east window she'd watched the motorcade from and tried the door to the Lyons & Carnahan office, which faced out onto Elm St. It was locked.
Mr. BALL. I See.
Miss HINE. And there was a girl in there talking on the telephone and I could hear her but she didn't answer the door.
Mr. BALL. Was the door locked?
Miss HINE. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. That was which company?
Miss HINE. Southwestern Publishing Co.
Mr. BALL. Did you call to her?
Miss HINE. I called and called and shook the door and she didn't answer me because she was talking on the telephone; I could hear her. They have a little curtain up and I could see her form through the curtains. I could see her talking and I knew that's what she was doing and then I turned and went through the back hall and came through the back door.
Mr. BALL. Of your office, the second floor office?
Miss HINE. Yes.[/i]

Who was the lady behind the door?

I can find only one candidate......

Sorry........
I spent a lot of time tracking down the woman talking on the phone in the SW Publishing locked office described
by Geneva Hine.....

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=11104&relPageId=47&search=hughes_and%20"march%2020"

Born Ann Carol Lannom, after divorcing John Leroy Hughes, Carol married Norman D Patterson twice...

Her husband (John Leroy Hughes 1943-2010) at that time was nearly still a teen who recently fathered her baby....
The record indicates both John and his son, Steven were born on January 8, exactly 20 years apart.
https://www.familysearch.org/search/record/results?...
And... http://www.tributes.com/obituary/show/John-Leroy-Hughes-88075620

Name:   Steven Wayne Hughes
Event Type:   Birth
Event Date:   08 Jan 1963
Event Place:   Dallas, Texas

Name:   Norman D Patterson
Birth Year:   abt 1940
Marriage Date:   17 Jun 1982 link: http://marriagesintexas.com/1982/096411.html
Marriage Place:   Dallas, Texas, USA
Spouse:   Ann C Lannom
Spouse Gender:   Female
Spouse Age:   45

Divorce Age:   47
Birth Year:   1939
Marriage Date:   16 Aug 1983
Divorce Date:   20 Nov 1986
Divorce Place:   Dallas, Texas, USA
Spouse:   Carol A Patterson
Number of Children:   0
Birth Year:   abt 1940
Marriage Date:   15 Jun 1996
Marriage Place:   Travis, Texas , USA
Spouse:   Carol H Lannom
Spouse Gender:   Female
Spouse Age:   59
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 11:03:52 AM by Tom Scully »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 10:53:56 AM »
Sorry........
I spent a lot of time tracking down the woman talking on the phone in the SW Publishing locked office described
by Geneva Hine.....

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=11104&relPageId=47&search=hughes_and%20"march%2020"

I take off my hat to you on this, Mr Scully--and withdraw my point!  Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 10:53:56 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2019, 01:57:42 PM »
I take off my hat to you on this, Mr Scully--and withdraw my point!  Thumb1:

So it was Carol Hughes and NOT Sarah Stanton who Mrs Hines said that she heard talking in room 203 of the TSBD .......  That's a little odd because Mrs Hughes didn't tell the FBI that she was talking to anybody at that time .... She said she was looking out of the window at the passing parade...

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2019, 02:48:18 PM »
So Stanton is yet another person who entered the TSBD and took the elevator with no issue at the time some CTers allege the power was out. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2019, 02:48:18 PM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2019, 05:16:45 AM »
Sorry........
by Geneva Hine.....

Born Ann Carol Lannom, after divorcing John Leroy Hughes, Carol married Norman D Patterson twice...

Her husband (John Leroy Hughes 1943-2010) at that time was nearly still a teen who recently fathered her baby....
The record indicates both John and his son, Steven were born on January 8, exactly 20 years apart.
And... http://www.tributes.com/obituary/show/John-Leroy-Hughes-88075620

Excellent effort Tom!! Thank you.....appreciated.