Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Nice Review of "I Was a Teenage JFK Conspiracy Freak"  (Read 1783 times)

Online Fred Litwin

Nice Review of "I Was a Teenage JFK Conspiracy Freak"
« on: May 18, 2019, 06:09:26 PM »
Advertisement
"Fred Litwin?s intriguing book, I Was a Teenage JFK Conspiracy Freak, details his personal journey away from the grand conspiracy and into reality. His deftness in sweeping JFK conspiracy theorists aside with facts and logic is hard not to admire and appreciate. While not the first to have attempted this, Litwin?s book can be deservingly called one of the most powerful on the subject in recent years."

https://www.claremont.org/crb/basicpage/the-jfk-conspiracy-conspiracy/

fred

JFK Assassination Forum

Nice Review of "I Was a Teenage JFK Conspiracy Freak"
« on: May 18, 2019, 06:09:26 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

Re: Nice Review of "I Was a Teenage JFK Conspiracy Freak"
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 07:49:16 PM »

"The Fifth Estate" is the Canadian TV documentary program mentioned in the review above. These scenes are from the program's 2013 retrospective. The host for many of the original documentaries and interviews was Eric Malling (who was with the program from 1976 to 1990). Peter Dale Scott (also mentioned in the review) is a Canadian and one of the early JFK assassination critic "scholars".

The Malling interiew with Richard Billings predates the iconic park-bench meeting in the "JFK" movie between Costner's Garrison and Donald Sutherland's Mystery Man "X". Sutherland is a Canadian.

According to Wikipedia:

"The actor Donald Sutherland has been credited as having conceived of the film,
     and for hiring Lane and Freed to write the screenplay. Sutherland had planned
     to act in and produce Executive Action, but abandoned the project after failing
     to obtain financing, and took a role in another film."

A bit sad to see how young the early JFK critics were and how they wasted their lives on a lost cause.

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 08:19:14 PM »
You can't blame Fox News for this one, Jerry <g>. That's the CBC.

BTW, if you are aware what do opinion polls of Canadians tell us about their views on the assassination? I've seen little evidence as to what people in other countries think (I recall a poll of British citizens) but my guess - and that's all it is - is that it probably is similar to US opinion. That is, 55-60+ believer there was a conspiracy.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 08:19:14 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 12:52:03 AM »
You can't blame Fox News for this one, Jerry <g>. That's the CBC.

BTW, if you are aware what do opinion polls of Canadians tell us about their views on the assassination? I've seen little evidence as to what people in other countries think (I recall a poll of British citizens) but my guess - and that's all it is - is that it probably is similar to US opinion. That is, 55-60+ believer there was a conspiracy.

We're the same as Americans except for the guns
 ;)

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 02:45:52 PM »
We're the same as Americans except for the guns
 ;)
My guess is that people in other countries probably have similar views/opinions on the assassination as Americans do. That is that it was a conspiracy.

Of course, if you ask people if they think there was a conspiracy behind the assassination of President Merkin Muffley, most would say, "Yes." Of course, there was no assassination of President Muffley. There was no President Muffley. Merkin Muffley was the name of the character that Peter Sellers played in "Dr. Strangelove."

But I'm a lone nutter sheeple so I believe the government when it says Muffley wasn't president. It's in the Warren Report too and you can't believe a thing it says.

People like to think odd things. Like, need, want.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 02:45:52 PM »