Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: A straight line  (Read 112050 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: A straight line
« Reply #224 on: March 03, 2018, 12:33:24 AM »
Advertisement
Where does it say the FBI saw anything?

It's part of an FBI report.

What does exist is Oswald's New Orleans Post Office Application and we can all see Oswald's previous behaviour.

That tells you nothing about who was authorized to receive mail at PO Box 2915 in Dallas.  And the FPFC card doesn't relate to PO boxes at all.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #224 on: March 03, 2018, 12:33:24 AM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #225 on: March 03, 2018, 12:56:38 AM »

What is circular about the fact that Klein's sent the rifle to Oswald's PO box under Hidell's name and the fact that the rifle was in Oswald's possession?

Probably the same thing that is circular about the fact that Seaport Traders sent the revolver to Oswald's PO box under Hidell's name and the fact that the revolver was in Oswald's possession in the Texas Theatre.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #226 on: March 03, 2018, 01:00:47 AM »
Probably the same thing that is circular about the fact that Seaport Traders sent the revolver to Oswald's PO box under Hidell's name and the fact that the revolver was in Oswald's possession in the Texas Theatre.

Actually Tim,

If I remember correctly, Seaport had only received a 10 dollar payment when the revolver was ordered and shipped the weapon c.o.d. for the remaining balance of something like 19 dollar.

If the outstanding balance was paid upon receipt of the weapon, shouldn't there be any paperwork for that?
At least something like a confirmation for the transfer of the money to Seaport....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #226 on: March 03, 2018, 01:00:47 AM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #227 on: March 03, 2018, 01:02:48 AM »

That tells you nothing about who was authorized to receive mail at PO Box 2915 in Dallas.  And the FPFC card doesn't relate to PO boxes at all.

https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh16/html/WH_Vol16_0018a.htm

https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh16/html/WH_Vol16_0023a.htm

What do those two tell you about who was authorized to receive mail at PO Box 2915 in Dallas?

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #228 on: March 03, 2018, 01:07:46 AM »
https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh16/html/WH_Vol16_0018a.htm

https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh16/html/WH_Vol16_0023a.htm

What do those two tell you about who was authorized to receive mail at PO Box 2915 in Dallas?

Absolutely nothing.

Were those two letters really received at the P.O. box or are they merely addressed to it?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #228 on: March 03, 2018, 01:07:46 AM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #229 on: March 03, 2018, 01:15:37 AM »
Actually Tim,

If I remember correctly, Seaport had only received a 10 dollar payment when the revolver was ordered and shipped the weapon c.o.d. for the remaining balance of something like 19 dollar.

If the outstanding balance was paid upon receipt of the weapon, shouldn't there be any paperwork for that?
At least something like a confirmation for the transfer of the money to Seaport....

I don't know if there should be paperwork for it or not. Here is what we have though:

Mr. BALL. Is there anything in your files which shows that the Railway Express did remit to you the $19.95?
Mr. MICHAELIS. The fact that the exhibit number--may I see this green one?
Mr. BALL. Five.
Mr. MICHAELIS. Was attached to the red copy of the invoice.
Mr. BALL. Red copy of the invoice being----
Mr. MICHAELIS. No; was attached to the red copy of the invoice, exhibit number----
Mr. BALL. Two.
Mr. MICHAELIS. Indicates that the money was received.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #230 on: March 03, 2018, 01:27:14 AM »
I don't know if there should be paperwork for it or not. Here is what we have though:

Mr. BALL. Is there anything in your files which shows that the Railway Express did remit to you the $19.95?
Mr. MICHAELIS. The fact that the exhibit number--may I see this green one?
Mr. BALL. Five.
Mr. MICHAELIS. Was attached to the red copy of the invoice.
Mr. BALL. Red copy of the invoice being----
Mr. MICHAELIS. No; was attached to the red copy of the invoice, exhibit number----
Mr. BALL. Two.
Mr. MICHAELIS. Indicates that the money was received.

So again (just like with Klein's) no actual paperwork available to show the payment was received...

All we have is, yet another, person confirming that a document "indicates that the money was received"

Amazing, when I receive a package (even one without c.o.d.) I always have to sign for receipt, but perhaps they did things differently in Dallas in those days.... 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #230 on: March 03, 2018, 01:27:14 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #231 on: March 03, 2018, 01:38:09 AM »

How does that answer my question?

That tells you nothing about who was authorized to receive mail at PO Box 2915 in Dallas.

You CTs are so predictable, in court I'd present the established predictable behaviour of Oswald's New Orleans Post Office application with AJ Hidell written in Oswald's handwriting and you'd present...... nothing.

JohnM
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 01:39:58 AM by John Mytton »