Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: A straight line  (Read 114416 times)

Offline Wesley Johnson

Re: A straight line
« Reply #288 on: March 11, 2018, 03:27:41 PM »
Advertisement
Wesley, there's no need for you to borrow the photo from Martin. You'll find that photo and many more at the following site;

https://texashistory.unt.edu/explore/collections/JFKDP/browse/?q=boxes

Thanks Tim. I was just being sarcastic.  :D

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #288 on: March 11, 2018, 03:27:41 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #289 on: March 13, 2018, 03:21:43 AM »

Thanks Tim. I was just being sarcastic.  :D

Well, cut it out. That's not permitted here.

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #290 on: March 13, 2018, 05:17:57 AM »
Why would any LNs try to show that the Single Bullet entered at T1 and exited at C6?

That's just my contention. Sorry if it destroys your world view. Otherwise, do my laser experiment any way you like, then post the results to support your claim. If you don't, then you are just too lazy to care about the truth. So get on it. :D
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 05:31:56 AM by Jack Trojan »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #290 on: March 13, 2018, 05:17:57 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #291 on: March 14, 2018, 10:53:51 PM »
It is really not essential to the case that Oswald owned the gun.

I agree.  The case against Oswald needs to prove that he did the shooting.

The evidence may not persuade you. But I would venture to say that if you picked any jury and asked them, based on the evidence, whether it had been proven that Oswald owned the gun, they would find that it had.

Why would you venture to say that?  Just because you think he did?  You have to actually examine the evidentiary basis for that conclusion and you're left with an unscientific handwriting "analysis" of a couple of block letters on a photo of a microfilm copy of a 2-inch order coupon and an "order blank" printed from microfilm that is now "missing" showing a PO box box number that Oswald had access to with a serial number handwritten on the form at some indeterminate time.  And a photo with a rifle that (despite what Mytton claims) cannot be proven to be be the same rifle.

Evidence?  Sure.  Evidence beyond a reasonable doubt?  Hardly.  But even if it was, you've already pointed out the problem.  Showing that somebody owned a gun doesn't tell you anything about who fired it at the president.

Offline Alice Thorton

« Reply #292 on: March 15, 2018, 03:15:51 AM »
You have a good point and observation. I believe that maybe there was more than one gunman but at the same time no one has proof of that and people heard the shots from the building that Oswald was in. But I believe Oswald was only a decoy. Take a look at this article before I say any more to make my point. I have more evidence as well. Skip down to where it talks about the assassination with Kennedy. There is fingerprint evidence mentioned in this article as well.

http://spartacus-educational.com/JFKwallaceM.htm

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #292 on: March 15, 2018, 03:15:51 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #293 on: March 15, 2018, 03:29:20 AM »
You have a good point and observation. I believe that maybe there was more than one gunman but at the same time no one has proof of that and people heard the shots from the building that Oswald was in. But I believe Oswald was only a decoy. Take a look at this article before I say any more to make my point. I have more evidence as well. Skip down to where it talks about the assassination with Kennedy. There is fingerprint evidence mentioned in this article as well.

http://spartacus-educational.com/JFKwallaceM.htm

The Mac Wallace myth
From Faustian Bargains
by Joan Mellen

JFKFacts
October 12, 2016

[Excerpt]

Fingerprint

Mellen?s biggest service is to revisit the story of an unidentified fingerprint found on a box on the 6th floor of the Texas School Book Depository. Numerous JFK researchers have repeated the claim that the fingerprint was that of Mac Wallace, an LBJ associate who apparently murdered a man whom he believed to have slept with his wife. As Mellen shows with a careful reconstruction of the case, Wallace escaped punishment for the crime thanks to legal machinations of Texas politicos aligned with LBJ. From these events arose the hoary legend that Mac Wallace had something to do with JFK?s assassination.

Mellen kills the legend. She points out that the two ?experts? who said that fingerprint came from Wallace were not certified identification experts at the time of their claims. They also used a faulty image of the fingerprint. She notes that the JFK authors who repeated the story of the Mac Wallace fingerprint often used identical language without ever bothering verify the claim.

By contrast, Mellen did the due diligence. She obtained a quality fingerprint image from the National Archives and showed it to an accredited expert, Robert Garrett, without disclosing the issue at stake. Garrett stated, without qualification, that the fingerprint does not match Wallace?s. Mellen reproduces his methodology. The Mac Wallace fingerprint myth has now been definitively debunked.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 03:42:57 AM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Alice Thorton

« Reply #294 on: March 15, 2018, 03:58:02 AM »
What year did this person "debunk" the evidence because in 1998 an investigator by the name of Walt Brown identified it as Wallace's and he was a real investigator.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #294 on: March 15, 2018, 03:58:02 AM »

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #295 on: March 15, 2018, 04:13:29 AM »
I agree.  The case against Oswald needs to prove that he did the shooting.

Why would you venture to say that?  Just because you think he did?  You have to actually examine the evidentiary basis for that conclusion and you're left with an unscientific handwriting "analysis" of a couple of block letters on a photo of a microfilm copy of a 2-inch order coupon and an "order blank" printed from microfilm that is now "missing" showing a PO box box number that Oswald had access to with a serial number handwritten on the form at some indeterminate time.  And a photo with a rifle that (despite what Mytton claims) cannot be proven to be be the same rifle.

Evidence?  Sure.  Evidence beyond a reasonable doubt?  Hardly.  But even if it was, you've already pointed out the problem.  Showing that somebody owned a gun doesn't tell you anything about who fired it at the president.
Well, ownership is relevant because it connects Oswald to the murder weapon. A jury does not have to find he owned it beyond a reasonable doubt to conclude that he owned the gun. They only have to find beyond a reasonable doubt that he committed the murder.  They could conclude that he likely owned the gun and use that as one of the many pieces of evidence connecting Oswald to the murder to ultimately find, beyond a reasonable doubt, Oswald guilty. 

The ownership of the gun comes from many different sources and circumstances. Marina admitted that Oswald purchased a rifle at about the same time as the purchase from Klein's by "Hidell" and that he had told her that he used the rifle to shoot at Gen. Walker.  She said the rifle was kept in the garage in a blanket.  The rifle was not there after the assassination. No other rifle belonging to Oswald has ever been found.   The rifle had Oswald's palm print on the stock. His prints were on the paper bag found in the SN.  Marina admitted taking the backyard photo of Oswald with the rifle. Oswald was seen taking a long paper package that he told Buell Frazier contained curtain rods.  No curtain rods were ever found, of course. Oswald denied telling Frazier this and said he took his lunch.  A jury might have little difficulty concluding that was not a lunch bag and that it did not contain curtain rods. 

On all the evidence, it is difficult to fathom how any group of 12 reasonable people could, at the end of the day, find that Oswald was not tied to that rifle found in the TSBD.

Finding Oswald guilty of murder requires more than that, of course. But there is ample evidence simply from Oswald's conduct after the assassination adding to the strong circumstantial link to the rifle. All the evidence, together, is more than enough to establish Oswald's involvement beyond a reasonable doubt. The similar fact evidence from Marina of the attempt on Gen. Walker, is just icing on the cake.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 03:06:38 PM by Andrew Mason »