Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why do some people believe in conspiracy theories?  (Read 28612 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: Why do some people believe in conspiracy theories?
« Reply #112 on: March 28, 2019, 07:38:59 PM »
Advertisement
Indeed... and the one he named didn't qualify as "couldn't be dismissed"....

You're JAQing again..

Is this going to be your default reply to any question you don't want or can't answer?

And show us where I 'misrepresented' evidence

Looking through your posting history it's remarkable just how many questions you ask whilst at the same time complaining about others asking you questions?.

Tell us where Stombaugh dismissed the rifle shirt fibers

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #112 on: March 28, 2019, 07:38:59 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #113 on: March 28, 2019, 07:46:37 PM »
Tell us where Stombaugh dismissed the rifle shirt fibers

And yet another question from the JAQ clown....

Who said Stombaugh dismissed the rifle shirt fibers?

Whether you like it or not, Stombaugh couldn't make a 100% positive match and what he did say was merely his opinion which hardly qualifies as something that "couldn't be dismissed". For once try to understand what people are telling you!

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #114 on: March 28, 2019, 07:47:43 PM »
Can someone translate this slobbering yolk vernacular. What in hell is JAQ?

"Just Asking Questions".

When Chapman stumbles upon a buzz word, he both overuses it and misuses it.  Like "bump", and "gaslighting".

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #114 on: March 28, 2019, 07:47:43 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #115 on: March 28, 2019, 09:27:19 PM »
And yet another question from the JAQ clown....

Who said Stombaugh dismissed the rifle shirt fibers?

Whether you like it or not, Stombaugh couldn't make a 100% positive match and what he did say was merely his opinion which hardly qualifies as something that "couldn't be dismissed". For once try to understand what people are telling you!

Again with the gaslighting

You asked me to name one CBD, not another one
Whether you like it or not, Stombaugh did not dismiss the shirt fibers being from Oswald's shirt

Re JAQing:

You claim you're not a CTer
JAQer fits you perfectly
Shall I demote you to CTer nut-job level
Either one works for me

Your thing about how could Oswald take 25 minutes to cover a 10 minute walk is an example of JAQing, and also an example of your claims that ppl don't answer your questions. I did in fact school you on that particular one.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 09:39:45 PM by Bill Chapman »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #116 on: March 28, 2019, 09:43:43 PM »
Again with the gaslighting

It seems to me you would do a great many people a big favor by only using expressions you actually understand and know how to apply correctly. Nobody is trying to confuse you or change your mind. You are merely confronted with a factual statement over which for some unexplicable reason you get all defensive about.

You asked me to name one CBD, not another one
Whether you like it or not, Stombaugh did not dismiss the shirt fibers being from Oswald's shirt

No, I asked you to name one that "could not be dismissed" (your words!).... What Stombaugh said about some fibers does not qualify for that category.

You claim you're not a CTer
JAQer fits you perfectly

Wrong again. I am asking for answers and at least halfway sound explanations from people like you who believe and defend the WC fairytale. That's not "just asking questions" as it serves the purpose of better understanding what it is that you and your ilk are actually saying. But that seems to scare the living daylights out of you!

Your thing about how could Oswald take 25 minutes to cover a 10 minute walk is an example of JAQing, and also an example of your claims that ppl don't answer your questions.

Pure BS... that's a valid question for which you have no answer. That's why you dismiss it as "JAQing". In other words, you're trying to take the easy way out as most cowards usually do.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #116 on: March 28, 2019, 09:43:43 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #117 on: March 28, 2019, 10:15:05 PM »
   "Just Asking Questions"  When Chapman stumbles upon a buzz word, he both overuses it and misuses it.  Like "bump", and "gaslighting".
So WTF is wrong with asking questions? It could also then stand for- just answering questions- which is something he never does BTW.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #118 on: March 28, 2019, 10:26:20 PM »
So WTF is wrong with asking questions? It could also then stand for- just answering questions- which is something he never does BTW.

Nothing.  Chapman is confused.  "JAQ-ing" is a rhetorical technique whereby somebody makes a claim or an accusation without directly making it, but by phrasing it as a question.

For example, "if Oswald wasn't guilty of anything then why did he leave work in such a hurry?"

It doesn't mean just asking somebody a question.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #118 on: March 28, 2019, 10:26:20 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #119 on: March 28, 2019, 10:42:57 PM »

It seems to me you would do a great many people a big favor by only using expressions you actually understand and know how to apply correctly. Nobody is trying to confuse you or change your mind. You are merely confronted with a factual statement over which for some unexplicable reason you get all defensive about.

Pure gaslighting
>>> you would do a great many people a big favor
>>> for some unexplicable reason you get all defensive about.
>>> only using expressions you actually understand and know how to apply correctly
>>> Nobody is trying to confuse you or change your mind

No, I asked you to name one that "could not be dismissed" (your words!).... What Stombaugh said about some fibers does not qualify for that category
>>> According to you. Pretty sure they would be included in the shirts that would have similar fiber characteristics.

Wrong again. I am asking for answers and at least halfway sound explanations from people like you who believe and defend the WC fairytale. That's not "just asking questions" as it serves the purpose of better understanding what it is that you and your ilk are actually saying. But that seems to scare the living daylights out of you!

Pure gaslighting:
>>> from people like you who believe and defend the WC fairytale
>>> But that seems to scare the living daylights out of you
>>> Nonsense. I answered that question. You must be claiming that Oswald wasn't a fugitive. Or that he wasn't seen at the Tippit scene. Hang on to that gem as you wish. I'll go with the Tippit witnesses. And not be at all surprised that an Oswald-as-fugitive would become somewhat more interested in keeping out of sight, rather than stop-watching his movements along-the-way to his destiny.

Pure gaslighting:
>>> you're trying to take the easy way out as most cowards usually do.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 11:00:25 PM by Bill Chapman »