Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: A straight line  (Read 113065 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: A straight line
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2018, 04:19:57 PM »
Advertisement

SITCOM WORTHY MATERIAL

Lt. Day should have Never left CSI Green Horn Studebaker alone in the TSBD. This is like leaving Gomer Pyle in charge of the Ammo Dump.

Lt J.C. Day was no Dick Tracy.....   He was more like Trick Dacy...and didn't even know the difference between a bolt action rifle and a lever action rifle...

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2018, 04:19:57 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2018, 05:34:12 PM »
Lt J.C. Day was no Dick Tracy.....   He was more like Trick Dacy...and didn't even know the difference between a bolt action rifle and a lever action rifle...

Or a Mauser vs a Carcano ???

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2018, 09:59:54 PM »

WIPE THE CHERRY JUICE FROM YOUR CHIN

Enough with your Cherry Picking.
STOP siding with the HSCA whenever it suits your fancy and then throwing them to the dogs when it does Not.

What are you babbling on about?

No LNer has supported the Z190 SBT since the acoustics analysis was discredited. Can't think of many that supported it before that. There were a few Committee members that didn't like that analysis at the time the report was released.

You want Ernst to keep applying a Z225 slope to a diagram that was showing the car Z190?

I know you CTs work in futility and don't like to be corrected, but this is ridiculous.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2018, 09:59:54 PM »

Offline Pat Speer

« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2018, 10:00:26 PM »

Different Limo!

TRY AGAIN!!!

JohnM

Specter had Thomas Kelley testify regarding the adjustments made on May 24, 1964, to assure the stand-ins were in the same alignment as Kennedy and Connally.

Mr. SPECTER. And what adjustment was made, if any, so that the relative positions of those two men were the same as the positioning of President Kennedy and Governor Connally on November 22, 1963?
Mr. KELLEY. The officials at Hess Eisenhardt, who have the original plans of the President's car, conducted a test to ascertain how high from the ground a person 72 1/2 inches would be seated in this car before its modification. And

it was ascertained that the person would be 52.78 inches from the ground--that is, taking into consideration the flexion of the tires, the flexion of the cushions that were on the car at the time.
Mr. SPECTER. When you say 52.78 inches, which individual would that be?
Mr. KELLEY. That would be the President.
Mr. SPECTER. And what part of his body?
Mr. KELLEY. The top of the head would be 52.78 inches from the ground. When Mr. Anderton was placed in the followup car, it was found that the top of his head was 62 inches from the ground. There was an adjustment made so that there would be--- the stand-in for Governor Connally would be in relatively the same position, taking into consideration the 3-inch difference in the jump seat and the 2-inch difference in his height.
Mr. SPECTER. Considering the 3-inch difference in the jump seat--and I believe it would be an inch and a half difference in height between President Kennedy and Governor Connally--how much higher, then, approximately, was President Kennedy sitting than the Governor on November 22?
Mr. KELLEY. I am not----
Mr. SPECTER. Would the President have been about an inch and half higher than the Governor on the day of the assassination?
Mr. KELLEY. The day of the assassination, yes.
Mr. SPECTER. And were----
The CHAIRMAN. Wouldn't the height of these men depend upon the length of their torso?
Mr. KELLEY. Well----
The CHAIRMAN. You have some people who are shortwaisted, some people who are longwaisted. I don't know which either of these men were who were of the same height. But I know there is a lot of difference in men. We sometimes see the--a man who looks large sitting down, when he stands up he is small, because he has a long torso, and vice versa.
Mr. KELLEY. Of course the relative positions are apparent from the films that were taken at the time of the assassination. It would be, of course, that judgment---and it would have to be a judgment. But I think the films indicate there was just about that much difference in their height when both were seated.
Mr. SPECTER. Inspector Kelley, I hand you a photograph marked as Commission Exhibit No. 697, which has heretofore been admitted into evidence, and identified by Governor Connally as depicting the President and the Governor as they rode in the motorcade on the day of the assassination, and I ask you if the stand-ins for the President and the Governor were seated in approximately the same relative positions on the reconstruction on May 24.
Mr. KELLEY. Yes., sir; in my judgment that is very close.

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2018, 10:39:51 PM »
Good, Jerry. Good. Now answer the question. How did a bullet traveling DOWNWARD go upward after allegedly hitting JFK?

Why would I need to do that? Unless you can show that Kennedy was in the anatomical position when he was wounded.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2018, 10:39:51 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2018, 11:32:08 PM »
Specter had Thomas Kelley testify regarding the adjustments made on May 24, 1964, to assure the stand-ins were in the same alignment as Kennedy and Connally.

Mr. SPECTER. And what adjustment was made, if any, so that the relative positions of those two men were the same as the positioning of President Kennedy and Governor Connally on November 22, 1963?
Mr. KELLEY. The officials at Hess Eisenhardt, who have the original plans of the President's car, conducted a test to ascertain how high from the ground a person 72 1/2 inches would be seated in this car before its modification. And

it was ascertained that the person would be 52.78 inches from the ground--that is, taking into consideration the flexion of the tires, the flexion of the cushions that were on the car at the time.
Mr. SPECTER. When you say 52.78 inches, which individual would that be?
Mr. KELLEY. That would be the President.
Mr. SPECTER. And what part of his body?
Mr. KELLEY. The top of the head would be 52.78 inches from the ground. When Mr. Anderton was placed in the followup car, it was found that the top of his head was 62 inches from the ground. There was an adjustment made so that there would be--- the stand-in for Governor Connally would be in relatively the same position, taking into consideration the 3-inch difference in the jump seat and the 2-inch difference in his height.
Mr. SPECTER. Considering the 3-inch difference in the jump seat--and I believe it would be an inch and a half difference in height between President Kennedy and Governor Connally--how much higher, then, approximately, was President Kennedy sitting than the Governor on November 22?
Mr. KELLEY. I am not----
Mr. SPECTER. Would the President have been about an inch and half higher than the Governor on the day of the assassination?
Mr. KELLEY. The day of the assassination, yes.
Mr. SPECTER. And were----
The CHAIRMAN. Wouldn't the height of these men depend upon the length of their torso?
Mr. KELLEY. Well----
The CHAIRMAN. You have some people who are shortwaisted, some people who are longwaisted. I don't know which either of these men were who were of the same height. But I know there is a lot of difference in men. We sometimes see the--a man who looks large sitting down, when he stands up he is small, because he has a long torso, and vice versa.
Mr. KELLEY. Of course the relative positions are apparent from the films that were taken at the time of the assassination. It would be, of course, that judgment---and it would have to be a judgment. But I think the films indicate there was just about that much difference in their height when both were seated.
Mr. SPECTER. Inspector Kelley, I hand you a photograph marked as Commission Exhibit No. 697, which has heretofore been admitted into evidence, and identified by Governor Connally as depicting the President and the Governor as they rode in the motorcade on the day of the assassination, and I ask you if the stand-ins for the President and the Governor were seated in approximately the same relative positions on the reconstruction on May 24.
Mr. KELLEY. Yes., sir; in my judgment that is very close.

Thanks Pat under the circumstances they did an admirable job but there was a few details that needed precision...

Mr. KELLEY. Well----

.....because without those exact measurements and positions, they ended up with a scenario which is close but for further analysis requires a certain amount of predictable correction.

JohnM

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2018, 12:13:28 AM »
Uhh, no. The HSCA Forensic Pathology Panel was at cross-purposes with its trajectory expert.

The FPP concluded the bullet rose within Kennedy's body, but that he was leaning sharply forward when struck. Their exhibits depict this lean.

You refer to F-46 as "a drawing of Kennedy leaning forward to the degree required for a non-deflected bullet to pass through his back and neck and then hit Governor Connally."

Can you show me where the FPP said this was the wounding position? Seems to me they were demonstrating how the neck transit angle changes if the anatomical profile is tilted.

I notice you later back off this claim of yours:

A careful reading of the panel's report offers a partial
     explanation for these errors. It indicates that F-46 was
     only supposed to demonstrate the relationship between
     Kennedy?s wounds, and that determining the actual
     position of Kennedy at the moment of the shot and the
     trajectory of the bullet was the responsibility of the
     trajectory panel.

Blakey went behind their backs and hired a trajectory expert, however. He even gave this expert, Thomas Canning, the authority to move the wounds if he wanted to. So he did.

I don't know about going behind the FPP's back, but Canning described the rational for reorienting the head and neck so it reflected the President's posture at wounding.

As a consequence, Canning's exhibits show a bullet impacting at the base of the neck, two inches higher than the Pathology Panel placed the wound. Canning also made up some mumbo-jumbo about Kennedy leaning forward when shot in the back, and then sitting up in his seat before getting shot in the head. This was to hide that neither of the trajectories proposed by the HSCA (back to throat at 190, and cowlick to coronal suture at 313) made any sense when one studied the Zapruder film.

This, to me, was an absolute disgrace... And yes, I talked to Blakey about this at the 2014 Bethesda conference. He feigned interest and gave me his email address. But never responded.

I believe he -- along with Clyde Snow -- positioned the neck wounds on a drawing that represented "returning Kennedy's head to a normal position relative to his body." Which supposedly was quite different from the anatomical position.

From there they incorporated changes in the President's seated posture at the time of wounding, mainly using the Croft photo and assuming there was no significant change in posture between the taking of the Croft photo and the moment the bullet struck.

This gets us to how the President is depicted in the drawing above.

I don't know how accurate it all turned out. For one thing, they were certainly working (without knowing so) with a flawed limousine drawing. I believe it was all a good-faith effort.

I'm just telling you how I understand what they were trying to do.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2018, 12:13:28 AM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2018, 12:53:40 AM »
DEFINITION OF TERMS

"predictable correction" = SPECULATION = SBT