Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Was Lee Oswald the passenger in Whaley's Taxi?  (Read 56787 times)

Offline John Mytton

Re: Was Lee Oswald the passenger in Whaley's Taxi?
« Reply #152 on: February 23, 2018, 11:24:31 PM »
Advertisement
https://mathflight.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/4-4-multiplication-rule-basics.pdf

Please view page 4, example "homicide case".

If that's a legitimate source then I can't argue with that, it certainly fits all the parameters.

Ironically I first wrote down 1 in 4096 because that was the amount of options and then because I'm a bit rusty I thought I'd better check and came up with many examples similar to my post above which seem to make sense?

Q. There are four friends ? Adam, Bella, Christopher and Drew. All of them are asked to choose any number in their mind. Now what is the probability that every one of them has the same number in mind? The chosen number must be in between 1 to 5 (including 1 and 5).

A1. Without loss of generality, let's say Adam picks first. The probability that the other 3 choose the exact same number as Adam is 1/5∗1/5∗1/5, which gives the result of 1/125.

Note: this answer presumes that the numbers are chosen at random.

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #152 on: February 23, 2018, 11:24:31 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #153 on: February 24, 2018, 02:15:47 PM »

If that's a legitimate source then I can't argue with that, it certainly fits all the parameters.

Ironically I first wrote down 1 in 4096 because that was the amount of options and then because I'm a bit rusty I thought I'd better check and came up with many examples similar to my post above which seem to make sense?

Q. There are four friends ? Adam, Bella, Christopher and Drew. All of them are asked to choose any number in their mind. Now what is the probability that every one of them has the same number in mind? The chosen number must be in between 1 to 5 (including 1 and 5).

A1. Without loss of generality, let's say Adam picks first. The probability that the other 3 choose the exact same number as Adam is 1/5∗1/5∗1/5, which gives the result of 1/125.

Note: this answer presumes that the numbers are chosen at random.

JohnM

because I'm a bit rusty 

You sure are!.....  You should be this candid more often.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 02:57:57 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #154 on: February 25, 2018, 01:23:32 PM »
I think you selected the right solution to the wrong problem, I've underlined the culprit.

In our case this translates to the 6 witnesses all selecting the same person in the lineup but NOT restricted to Oswald.

The best analogy I can come up with is putting four numbered balls in a jar and let 6 persons in turn pick a ball, announce the number and puts the ball back. In your example Adam picks first and the rest must comply with Adam's choice, all ones, twos etc. There are four valid outcomes. Probability is 1/4^5 = 1/1024.

In the correct solution one red ball (Oswald) and three blue balls (the fillers) are put in a jar. Each person in turn picks a ball, announces the color and puts the ball back. Only one outcome is valid: all red. No numbering of each person in the lineup is needed as we're only interested in wheather red (Oswald) is picked or not. Probability is 1/4^6 = 1/4096.

Mr. BELIN. Now, when you signed it--what I want to know is, before you went down, had they already put on there a statement that the man you saw was the No. 8 man in the lineup?
Mr. WHALEY. I don't remember that. I don't remember whether it said three or two, or what.
Mr. BELIN. Did they have any statements on there before you went down to the lineup?
Mr. WHALEY. I never saw what they had in there. It was all written out by hand. The statement I saw, I think, was this one, and that could be writing. I might not even seen this one yet. I signed my name because they said that is what I said.
Mr. BELIN. Well, Mr. Whaley---
Mr. WHALEY. I know, sir, but I don't think you can understand what I had to put up with that afternoon.

Whaley was illiterate and had no idea what they had written...

"I don't remember whether it said three or two, or what.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 01:25:27 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #154 on: February 25, 2018, 01:23:32 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #155 on: February 25, 2018, 01:48:59 PM »
Whaley was illiterate and had no idea what they had written...

But he did fill out a trip sheet, we're told...

Yes....... he could record numbers from the odometer and keep a record .....

This is strange......  Belin asks Whaley if the "stenographers" had placed the suspect's ID number on the affidavit PRIOR to his viewing the line up...

Mr. BELIN. Now, when you signed it--what I want to know is, before you went down, had they already put on there a statement that the man you saw was the No. 8 man in the lineup?
Mr. WHALEY. I don't remember that. I don't remember whether it said three or two, or what.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #156 on: February 25, 2018, 03:26:04 PM »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #156 on: February 25, 2018, 03:26:04 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #157 on: February 25, 2018, 03:35:39 PM »
Have a look at Montgomery's report, top paragraph...

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth190215/m1/5/?q=montgomery%20report

Yes..... Originally Whaley said that he picked up the "Wino" in the BLUE workman's clothing at 12:30 and deposited him 15 minutes later at 12:45 in Oakcliff.

The Lawyers on LBJ's  Special Select Blue Ribbon Cover Up Committee KNEW that Bull Shipper Bill Whaley had not transported Lee Oswald.....  but rather than challenge him and dismiss his BS tale they HELPED him fabricate the lie.

Do you know WHEN  Henry Wade gave the reporters the information about a cab driven by Darrel Click?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #158 on: February 25, 2018, 04:22:01 PM »
Do you know WHEN  Henry Wade gave the reporters the information about a cab driven by Darrel Click?

No, but I seem to recall the newspaper article was posted on the forum before it got blasted. Someone should know where to find it.

Did Wade refer to the taxi PRIOR to 12:00 pm Noon Saturday?......

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #158 on: February 25, 2018, 04:22:01 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #159 on: February 26, 2018, 03:40:23 PM »

I believe that someone posted a video of Henry Wade talking to reporters after the  midnight exhibition of Lee Harrrrvey Ossssswald .....   And I believe that it was during that briefing that Wade mentioned the taxi driver Darrel Click.  ......

Was there any "Darrel Click" registered as a cab driver in the Dallas area?