Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: A straight line  (Read 111982 times)

Online Steve M. Galbraith

Re: A straight line
« Reply #368 on: March 20, 2018, 12:57:59 PM »
Advertisement

I get the impression that some CTers will believe anything. And that some do believe this story.

At what point do stories start to be unbelievable?

Stories:

Johnson was so mean he once tied a stick of dynamite to a dog. It was only by luck that the dog ran away from him and not toward him.

Johnson was so mean he once locked himself and a kid into a small room, produced a grenade and pulled the pin. It was only by luck that the grenade malfunctioned and failed to explode.

For some people, I don?t think that point is ever reached. The more lurid the story the more believable it is.

If it implicates Oswald they have this incredible - insuperable - standard of proof; if it implicates anyone else they just go with it.

I don't know who was the first person who said it but it's true: the JFK assassination is a Rohrschach test for people: what they see in it, who they think did it, tells us more about them than it does about their understanding of the event. Here we have the hatred of LBJ - a truly nasty person - showing itself.

Plus we have the ordinary human psychological problem of simply not accepting that a nothing like Oswald could do something so significant, could alter history with a $20 rifle and not much else. That's hard to accept. Great events must have great causes. And a 24 year old misfit simply can't be that cause.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 04:29:37 PM by Steve M. Galbraith »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #368 on: March 20, 2018, 12:57:59 PM »

Offline Wesley Johnson

« Reply #369 on: March 20, 2018, 03:37:47 PM »
Even this you can't get right. I am hardly a "fence walker" as you erroneously claim. My position is clear in every post that I make.

Stop spinning 🕸.

Rob you are in denial if you think you are not a fence walker. You are obviously overly obsessed with discrediting the WC. I will ask again, if all of the WC report is false, as you seem to think, then tell me what you think happened and who was behind the assassination. The president was killed that day. I think I will be waiting a long time for an answer.

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #370 on: March 20, 2018, 04:30:06 PM »

I get the impression that some CTers will believe anything. And that some do believe this story.

At what point do stories start to be unbelievable?

Stories:

Johnson was so mean he once tied a stick of dynamite to a dog. It was only by luck that the dog ran away from him and not toward him.

Johnson was so mean he once locked himself and a kid into a small room, produced a grenade and pulled the pin. It was only by luck that the grenade malfunctioned and failed to explode.

For some people, I don?t think that point is ever reached. The more lurid the story the more believable it is.

No, that's just how you LNers like to rail against any hint of conspiracy because it is a threat to your world view. Your contention is that LBJ was incapable of complying with a coup because he was too honorable and forthright. Give me a break, he was a Texas mobster before getting into politics.

Here's one for ya. In 1963 LBJ had to make a decision whether to go to prison for life or be complicit with a coup d'etat that made him President. No brainer for someone Nixon described as an "animal" who once beat a mule to death in front of a small crowd. But the mule had it comin'.

The funniest one is how the LNers think a patsy acted alone. :D

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #370 on: March 20, 2018, 04:30:06 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #371 on: March 20, 2018, 10:13:56 PM »
Maybe he would use logic to conclude that it was the guy who immediately picked up the hammer, threw it into the closet, ran out the door and down to the officers' mess and grabbed a Dr. Klingon (a popular soft drink) to look cool and avoid suspicion, then ran toward the escape deck killing a Vulcan security guard on the way, then ran into the virtual reality theater (without paying) and finally tried to shoot the security guards when placed under arrest.

That's not "logic" -- that's making up a story out of whole cloth.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #372 on: March 20, 2018, 10:20:15 PM »
Tim, McClellan and Harrison gave Darby an old fingerprint of Wallace's along with an old fingerprint card with Wallace's print on it. They never gave Darby the real latent palm print from the TSBD 6th floor. It was all a fake.

And the evidence for this is.... what exactly?

From the Dallas Police Department Martin. Look it up. I did.

Please show us the Dallas Police Department file that says that McClellan and Harrison never gave Darby the real latent palm print from the TSBD 6th floor.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #372 on: March 20, 2018, 10:20:15 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #373 on: March 20, 2018, 10:22:54 PM »
The problem could be that what you believe could well be wrong.

In Wesley's universe, picking a belief is a virtue in and of itself.  Even if you don't have any good reason for picking it.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #374 on: March 20, 2018, 10:24:22 PM »
Stories:

So now your skepticism finally kicks in when it's something you don't want to believe.  Is that how it works?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #374 on: March 20, 2018, 10:24:22 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #375 on: March 20, 2018, 10:27:56 PM »
If it implicates Oswald they have this incredible - insuperable - standard of proof; if it implicates anyone else they just go with it.

You have that exactly backwards.  Where Oswald is concerned you have this incredible, insufferable, weak standard of proof.  You'll go with anything -- even ridiculous things like "he left his wedding ring behind".