Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: A straight line  (Read 113253 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: A straight line
« Reply #240 on: March 04, 2018, 02:48:41 PM »
Advertisement
Tell us why anyone would want to entertain fringer theories.

Additionally, if you have proof that anyone else besides the killer knew that there was about to be an attempt made on Kennedy that day, by all means do post it.

This coming from the guy who recently persistently bored us with a "I don't know for sure but he possibly could have" argument is absolutely hilarious.

Do you need to be reminded that the official narrative is also nothing more than a theory?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 03:06:59 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #240 on: March 04, 2018, 02:48:41 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #241 on: March 04, 2018, 04:02:37 PM »

Do you need to be reminded that the official narrative is also nothing more than a theory?

So is Newtonian gravity.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #242 on: March 04, 2018, 04:05:09 PM »

So is Newtonian gravity.

It is?

I wasn't aware there was much doubt and/or discussion about Newton's findings, but then again there still seem to be some people around who believe the earth is flat, so by all means enlighten me, Tim.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 08:06:29 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #242 on: March 04, 2018, 04:05:09 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #243 on: March 04, 2018, 04:25:31 PM »

This coming from the guy who recently persistently bored us with a "I don't know for sure but he possibly could have" argument is absolutely hilarious.

Stop twisting what I said
I said probably, not merely 'possibly'
'Possibly' is generic, sitting on the fence
'Probably' implies taking a stance

The WC findings were the results of an investigation, not the results of a trial.

CTers might claim that the truth was covered up... and yet none of you has presented a plausible, coherent counter-narrative, as abundantly demonstrated by nothing but dead silence in the lack of response to my ongoing invitation for anyone to name their own shooter and prove that anyone other than the assassin knew there was to be an attempt to be made on Kennedy that day. Feel free to post to provide those answers.

I'm 100% sure that Oswald probably did it.
 ;)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 04:40:37 PM by Bill Chapman »

Online Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #244 on: March 04, 2018, 04:37:11 PM »

The WC findings were the results of an investigation, not the results of a trial.

CTers might claim that the truth was covered up... and yet none of you has presented a plausible, coherent counter-narrative, as abundantly demonstrated by nothing but dead silence in the lack of response to my ongoing invitation for anyone to name their own shooter and prove that anyone other than the assassin knew there was to be an attempt to be made on Kennedy that day. Feel free to post to provide those answers.

;)

It's a combination of the evidence pointing to Oswald as well as the lack of a credible and viable alternative that says to me that Oswald alone killed JFK.

There have been numerous investigations, of course, into the assassination. The conspiracy crowd fixates on the Warren Commission Report and ignores the other investigations that have been done (the HSCA, the Clark Panel, the Rockefeller Commission (granted, this was pretty slipshod), et cetera). This includes those done by news organizations - CBS, ABC, PBS - as well as investigations by private journalists like Tim Weiner on the CIA and other reporters. We can add the works of historians like those by Caro and Dallek to the mix.

Add all of this up and the conspiracy believers have rumors and allegations and "suspicious" behavior but no alternative explanation that is the least bit persuasive.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #244 on: March 04, 2018, 04:37:11 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #245 on: March 04, 2018, 04:39:05 PM »

CTers might claim that the truth was covered up... and yet none of you has presented a plausible, coherent counter-narrative, as abundantly demonstrated by nothing but dead silence in response to my ongoing invitation for anyone to name their own shooter and prove that anyone other than the assassin knew there was to be an attempt to be made on Kennedy that day.

Weighing one side against the other has led me to that probability.

Exactly. And so it remains a theory.

Btw is it you opinion that every investigation Always results in the right outcome?

CTers might claim that the truth was covered up

Oh, there are some honest LNs also who will agree that there was indeed a cover up of sorts after the fact.

yet none of you has presented a plausible, coherent counter-narrative,

Your request is a pathetically stupid one, because even if no counter-narrative would exist, that still would not mean your theory is the right one.

Besides, no counter narrative will ever be considered plausible by you and your ilk, yet a conspiracy/cover up is the automatic go to default if and when it can not be proven conclusively that Oswald was in fact the lone gunman.

Trying to shift the burden of proof isn't really a very convincing way to make your case, but LNs like yourself are constantly doing that nevertheless. Could it be that you actually understand just how weak your own case really is?

Weighing one side against the other has led me to that probability.

Several members of this board are already acutely aware of the lack of sound judgment on your part.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #246 on: March 04, 2018, 04:52:20 PM »

Stop twisting what I said
I said probably, not merely 'possibly'
'Possibly' is generic, sitting on the fence
'Probably' implies taking a stance

Nobody is twisting what you said.

What makes you think my remark was about your lame "I'm 100% sure that Oswald probably did it." "stance" ?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 05:36:21 PM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #246 on: March 04, 2018, 04:52:20 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #247 on: March 04, 2018, 05:05:19 PM »
It's a combination of the evidence pointing to Oswald as well as the lack of a credible and viable alternative that says to me that Oswald alone killed JFK.

There have been numerous investigations, of course, into the assassination. The conspiracy crowd fixates on the Warren Commission Report and ignores the other investigations that have been done (the HSCA, the Clark Panel, the Rockefeller Commission (granted, this was pretty slipshod), et cetera). This includes those done by news organizations - CBS, ABC, PBS - as well as investigations by private journalists like Tim Weiner on the CIA and other reporters. We can add the works of historians like those by Caro and Dallek to the mix.

Add all of this up and the conspiracy believers have rumors and allegations and "suspicious" behavior but no alternative explanation that is the least bit persuasive.

There have been numerous investigations, of course, into the assassination.

Indeed... and basically all used the same evidentiary material and most were politically motivated.

HSCA chairman Henry Gonzalez  and Chief Counsel Richard Sprague both resigned because of disagreements over the investigative techniques used. And Sprague's Robert K. Tanenbaum also left shortly thereafter.

All private and news investigations were always restricted by the information that was already available at the time of those investigations. It's a bit like playing basketball with one hand tied behind your back.