Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Was Lee Oswald the passenger in Whaley's Taxi?  (Read 56714 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Was Lee Oswald the passenger in Whaley's Taxi?
« Reply #128 on: February 21, 2018, 05:54:33 PM »
Advertisement
Whaley drafts...

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth340663/?q=William%20whaley

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth340356/?q=William%20whaley

Thanks Tom.....

Let's see what Whaley told LBJ's Cover Up committee.......

Mr. WHALEY. No, sir, I didn't drive until I reached the 500 block. I drove until I reached Beckley and Neely. If you would be in my place when they took me down there, when they had to force their way through the reporters to get me in the office, they wrote that up, and I signed it, because I told them that the man said he wanted to go to the 500 block of North Beckley.
Mr. BELIN. All right. Now in here it says, "The No. 3 man who I now know is Lee Harvey Oswald was the man who I carried from the Greyhound Bus Station* * *"
Was this the No. 3 or the No. 2 man?
Mr. WHALEY. I signed that statement before they carried me down to see the lineup. I signed this statement, and then they carried me down to the lineup at 2:30 in the afternoon.
Mr. BELIN. You signed this affidavit before you saw the lineup.
Mr. WHALEY. Well, now, let's get this straight. You are getting me confused.
Mr. BELIN. Now, I will put it this way. There was an FBI reporter, FBI interviewer with you?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir; there was.
Mr. BELIN. And there was an interview with the Dallas Police Department?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes. And Bill Alexander from the district attorney's office was there, also.
Mr. BELIN. All right, now, the last sentence.
Mr. WHALEY. Let me tell you how they fixed this up. They had me in the office saying that. They were writing it out on paper, and they wrote it out on paper, and this officer, Leavelle, I think that is his name, before he finished and before I signed he wanted me to go with him to the lineup, so I went to the lineup, and I come back and he asked me which one it was, which number it was, and I identified the man, and we went back up in the office again, and then they had me sign this. That is as near as I can remember.

It looks to me that Whaley was illiterate...... Leavelle and an FBI agent jotted down what they understood Whaley to say......and Whaley signed the affidavits but could not read what had been written. 

It's very revealing that Whaley told the "stenographers" that he was at the Greyhound bus depot at 12:20 and picked up the man in the BLUE colored workman's clothes at 12:30.    The shyster lawyers on LBJ's Special Select Blue Ribbon Cover up committee  worked diligently to make that man into Lee Oswald and change the time to 12:45.......

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth340663/?q=William%20whaley

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth340356/?q=William%20whaley

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #128 on: February 21, 2018, 05:54:33 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #129 on: February 21, 2018, 06:02:42 PM »
I haven't read all the gibberish here but what exactly is being alleged?  That Whaley was in on the plot?  And his role was to lie about Oswald being in his cab to provide a cover story for Oswald getting to this boarding house for some unknown reason?  If Whaley was in on the plot, then why not actually have him drive Oswald instead of this fabrication?  Why make this up?  If you are not alleging that Whaley was in on the plot and was just mistaken about who he drove, then what difference does it make?  Oswald reached his boarding house via some means.  If there is no conspiratorial angle being alleged, it is just a matter of historical curiosity as to how. Of course, he took Whaley's cab.  But if you want to believe he got there in some other manner that has nothing to do with proving a conspiracy, then knock yourself out.  It's like knowing the name of the horse John Wilkes Booth rode after the Lincoln assassination.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #130 on: February 21, 2018, 06:26:43 PM »
I haven't read all the gibberish here but what exactly is being alleged?  That Whaley was in on the plot?  And his role was to lie about Oswald being in his cab to provide a cover story for Oswald getting to this boarding house for some unknown reason?  If Whaley was in on the plot, then why not actually have him drive Oswald instead of this fabrication?  Why make this up?  If you are not alleging that Whaley was in on the plot and was just mistaken about who he drove, then what difference does it make?  Oswald reached his boarding house via some means.  If there is no conspiratorial angle being alleged, it is just a matter of historical curiosity as to how. Of course, he took Whaley's cab.  But if you want to believe he got there in some other manner that has nothing to do with proving a conspiracy, then knock yourself out.  It's like knowing the name of the horse John Wilkes Booth rode after the Lincoln assassination.

If you are not alleging that Whaley was in on the plot and was just mistaken about who he drove, then what difference does it make?

Whaley wasn't "mistaken"  about his passenger ...he KNEW damned well that the man he transported was NOT Lee Oswald.... He was just a cabbie BSer who wanted to impress his fellow cabbies and got himself involved by braggin that he had transported the killer and was damned lucky he wasn't murdered too.

He wasn't "in on the plot".....But the difference it makes.....  Is the FACT that The WC lawyers KNEW that Whaley was FOS.   They weren't stupid.....  But they needed Whaley's account of driving by the rooming house .   That gave them the act to portray Lee Oswald as the guilty assassin who cautiously looked over the area around the rooming house prior to departing from the cab.  It's an absurd idea but many fools actually believe that happened.

Oswald reached his boarding house via some means.  If there is no conspiratorial angle being alleged, it is just a matter of historical curiosity as to how. Of course, he took Whaley's cab.  But if you want to believe he got there in some other manner that has nothing to do with proving a conspiracy,

Oswald reached his boarding house via some means.  If there is no conspiratorial angle being alleged, it is just a matter of historical curiosity as to how.

The conspiracy is revealed by the obvious desperation of the Warren Commission lawyers to portray Lee Oswald as a killer .....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #130 on: February 21, 2018, 06:26:43 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #131 on: February 21, 2018, 06:29:40 PM »
If Whaley calculated time in fifteen minute increments and the man who was wearing the BLUE workman's uniform clothing approached his cab at 12:30, he would not have thought it was 12:45.....   

BTW.... Mr Mytton, why did you delete Whaley's hand written affidavits ??.....  Do you lack the guts to debate those hand written affidavits?

This is why you fail, the post you replied to hasn't been edited therefore nothing was removed, and btw exactly what's stopping you from posting the written affidavits?

JohnM

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #132 on: February 21, 2018, 06:33:46 PM »

He also chickened out of his astronomical numbers in the jacket thread.

-sigh- I explained the concept seven ways to Sunday and every time you simply couldn't grasp each detailed explanation, it's always been your problem, not mine.

Btw still going with your "bruise" theory? Hahaha!

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #132 on: February 21, 2018, 06:33:46 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #133 on: February 21, 2018, 06:44:11 PM »

This is why you fail, the post you replied to hasn't been edited therefore nothing was removed, and btw exactly what's stopping you from posting the written affidavits?

JohnM

Do you now deny that you deleted the hand written affidavits because you're a coward who can't defend the information.

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #134 on: February 21, 2018, 06:50:55 PM »
Do you now deny that you deleted the hand written affidavits because you're a coward who can't defend the information.

This isn't difficult, I can only delete something if I EDIT my post and the post you replied to wasn't EDITED.

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #134 on: February 21, 2018, 06:50:55 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #135 on: February 21, 2018, 09:44:00 PM »

Here we see Richard's usual approach of "I'm too lazy to read what you wrote, so I'll just make something up to argue against".