Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Was Lee Oswald the passenger in Whaley's Taxi?  (Read 56727 times)

Offline Bill Brown

Re: Was Lee Oswald the passenger in Whaley's Taxi?
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2018, 10:39:29 PM »
Advertisement
Really?.....   Didn't you say that Lee Oswald was Whaley's passenger and he told Whaley that he wanted to go to the 500 block of N Beckley?

500 N.Beckley was  FIVE  blocks past the rooming house....  And according to the official tale Lee was in a hurry....and yet he would have wasted time by riding FIVE blocks past the rooming house just so he could see if there were any police waiting for him at the rooming house.... If Lee had been in Whaleys cab he could have given Whaley the 900 block of N.Beckley as his destination and accomplished what you believe he did..( assuring himself that there were no police waiting for him)   He would have saved about eight minutes if he had asked to be transported to the 900 block of N. Beckley.

IOW....He would have arrived at he rooming house at about 12:50  instead of 1:00 pm.....and that would have had him departing the Greyhound bus station at about 12:40....ooops!....Big Problem here....He was on Mc Watters bus at 12:40.

I think the obvious answer is....  Whaley was a bullSitting  cabbie who allowed his BSing to get him involved in a mess that the WC used in a fabricated scenario to frame Lee Oswald.

Really?.....   Didn't you say that Lee Oswald was Whaley's passenger and he told Whaley that he wanted to go to the 500 block of N Beckley?

Yes.

500 N.Beckley was  FIVE  blocks past the rooming house....  And according to the official tale Lee was in a hurry....and yet he would have wasted time by riding FIVE blocks past the rooming house just so he could see if there were any police waiting for him at the rooming house.... If Lee had been in Whaleys cab he could have given Whaley the 900 block of N.Beckley as his destination and accomplished what you believe he did..( assuring himself that there were no police waiting for him)

In my opinion, Oswald exited the cab three blocks south of the rooming house (instead of just one block) in an attempt to distance himself from the rooming house in case Whaley somehow came to realize who he gave a ride to at a point in time before the authorities were aware of the rooming house.  In other words, I think Oswald was covering all the possibilities at both ends of the spectrum (make sure the police weren't at the rooming house AND don't let a cab driver know his true address).  Remember, Oswald first walked south after exiting Whaley's cab to throw off Whaley about his true destination.

IOW....He would have arrived at he rooming house at about 12:50  instead of 1:00 pm.....and that would have had him departing the Greyhound bus station at about 12:40....ooops!....Big Problem here....He was on Mc Watters bus at 12:40.

First of all, at one minute per block, how does walking four extra blocks equate to saving ten minutes?

Anyway, I believe Oswald, seeing that there were no police cars at the rooming house, decided to exit the cab just three blocks past the house, not five.  So your scenario of having Oswald exit the cab in the 900 block would have saved him two blocks, which is only two minutes of walking time, not the ten minutes like you suggest above.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2018, 10:39:29 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2018, 11:47:03 PM »

Yes.

In my opinion, Oswald exited the cab three blocks south of the rooming house (instead of just one block) in an attempt to distance himself from the rooming house in case Whaley somehow came to realize who he gave a ride to at a point in time before the authorities were aware of the rooming house.  In other words, I think Oswald was covering all the possibilities at both ends of the spectrum (make sure the police weren't at the rooming house AND don't let a cab driver know his true address).  Remember, Oswald first walked south after exiting Whaley's cab to throw off Whaley about his true destination.

First of all, at one minute per block, how does walking four extra blocks equate to saving ten minutes?

Anyway, I believe Oswald, seeing that there were no police cars at the rooming house, decided to exit the cab just three blocks past the house, not five.  So your scenario of having Oswald exit the cab in the 900 block would have saved him two blocks, which is only two minutes of walking time, not the ten minutes like you suggest above.

I reckon that Oswald told Whaley that his address was on the 500 block of Beckley and Whaley wrote down the 500 block of Beckley but Oswald realizing that the coast was clear got off at 700, and as the day wore on and Oswald became a just a distant memory, Whaley later referred to his written notes to refresh his memory and saw the 500 block.
And the extra distance of the fare would be probably favourable for his time sheet?

At a google type of every day walking it takes about 7 minutes but we know from Roberts that Oswald came in a rush.

Btw I don't know where the CTs are going with this because the much more powerful evidence is that Earlene Roberts saw Oswald at about 1PM and that's enough time for Oswald to to meet Tippit at the corner of Patton and Tenth

JohnM
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 12:15:35 AM by John Mytton »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2018, 12:14:30 AM »

Yes.

Here's what David Belin said....   It's not my suggestion....  Nearly six minutes to walk back to the rooming house and that's not counting the time in the cab or paying the driver, or walking AWAY from the rooming house....

Mr. BELIN. Let the record show that the stopwatch was 5 minutes and 30 seconds from the commencement of the ride to the end of the ride, and let the record further show that Dr: Goldberg and Mr. Robert Davis from the Texas attorney general's office and I walked back from the point where the Deponent Whaley told us he let the passenger off at the residence at 1026 North Beckley, and that this walk took 5 minutes and 45 seconds.

So ten minutes is a reasonable time.....
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 12:37:10 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2018, 12:14:30 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2018, 12:23:54 AM »

I reckon that Oswald told Whaley that his address was on the 500 block of Beckley and Whaley wrote down the 500 block of Beckley but Oswald realizing that the coast was clear got off at 700, and as the day wore on and Oswald became a just a distant memory, Whaley later referred to his written notes to refresh his memory and saw the 500 block.
And the extra distance of the fare would be probably favourable for his time sheet?

At a google type of every day walking it takes about 7 minutes but we know from Roberts that Oswald came in a rush.

Btw I don't know where the CTs are going with this because the much more powerful evidence is that Earlene Roberts saw Oswald at about 1PM and that's enough time for Oswald to to meet Tippit at the corner of Patton and Tenth

JohnM

Mr Mytton you're not worth debating......  You can be shown solid FACTS and you ignore them and offer some stupid theory in rebuttal.  You're intellectually dishonest.....
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 05:37:28 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2018, 12:34:06 AM »

JohnM

Look at Whaley's manifest.....The last entry says the passenger paid $1.05 for a 4 mile ride.....

The wino who was wearing the blue Workman's uniform that Whaley transported from the Greyhound bus station to the 700 block of N. Beckley paid a fare of 95 cents and Whaley said the meter was just short of clicking to $1.05 when the man exited his taxi...IOW the trip was just short of 4 miles......
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 12:37:36 AM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2018, 12:34:06 AM »

Offline John Anderson

« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2018, 10:01:19 AM »
And Clinton said  "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky''.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2018, 12:19:58 PM »
Why don't you explain this first?

Quote on

The Warren Commission (WC) claimed that Lee Harvey Oswald (LHO) left the Texas School Book Depository (TSBD) and took a bus AND A CAB to get to his rooming house room to retrieve the pistol and jacket.  But as John Mytton showed Captain Will Fritz testified to something else LHO said he did!

Mr. BALL. What did he say?

Mr. FRITZ. He told me he went over and caught a bus and rode the bus to North Beckley near where he lived and went by home and changed clothes and got his pistol and went to the show. I asked him why he took his pistol and he said, "Well, you know about a pistol; I just carried it." Let's see if I asked him anything else right that minute. That is just about it.

Quote off

We simply don't know how Lee was transported from the TSBD to the rooming house... to the theater.....

I believe most reasonable and intelligent folks can assimilate the facts and understand that Lee was NOT he passenger in Whaley's taxi.

And the WC lawyers certainly understood that fact because the worked diligently to  warp and twist the facts in this episode. Primarily by presenting the idea that Lee was guilty and needed to be sure here were no police awaiting his arrival at he rooming house.

When that idea is scrutinized it simply doesn't wash......

And neither does this account.....
He told me he went over and caught a bus and rode the bus to North Beckley near where he lived and went by home and changed clothes and got his pistol and went to the show.

According to the reports filed by the various people at the Saturday interrogation, Lee told them that He had got off the bus and had  taken a taxi and he knew that he had paid 85 cents for that ride.   

IMO the fact that Lee said the fare was 85 cents is a solid indication that he did in fact take a taxi....but it was NOT William Whaley's taxi.

The 85 cent fare would have been the correct fare to transport him from the Greyhound bus depot to the intersection of  Zangs and Beckley.   Recall that Henry Wade told reporters that the cab driver's name was Daryle Glick.....or Click...

The question is:.....Why were the WC lawyers so determined to hide the truth about Lee Oswald's method of transport??? 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2018, 12:19:58 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2018, 03:13:18 PM »
Why would your fantasy conspirators go to the considerable trouble and risk to make up a bus and cab ride story?  Imagine the risk that entails in convincing random witnesses who are on the bus to confirm (or least not deny) that Oswald got on the bus.  And then a cab driver.  How would the conspirators even have a clue which bus or cab would be in position?  What would be the point since the bus went nowhere?  What if Oswald was seen elsewhere or arrested at the same time he was supposed to be on the bus or cab?  It is ludicrous as part of a planned event.  The only possible explanation in a conspiracy scenario is that the conspirators assisted Oswald in his getaway from the TSBD.  But why would they do this is they wanted him dead?  Why assist him in getting away from the TSBD but then abandon him at his boardinghouse?  Why take him there to begin with if they are assisting him?  Why not just keep driving for Mexico?  If they are not assisting him, why not just leave him at the TSBD?  If you are not suggesting a conspiracy here but simply that Oswald got to his boardinghouse via some other means on his own, it doesn't seem to matter much.  You are wrong but it doesn't really matter except as an historical curiosity.