Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: A straight line  (Read 111887 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: A straight line
« Reply #424 on: March 23, 2018, 05:35:40 PM »
Advertisement
At least I'm not afraid to admit what I believe. I believe Oswald acted alone.

Again, believing something without evidence is not a virtue.

See how easy that is John.

Yes I do.  But I don't care how easy it is to believe something.  I care if it's actually true.

You hide behind your lame excuse of "questioning" all the evidence and by implication you are showing you believe there was a conspiracy.

Only in the land of false dichotomies.  What is it about "I don't believe that the evidence shows beyond a reasonable doubt that Oswald did it" equates to "I believe there was a conspiracy" in your mind?

You and people like you don't admit to believing there was a conspiracy because you know after 54 years there is not one scrap of physical or ballistic evidence that supports any of the numerous conspiracy theories.

. . . "and therefore Oswald did it"?  Is that how your mind works?

By you questioning every little piece of evidence that was gathered and examined, from Oswald's clothes, to all of the ballistic evidence, to questioning every eyewitness's testimony,

Oswald's clothes prove that he killed JFK?  Do tell!  "All the ballistic evidence" proves that Oswald killed JFK?  Do tell!

What little evidence there is, is weak and circumstantial, and it's all questionable, arguable, impeachable, or tainted in some way.  I understand why you refuse to discuss it in any detail, because that becomes obvious rather quickly.

if you are right, it would have to have been a conspiracy of massive proportions.

What, do you guys all read from the same strawman script?

I do this for just the entertainment of debating it. What are you hoping to get out of it John? Just curious.

Clearly.  You certainly don't do this because you want to talk about the evidence.  I'm hoping that someday somebody will come up with a better argument than "the Warren Commission concluded it, I believe it, and that settles it".

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #424 on: March 23, 2018, 05:35:40 PM »

Offline Alice Thorton

« Reply #425 on: March 24, 2018, 05:34:43 PM »
I just don't get why you think that he acted alone Wesley? Even though everything that makes it lead people to believe that it wasn't just Oswald is only theories, I still just don't get why you think it was him?? Take a look at this website about the dinner the night before the assassination.

http://www.viewzone.com/lbj/lbj4.html

Offline Tim Nickerson

« Reply #426 on: March 24, 2018, 06:19:07 PM »
I just don't get why you think that he acted alone Wesley? Even though everything that makes it lead people to believe that it wasn't just Oswald is only theories, I still just don't get why you think it was him?? Take a look at this website about the dinner the night before the assassination.

http://www.viewzone.com/lbj/lbj4.html

Alice, The evidence establishes beyond any reasonable doubt that Oswald alone assassinated Kennedy. I've yet to see any credible evidence showing that he was acting with or on behalf of others.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #426 on: March 24, 2018, 06:19:07 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #427 on: March 24, 2018, 07:57:18 PM »

Alice, The evidence establishes beyond any reasonable doubt that Oswald alone assassinated Kennedy. I've yet to see any credible evidence showing that he was acting with or on behalf of others.

Alice, this is what happens if you keep repeating to yourself: "but his rifle was there"

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #428 on: March 25, 2018, 03:55:56 PM »
Alice, this is what happens if you keep repeating to yourself: "but his rifle was there"
Right. Oh yeah, and then he left immediately afterward, took a bus but decided it was too slow so he went home in a taxi (not responding when the driver said "I wonder what the hell is the uproar", which he obviously knew what it was about since he had figured work was shut down for the day because of it), picked up his revolver and left quickly on foot, shot Officer Tippit for no apparent reason seconds after the officer got out of his patrol car, ran down an alley and slipped into the Texas Theater without paying, pulled his gun out when police arrested him in the theater and tried to shoot the arresting officer saying "well, its all over now".

There really isn't any evidence on which a reasonable person could infer that Oswald assassinated JFK?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #428 on: March 25, 2018, 03:55:56 PM »

Offline Alice Thorton

« Reply #429 on: March 25, 2018, 04:45:21 PM »

Which yes I agree with you that there isn't any proof, but Johnson has links to all of these people and he could make anyone do anything or say anything that he wanted to be done. He is linked to Jack Ruby, who was the one that shot and killed Oswald. So maybe Oswald was about, to tell the truth, and Johnson had Ruby kill Oswald from saying the truth. So as everyone says in order to keep a secret someone has to be dead, therefore, Oswald killed.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #430 on: March 25, 2018, 04:45:31 PM »

Right. Oh yeah, and then he left immediately afterward, took a bus but decided it was too slow so he went home in a taxi (not responding when the driver said "I wonder what the hell is the uproar", which he obviously knew what it was about since he had figured work was shut down for the day because of it), picked up his revolver and left quickly on foot, shot Officer Tippit for no apparent reason seconds after the officer got out of his patrol car, ran down an alley and slipped into the Texas Theater without paying, pulled his gun out when police arrested him in the theater and tried to shoot the arresting officer saying "well, its all over now".

There really isn't any evidence on which a reasonable person could infer that Oswald assassinated JFK?

Oh yeah, and then he left immediately afterward, took a bus but decided it was too slow so he went home in a taxi

That's what we're told, but did it really happen?

What about the guy looking like Oswald that was seen by several people running towards Elm street and being picked up by a car. Or did that not happen?

picked up his revolver and left quickly on foot,

Really? So you have proof he picked up his revolver at the rooming house? And what about Roberts seeing him waiting at a bus stop?

shot Officer Tippit for no apparent reason

Did he?

What reason did he have to be at 10th street to begin with? The killer of the President decides to take a walk on a go nowhere street rather than get the hell out of town? Really?

ran down an alley and slipped into the Texas Theater without paying, pulled his gun out when police arrested him in the theater and tried to shoot the arresting officer

Again, so we are told. But even if true, wouldn't he have done the same after killing Tippit only?

You can infer all you want, but most of what you have is highly circumstantial and speculative and what little physical evidence there is has it's own set of problems.

Try making this story stick without "but his rifle was there"

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #430 on: March 25, 2018, 04:45:31 PM »

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #431 on: March 25, 2018, 04:46:06 PM »

Actually, there really isn't any evidence on which an unreasonable person could infer that Oswald assassinated JFK? And I don?t see how there could be.