Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Poll...Have you ever been to Dealey Plaza?  (Read 10091 times)

Offline Jerry Freeman

Poll...Have you ever been to Dealey Plaza?
« on: March 16, 2019, 10:28:57 PM »
Advertisement
An open poll [no time limit set] Add comments if you will please. Must vote to see results. I personally have there been many times.

JFK Assassination Forum

Poll...Have you ever been to Dealey Plaza?
« on: March 16, 2019, 10:28:57 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Poll...Have you ever been to Dealey Plaza?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 10:38:47 PM »
6 or 7 times.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 01:11:21 AM »
An open poll [no time limit set] Add comments if you will please. Must vote to see results. I personally have there been many times.
Three times...  And I find it disgusting.   A pseudo shrine in a city whose elected officials hated John Kennedy, and whose police department did nothing to bring the murderers to justice.  I'm particularly revolted by the  Sixth Floor museum ..... A place were drones file by video exhibits and nod their heads knowingly  while absorbing the propaganda that's being presented. 
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 01:28:28 AM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 01:11:21 AM »

Offline Louis Earl

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 07:03:23 PM »
I?ve visited countless times in the last 55 years.   The area is well maintained and but for its history it is a peaceful spot.  During the summer it can get rowdy with people on vacation and people selling their books and tours but its public property and there isn?t much the City can do to shoo them away.  I?ve been to the Museum maybe 5 times.   I think it is subdued and respectfully done.  It does not purport to offer all theories of the case.  The only thing on display which I think is tacky is Oswald?s wedding ring. Under glass and a spotlight you would think it was a valuable jewel; it?s not.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 11:11:17 AM »
I visited once. Just long enough to see the museum. I would like to return and spend enough time to roam around the area and contemplate what I have learned over the years. When we arrived, I felt like I knew the area already because I have seen so many photos and videos.
I recently started using a virtual reality head mounted display for flight simulation. And it occurred to me that if we had access to an accurate 3-D model of Dealey Plaza, we could ?visit? in the virtual world quite often. I know that there is at least one model that has been made. But the creator was unwilling to share it freely. Has this changed since I have been mostly away from this place for a while?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 11:11:17 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 03:07:29 PM »
I visited once. Just long enough to see the museum. I would like to return and spend enough time to roam around the area and contemplate what I have learned over the years. When we arrived, I felt like I knew the area already because I have seen so many photos and videos.
I recently started using a virtual reality head mounted display for flight simulation. And it occurred to me that if we had access to an accurate 3-D model of Dealey Plaza, we could ?visit? in the virtual world quite often. I know that there is at least one model that has been made. But the creator was unwilling to share it freely. Has this changed since I have been mostly away from this place for a while?

Wouldn't it be great to see a virtual reality reverse video of the view from the position of JFK's head at the time his head ruptured  back to the intersection of Houston & Elm?    While focusing the camera on the SE sixth floor window, the entire time....  I'm 100% certain that we would see nothing but Live Oak tree foliage at the time the shots were fired.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2019, 05:27:21 PM »
Wouldn't it be great to see a virtual reality reverse video of the view from the position of JFK's head at the time his head ruptured  back to the intersection of Houston & Elm?    While focusing the camera on the SE sixth floor window, the entire time....  I'm 100% certain that we would see nothing but Live Oak tree foliage at the time the shots were fired.

Take a look at the re-enactment videos. One of them does include a view of the window from the limousine.

But, yes a computer generated virtual reality setup would allow for many interesting viewpoints.

I am 100% certain that even if it was done with the most accurate methods possible and showed that you are wrong, you would not listen to reason. You already have your mind made up.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2019, 05:27:21 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2019, 08:42:21 PM »
Take a look at the re-enactment videos. One of them does include a view of the window from the limousine.

But, yes a computer generated virtual reality setup would allow for many interesting viewpoints.

I am 100% certain that even if it was done with the most accurate methods possible and showed that you are wrong, you would not listen to reason. You already have your mind made up.

I'll admit that it would take a lot more than what we've we've been fed so far, to begin to sate my appetite for the truth.....  But that doesn't mean that I can't be shown FACTUAL evidence that could change my mind.   

I would like to see a view from JFK's head to the window starting at the eruption of his head and back to the intersection.....  I'd be willing to gamble a bit that the view would shown nothing but Live oak foliage....

In fact I'd pledge a donation to the person who could create a virtual reality view like the one I've described.....
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 10:13:35 PM by Walt Cakebread »