Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Two ways on how NOT to frame Oswald  (Read 13723 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Two ways on how NOT to frame Oswald
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2019, 01:13:02 AM »
Advertisement
Where the rifle lay on the floor appears to be in the 15 to 15 1/2 foot range.

Yes you're right....And thank you for being honest.   Studebaker said the rifle was 15 feet 4 inches from the north wall....

If you look closely you'll notice that Studebaker wrote the word "Gun" twice....and one of the inscriptions is not very visible.   and it is in a slightly different spot than the more legible "Gun"...  The less visible "Gun" seems to be a bit further from the north wall than 15 feet 4 inches.

Bottom line:.... Lee Oswald DID NOT dash by this site and hastily dump a rifle .......The rifle could not have been hidden beneath that wooden pallet after the shooting and before Officer Marrion Baker and Roy truly arrived on the sixth floor.... That rifle was already hidden there BEFORE the shooting....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2019, 01:13:02 AM »

Offline Zeon Mason

« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2019, 05:38:04 AM »
Mr. WEITZMAN - After that, we entered the building and started to search floor to floor and we started on the first floor, second floor, third floor and on up, when we got up to the fifth or sixth floor, I forget, I believe it was the sixth floor, the chief deputy or whoever was in charge of the floor, I forget the officer's name, from the sheriff's office, said he wanted that floor torn apart. He wanted that gun and it was there somewhere, so myself and another officer from the sheriff's department, I can't remember his name, he and I proceeded until we----
Mr. BALL - Was his name Boone?
Mr. WEITZMAN - That is correct, Boone and I, and as he was looking over the rear section of the building, I would say the northwest corner, I was on the floor looking under the flat at the same time he was looking on the top side and we saw the gun, I would say, simultaneously and I said, "There it is" and he started hollering, "We got it." It was covered with boxes. It was well protected as far as the naked eye because I would venture to say eight or nine of us stumbled over that gun a couple times before we thoroughly searched the building.

Imo, this statement from Weitzman implies  he was looking THROUGH the open space under the pallet of boxes ("the flat"), and that's why he saw the rifle on the floor on the south side of row of boxes  that Boone was leaning over, hence both of them seeing the rifle about the same time.

Apparently some 8 or 9 people passed by that gap between the pallet of boxes and the wall of boxes closest to the staircase, and did not see the rifle. Weitzman suggests it was "covered with boxes" and was "well protected"

« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 05:53:21 AM by Zeon Mason »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2019, 03:07:26 PM »
Mr. WEITZMAN - After that, we entered the building and started to search floor to floor and we started on the first floor, second floor, third floor and on up, when we got up to the fifth or sixth floor, I forget, I believe it was the sixth floor, the chief deputy or whoever was in charge of the floor, I forget the officer's name, from the sheriff's office, said he wanted that floor torn apart. He wanted that gun and it was there somewhere,

...and how exactly did he know that a gun was there somewhere?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2019, 03:07:26 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2019, 03:19:10 PM »
Mr. WEITZMAN - After that, we entered the building and started to search floor to floor and we started on the first floor, second floor, third floor and on up, when we got up to the fifth or sixth floor, I forget, I believe it was the sixth floor, the chief deputy or whoever was in charge of the floor, I forget the officer's name, from the sheriff's office, said he wanted that floor torn apart. He wanted that gun and it was there somewhere, so myself and another officer from the sheriff's department, I can't remember his name, he and I proceeded until we----
Mr. WEITZMAN - That is correct, Boone and I, and as he was looking over the rear section of the building, I would say the northwest corner, I was on the floor looking under the flat at the same time he was looking on the top side and we saw the gun, I would say, simultaneously and I said, "There it is" and he started hollering, "We got it." It was covered with boxes. It was well protected as far as the naked eye because I would venture to say eight or nine of us stumbled over that gun a couple times before we thoroughly searched the building.

Imo, this statement from Weitzman implies  he was looking THROUGH the open space under the pallet of boxes ("the flat"), and that's why he saw the rifle on the floor on the south side of row of boxes  that Boone was leaning over, hence both of them seeing the rifle about the same time.

Apparently some 8 or 9 people passed by that gap between the pallet of boxes and the wall of boxes closest to the staircase, and did not see the rifle. Weitzman suggests it was "covered with boxes" and was "well protected"

I was on the floor looking under the flat at the same time he was looking on the top side and we saw the gun,

I believe that Weitzman was the first to spot the carcano....Boone may have missed it if he hadn't been alerted by Weitzman   At any rate Boone moved a box that was formed the roof over the crevasse in which the rifle lay beneath the north edge of the pallet of boxes of books.
Boone shined his flashlight down into the dark crevasse and spotted a tiny portion of the butt of the carcano which was lying on the floor.   

I believe that Weitzman saw the rifle first.....But that's no big deal.... However I think you should know that Boone was facing east when he moved the box that covered the crevasse...not south....  He had just squeezed between the west wall and a row of east / west boxes ( with a bright sunshiny window behind him) when he shined his light down into the crevasse.....
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 03:28:47 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2019, 03:24:45 PM »
...and how exactly did he know that a gun was there somewhere?

I've asked that same question....  Somewhere I've read that it was Captain fritz who was in charge of the search....And it was Fritz who would not allow the searchers to give up searching the sixth floor.....Fritz insisted that the rifle had to be there ...and ordered the officers to keep looking.

Tom Alyea sheds some light on this....  He said that some officers had gone to other floors but were called back to continue searching the sixth floor.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2019, 03:24:45 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2019, 05:57:53 PM »

Question:...  If the rifle had been discovered about 14 feet from the north wall and jammed between boxes of books, as depicted by the official in situ photo ....

Would Deputy Boone have needed a powerful flashlight to see it?    

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2019, 10:20:11 PM »
Question:...  If the rifle had been discovered about 14 feet from the north wall and jammed between boxes of books, as depicted by the official in situ photo ....

Would Deputy Boone have needed a powerful flashlight to see it?   

he ( Fritz) wanted that floor torn apart. He wanted that gun and it was there somewhere, so myself and another officer from the sheriff's department, ( Boone) I can't remember his name, he and I proceeded until we----

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2019, 10:20:11 PM »

Offline Zeon Mason

« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2019, 04:33:40 AM »
Not sure the rifle was under the palette and then moved from there and placed scope side up, but if so, that could explain Wietzman having serous depression problem later in his life. Its seems strange to me that Wietzman would have serious depression problem just for making an honest mistake  misidentifying the MC rifle as a Mauser. So I have to suspect something else was bothering him worse than that.

They admitted that some of the boxes were moved to make it easier for Alyea to film and for the photo of the MC rifle laying on the floor, so I have to wonder if "moving some" means actually "unstacking the 2nd parallel row of boxes"

The width of the gap required, between 2 parallel walls of fairly heavy boxes,  to make it easy for an MC rifle wooden stock with an OFFSET left scope, to slide down all the way to the floor just from gravity, is how wide?

Then there is the wiping the stock, scope, trigger, clean of any prints, and also gripping the rifle by the scope probably with a rag or his shirt, so not to leave print on the scope, while the gunman or MC rifle 'holder" is trying to get it in that gap and if it has to be pushed down or slides on it on?

This seems to me like it would take longer time than just 3 seconds like the Beyond Conspriacy video showing a guy just placing a rifle in a BIG GAP of about 6 inches between just 2 single boxes laying on the floor :D