Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Was Lee Oswald the passenger in Whaley's Taxi?  (Read 56716 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Was Lee Oswald the passenger in Whaley's Taxi?
« Reply #160 on: February 26, 2018, 05:34:10 PM »
Advertisement
Was there any "Darrel Click" registered as a cab driver in the Dallas area?

Good question......   Do you know if there would be any record?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #160 on: February 26, 2018, 05:34:10 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #161 on: February 26, 2018, 10:42:50 PM »
Mark Lane tried to find out. 

"I spoke with a Mr. Roseboro of the Teamsters Union--they have organized the taxi drivers in Dallas--and asked him if he knew--if he could give me any information about a Daryl Click. He said he did not have the name in his files. but Texas being a right-to-work law State, it is possible, he said, that Mr. Click was a driver but not a member of that union. He referred me to the personnel department of the City Transportation Co., which he told ,he was the one company monopoly running all the taxis in Dallas.
I spoke with the City Transportation Co. personnel office, Mr. Pott, as I recalled, who checked the records, and indicated to me that there was no Daryl Click who drove a taxi in Dallas."

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #162 on: February 27, 2018, 04:08:24 PM »
The audio has been posted already, but that could have been edited. Furthermore, I can't imagine an outfit as big as the NYT relying on a transcrber's copy when they had at least one person there (probably more).

This isn't a huge issue that is why Mark Lane dropped it. There is no evidence showing that LHO ever took a cab. If we are going to believe in things that have no supporting evidence then it is just as likely that he received a car ride to his rooming house.

Perhaps it's not a huge issue but LBJ's Special Blue Ribbon Cover up Committee certainly worked hard to obfuscate the issue.....

It should be obvious to any reasonably intelligent person that William Whaley's tale was nothing but a simpleton's BS.....And Whaley admitted it.

Lee Oswald was NOT the "Wino" who was dressed in BLUE workman's clothing that Whaley picked up at the bus station at 12:30 and dropped at Beckley and Neely at 12:45 and who he charged 95 cents for the ride.....

Lee Oswald knew he had paid 85 cents for the taxi to the rooming house......And he was NOT at the bus station at 12:30 and he was NOT dressed in Blue Workman's clothing,....

Let's imagine that Lee took a taxi to the rooming house.....looked at the meter and saw the fare was 85 cents..... and gave the driver five dollars and asked him to wait five minutes because he wanted to continue the trip to the theater after he changed his clothes.

(Whaley said that the request for five dollars was a routine practice)

But when Lee came out of the rooming house the driver had left and basically stolen $4.15.....   That driver wouldn't want to expose himself as a thief.......so he wouldn't tell anybody that Lee Oswald had planned to go to the theater and was no where near the Tippit murder scene.....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #162 on: February 27, 2018, 04:08:24 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #163 on: February 27, 2018, 06:24:48 PM »
The audio has been posted already, but that could have been edited. Furthermore, I can't imagine an outfit as big as the NYT relying on a transcrber's copy when they had at least one person there (probably more).

This isn't a huge issue that is why Mark Lane dropped it. There is no evidence showing that LHO ever took a cab. If we are going to believe in things that have no supporting evidence then it is just as likely that he received a car ride to his rooming house.

"No evidence" except Oswald's admission that he took a cab and the confirmation of the cab driver. LOL.  What else could there ever be to confirm such a fact except the admission of the only two people on planet Earth in the cab?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #164 on: February 27, 2018, 08:08:34 PM »
"No evidence" except Oswald's admission that he took a cab and the confirmation of the cab driver. LOL.  What else could there ever be to confirm such a fact except the admission of the only two people on planet Earth in the cab?

"No evidence" except Oswald's admission that he took a cab and the confirmation of the cab driver.

It does appear to be a fact that Lee said he took a cab when the bus became stalled in traffic......All of the reports of the men in the Homicide off allude to Lee taking a cab to the rooming house and he paid 85 cents for the ride.

the confirmation of the cab driver.

Only a person who lacks the guts to face reality or the ability to reason would deduce that Whaley "confirmed" that Lee Oswald was his passenger. 

Whaley DESCRIBED a man who clearly was NOT Lee Oswald who he picked up at the bus depot at 12:30 ( just as the shots were being fired) and Whaley said the man did NOT go to the rooming house and the man's fare was 95 cents.  

I can't imagine how Lee would have known that the fare from the bus depot to the rooming house as 85 cents....unless he actually paid that fare.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #164 on: February 27, 2018, 08:08:34 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #165 on: February 27, 2018, 09:31:38 PM »
I can't imagine how Lee would have known that the fare from the bus depot to the rooming house as 85 cents....unless he actually paid that fare.

I don't recall you ever actually demonstrating that the fare from the bus depot to the rooming house would have been 85 cents.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #166 on: February 27, 2018, 11:01:43 PM »
I don't recall you ever actually demonstrating that the fare from the bus depot to the rooming house would have been 85 cents.

It was 95 cents to Beckley and Neeley.....  A quarter mile back the fare would have been 85 cents.....Is this too complicated for you?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #166 on: February 27, 2018, 11:01:43 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #167 on: February 27, 2018, 11:14:05 PM »
It was 95 cents to Beckley and Neeley.....  A quarter mile back the fare would have been 85 cents.....Is this too complicated for you?

Sure, once you demonstrate that the fare to Beckley and Neeley (Whaley originally said 500 block of Beckley) actually would have been 95 cents and that it was 10 cents for an additional quarter mile.  Besides,the difference is actually 0.4 miles.  You're just pulling numbers out of your ass.