Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: A straight line  (Read 111753 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: A straight line
« Reply #536 on: April 06, 2018, 08:44:08 PM »
Advertisement
At least he makes an attempt to prove something, much unlike yourself, who only offers opinions.

Show me where I said I could prove anything here. And tell us why you need people to prove something to you.

It seems to me that you characters are the ones casting opinions around. If you have a problem with gravity, maybe read what Newton's and Einstein's opinions are on the subject.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 09:06:57 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #536 on: April 06, 2018, 08:44:08 PM »

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #537 on: April 06, 2018, 09:54:01 PM »
Jack,  why don't you, as our resident physicist/photogammatrist, explain to the rest of us here how the entry wound being 2 inches to the right of the spine gives the EXACT lateral (pitch) angle of trajectory? Go ahead and dazzle us.

It doesn't give us the pitch of the MB trajectory, but it does give us JFK's orientation when he was struck by the (cough cough) MB. We know the pitch of the MB thru geometry (and not "photogammetry", whatever that is) and the position of the limo at frame z224 relative to the SN. The pitch angle was -7 degrees. Since the angle thru JFK was say >12 degrees (2 inches right of his spine) we know that JFK had to be turned to his RIGHT 5 degrees relative to the limo to form a -12 degree bullet trajectory from his back to his throat. This was clearly not the case so what do you propose resolves this discrepancy?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 09:59:06 PM by Jack Trojan »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #538 on: April 06, 2018, 10:04:06 PM »
It doesn't give us the pitch of the MB trajectory, but it does give us JFK's orientation when he was struck by the (cough cough) MB.

How does it give JFK's orientation when he was struck by the single bullet?

We know the pitch of the MB thru geometry (and not "photogammetry", whatever that is) and the position of the limo at frame z224 relative to the SN. The pitch angle was -7 degrees. Since the angle thru JFK was say >12 degrees (2 inches right of his spine) we know that JFK had to be turned to his RIGHT 5 degrees relative to the limo to form a -12 degree bullet trajectory from his back to his throat. This was clearly not the case so what do you propose resolves this discrepancy?

You're not making any sense at all.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #538 on: April 06, 2018, 10:04:06 PM »

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #539 on: April 06, 2018, 10:18:17 PM »
Pretty sure a bullet starts to drop the moment it exits the barrel. It's called gravity.. plus air density, temperature, and wind have an effect on the flight of the bullet.

The bullet does not automatically start to rotate when it exits a human body. A bullet tumbles in response to interacting with a solid object such as bone that deflects its trajectory. It does not deflect appreciably when it transitions from one medium to another such as flesh to air or water to air, etc. It certainly doesn't rotate appreciably within a couple of feet of exiting the body.

Otherwise, a bullet follows a parabolic path like anything else under gravity. The mussel velocity defines the parabolic arc of a projectile, which is insignificant over a hundred feet and has nothing to do with a tumbling bullet.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #540 on: April 06, 2018, 10:21:56 PM »
Show me where I said I could prove anything here. And tell us why you need people to prove something to you.

Why?

It seems to me that you characters are the ones casting opinions around. If you have a problem with gravity, maybe read what Newton's and Einstein's opinions are on the subject.

Who are "you characters" and where did I say I have a problem with gravity?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #540 on: April 06, 2018, 10:21:56 PM »

Offline Jack Trojan

« Reply #541 on: April 06, 2018, 10:26:44 PM »
How does it give JFK's orientation when he was struck by the single bullet?

Re-read my post and start thinking photogammetrically. ;)

You're not making any sense at all.

Using an ortho-map overhead of Elm, draw a line from the SN to the limo at frame z224. What's that angle? Now take the supposed angle of the MB thru JFK and reconcile the 2.

Good luck with that!

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #542 on: April 07, 2018, 12:21:27 AM »
The bullet does not automatically start to rotate when it exits a human body. A bullet tumbles in response to interacting with a solid object such as bone that deflects its trajectory. It does not deflect appreciably when it transitions from one medium to another such as flesh to air or water to air, etc. It certainly doesn't rotate appreciably within a couple of feet of exiting the body.

Otherwise, a bullet follows a parabolic path like anything else under gravity. The mussel velocity defines the parabolic arc of a projectile, which is insignificant over a hundred feet and has nothing to do with a tumbling bullet.

Where did I address bullet tumble in my post? I'm questioning your use of a laser beam which of course is not affected by wind, air temperature, air density or gravity as is a bullet in flight. At that distance it might only be a barely noticeable drop (as I understand it, nevertheless one is talking fractions here. My research is talking 200-300 yards downrange and beyond.

I might be getting the wrong idea about what you say you are proving.

Re tumble, I understand Carcano rifling grabs that ammo near the front rather than the back, thereby providing a very stable bullet in flight.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 12:33:12 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #542 on: April 07, 2018, 12:21:27 AM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #543 on: April 07, 2018, 12:44:06 AM »
Re-read my post and start thinking photogammetrically. ;)

Nope. You're going to have to show it or explain it.

Using an ortho-map overhead of Elm, draw a line from the SN to the limo at frame z224. What's that angle? Now take the supposed angle of the MB thru JFK and reconcile the 2.

I used the Robert West Survey of 1964. Measuring from the SN to the limo, I get a lateral angle of 9 degrees. I don't know what you mean by "reconcile the 2". What exactly is there to reconcile?