Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why do some people believe in conspiracy theories?  (Read 28606 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: Why do some people believe in conspiracy theories?
« Reply #120 on: March 28, 2019, 10:56:38 PM »
Advertisement
It seems to me you would do a great many people a big favor by only using expressions you actually understand and know how to apply correctly. Nobody is trying to confuse you or change your mind. You are merely confronted with a factual statement over which for some unexplicable reason you get all defensive about.

Pure gaslighting
>>> you would do a great many people a big favor
>>> for some unexplicable reason you get all defensive about.
>>> only using expressions you actually understand and know how to apply correctly
>>> Nobody is trying to confuse you or change your mind

No, I asked you to name one that "could not be dismissed" (your words!).... What Stombaugh said about some fibers does not qualify for that category
>>> According to you. Pretty sure they would be included in the shirts that would have similar fiber characteristics.

Wrong again. I am asking for answers and at least halfway sound explanations from people like you who believe and defend the WC fairytale. That's not "just asking questions" as it serves the purpose of better understanding what it is that you and your ilk are actually saying. But that seems to scare the living daylights out of you!

Pure gaslighting:
>>> from people like you who believe and defend the WC fairytale
>>> But that seems to scare the living daylights out of you

Pure BS... that's a valid question for which you have no answer. That's why you dismiss it as "JAQing". In other words, you're trying to take the easy way out as most cowards usually do.
>>> Nonsense. I answered that question. You must be claiming that Oswald wasn't a fugitive. Or that he wasn't seen at the Tippit scene. Hang on to that gem as you wish. I'll go with the Tippit witnesses. And not be at all surprised that Oswald-as-fugitive would become somewhat more interested in keeping out-of-sight, rather than stop-watching his movements along-the-way to his destiny.

We have already established that you have no clue about what "projecting" is. We can now safely add that you also do not understand the concept of "gaslighting".

You must be claiming that Oswald wasn't a fugitive. Or that he wasn't seen at the Tippit scene.

Pure strawman?. why "must" I be claiming that?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #120 on: March 28, 2019, 10:56:38 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #121 on: March 30, 2019, 05:53:19 AM »
We have already established that you have no clue about what "projecting" is. We can now safely add that you also do not understand the concept of "gaslighting".

Seriously Chapman, stop using terms you don?t understand. It just makes you look more foolish.

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #122 on: April 01, 2019, 05:23:12 AM »
Seems like some people don't even know what a conspiracy theory is.

https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,1848.0.html

I'm sure we would all agree it makes no sense to parrot nonsense.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #122 on: April 01, 2019, 05:23:12 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #123 on: April 01, 2019, 11:20:23 PM »
Seriously Chapman, stop using terms you don?t understand. It just makes you look more foolish.

WOW... yet again with the gaslighting

Gaslighting is a form of psychological manipulation that seeks to sow seeds of doubt in a targeted individual or in members of a targeted group, making them question their own memory, perception, and sanity. Using persistent denial, misdirection, contradiction, and lying, it attempts to destabilize the victim and delegitimize the victim's belief.[1][2]

Cite: Wikipedia

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #124 on: April 01, 2019, 11:37:11 PM »

Gaslighting is a form of psychological manipulation that seeks to sow seeds of doubt in a targeted individual or in members of a targeted group, making them question their own memory, perception, and sanity. Using persistent denial, misdirection, contradiction, and lying, it attempts to destabilize the victim and delegitimize the victim's belief.[1][2]

And how does us telling you that you don't understand the concept of "gaslighting" sow seeds of doubts to such extend that you question your own memory, perception and sanity?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #124 on: April 01, 2019, 11:37:11 PM »

Offline Jon Banks

« Reply #125 on: April 02, 2019, 07:36:22 PM »
I usually don't believe in Conspiracies however, they DO happen.

It only requires two or more individuals to create a criminal conspiracy.

The most popular conspiracy theory in America today is the Trump-Russia Collusion Theory. So many smart people have convinced themselves that Donald Trump is Manchurian Candidate.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 07:44:37 PM by Jon Banks »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #126 on: April 02, 2019, 09:55:01 PM »

Wow!....And here I've been thinking that "gas lighting" was referring to the igniting an anal expulsion......

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #126 on: April 02, 2019, 09:55:01 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #127 on: April 02, 2019, 11:34:27 PM »
And how does us telling you that you don't understand the concept of "gaslighting" sow seeds of doubts to such extend that you question your own memory, perception and sanity?

>>> pure gaslighting from Martin... yet again!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 11:50:38 PM by Bill Chapman »