Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why do some people believe in conspiracy theories?  (Read 28613 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Why do some people believe in conspiracy theories?
« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2019, 11:32:19 PM »
Advertisement
You think a lot of things, don't you John.. such as how the 'fibers couldn't be dismissed as being from Oswald's shirt' remark somehow differs from your 'fibers that may or may not have come from Oswald's shirt'

A goodly number of these 'couldn't-be-dismissed/may-or-may nots' exist and are worthy of serious consideration, whether detractors like it or not.

I'm not sure what you think the probative value is of this, regardless of how you phrase it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2019, 11:32:19 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2019, 11:36:04 PM »
Sounds a whole lot like Dishonest John is alleging that Oswald's prints were planted on the rifle.

No, that's another "Richard Smith" strawman.  I'm stating the facts that prints were found near the trigger guard which were useless for identification purposes, and one partial palmprint on an index card that Latona received on November 29th was identified by Latona as Oswald's.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2019, 11:37:43 PM »
The whole tale about the palm print on the rifle is BS!....  Day thought that a smudge on the foregrip of the carcano might have been a palm print when he first spotted it in the TSBD at about 2:00pm that afternoon...   He knew that wood absorbs prints rapidly so he attempted to lift that smudge immediately....And Tom Alyea watched as he lifted the smudge and then placed the cellophane tape on a small (3 X5 index card) ....Day then jotted down the pertinent information ..."off underside of barrel near end of fore grip   on rifle c 2766" 

This is one giant Walt fabrication.

Later that night the 3 X5 card was sent along with the reast of the evidence to the FBI  ( It's listed on the evidence inventory list)   Some folks deny that it is listed on the list for 11/22/63  and delude themselves into believing that the "palm print" ( unidentifiable smudge) wasn't released to the FBI until 11/26/63.

But the list itself is solid evidence that it was created on 11/22/63 .......

No it isn't.  That particular evidence list is undated.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2019, 11:37:43 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2019, 11:38:17 PM »
Show testimony that places Oswald out front at any time during the motorcade

Don't need to------he's on film!  Thumb1:

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2019, 11:45:48 PM »
Just named the rifle CBD shirt fibers, Sherlock

You said "goodly number" and when pressed you repeated the single example that you already gave before your goodly number comment.

Conclusion:  Chapman thinks one is a goodly number.

The partial came off with the lift

Mr. DAY. It depends. If it is a fresh print, and by fresh I mean hadn't been there very long and dried, practically all the print will come off and there will be nothing left. If it is an old print, that is pretty well dried, many times you can still see it after the lift. In this case I could still see traces of print on that barrel.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2019, 11:45:48 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2019, 05:30:33 AM »
You said "goodly number" and when pressed you repeated the single example that you already gave before your goodly number comment.

Conclusion:  Chapman thinks one is a goodly number.

Mr. DAY. It depends. If it is a fresh print, and by fresh I mean hadn't been there very long and dried, practically all the print will come off and there will be nothing left. If it is an old print, that is pretty well dried, many times you can still see it after the lift. In this case I could still see traces of print on that barrel.

Martin clearly said name one. He neatly avoided saying name another one. In that regard, I have high confidence that JAQers feel that the shirt fibers found aboard the rifle do not qualify as being worthy of non-dismissal. You of course will not commit either way.

The Stombaugh CBD information exists whether detractors like it or not.
Not my problem if JAQers don't know which items CBD by Stombaugh

« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 06:03:36 AM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #94 on: March 27, 2019, 06:09:31 AM »
Don't need to------he's on film!  Thumb1:

Point him out...

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #94 on: March 27, 2019, 06:09:31 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #95 on: March 27, 2019, 02:25:04 PM »
You know ....Leave it to Chapman to hijack his own thread with silly little tit for tat ludicrous challenges.
This should be called---- Why do many people believe in conspiracies? Saddam Hussein had WMDs right? ::)
Also the thread is supposed to be a poll...what happened there? 1) Oswald did it 2) Maybe Oswald did it 3) perhaps Oswald could have probably done it  4) An idiotic poll.