Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Was Lee Oswald the passenger in Whaley's Taxi?  (Read 56784 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Was Lee Oswald the passenger in Whaley's Taxi?
« Reply #264 on: March 22, 2018, 10:12:19 PM »
Advertisement
He told them what he thought about them:  they knew what they were doing and they were trying to railroad him and he wanted his lawyer.

Lee told the police what he thought of them..... 

Yes, I'll bet he did....   and I wouldn't blame him. He knew that the line ups were rigged and he stuck out like a dandelion on a putting green ......

they knew what they were doing

"They knew what they were doing".....    Did the cops tell Whaley "what they were doing"  ( rigging the line up)  or was that Whaley's observation?

they were trying to railroad him    Did Lee tell the cops and the viewers of the line up that they were railroading him? ...or was that Whaley's observation?     Personally, I doubt that Lee would have told the cops that they were railroading him....I believe that was Whaley's observation ( And a blind man could have seen that the lineup was rigged.)

He wanted his lawyer     Since Lee had also said this at the midnight parade in which Ruby couldn't get close enough to kill Lee Oswald ...I have no doubt that Whaley did hear Lee protesting his rights to legal representation.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 11:21:28 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #264 on: March 22, 2018, 10:12:19 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #265 on: March 23, 2018, 01:47:50 AM »
Personally, I doubt that Lee would have told the cops that they were railroading him.

Why?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #266 on: March 23, 2018, 07:15:46 PM »
Why?

Personally, I doubt that Lee would have told the cops that they were railroading him.

Why?

Simply because It doesn't sound like Lee's words.....

He said stuff like... "I emphatically deny these charges"  and "They've arrested me because I lived in Russia"

"I want a jacket like these boys are wearing"  and "I've been denied legal representation"

The sum total of the outbursts from Lee added up to being railroaded ....and Whaley recognized that Lee was being railroaded, and he told the WC lawyer that.   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #266 on: March 23, 2018, 07:15:46 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #267 on: March 24, 2018, 10:41:08 PM »
"Oswald was indeed worried about being railroaded"

I believe that's true.....But that's not the point.    My contention is that I doubt that Lee would have used words like...."These cops are railroading me"....or..." I'm being railroaded"   These sound like the words of a taxi driver.....

Lee had earlier told reporters that he'd been denied legal representation.....   He never said...."I'm being railroaded.

Bill....  would you mind telling me again how the man in the blue workman's clothes ( who you believe was Lee Oswald) would know that he taxi driver would take a route that passed by the rooming house at 1026 N. Beckley?       

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #268 on: March 25, 2018, 06:24:04 AM »
Bill....  would you mind telling me again how the man in the blue workman's clothes ( who you believe was Lee Oswald) would know that he taxi driver would take a route that passed by the rooming house at 1026 N. Beckley?     

Look at a map.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #268 on: March 25, 2018, 06:24:04 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #269 on: March 25, 2018, 02:11:42 PM »
Look at a map.

My map shows a Marsalias street exit off the viaduct ......  How would Whaley's passenger in the blue work clothes know that Whaley wouldn't exit.?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #270 on: March 30, 2018, 01:30:37 PM »
Look at a map.

The map shows that the majority of the traffic would exit at Marsalias.....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #270 on: March 30, 2018, 01:30:37 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #271 on: June 03, 2018, 02:36:30 AM »
You really believe he left the TSBD to go to a movie? The mind boggles. How would I know what Oswald was feeling and thinking after he left? I'd hazard a guess he didn't expect to get out alive but he did. I'd hazard a guess he didn't know himself what he was going to do next. Knowing if the rifle was found it would be traced back to him it would seem likely he wasn't intending to just carry on with life as normal. Of course if the rifle wasn't found things would be different. We can only speculate. He damn well nearly got out the building unseen despite the odds of that being pretty low. So low a lot of folks won't believe he got down the stairs the way he did. He wasn't quite unseen though because Truly and Baker saw him. Had that not happened Truly may not even have noticed he was missing later who knows. Had that not happened Tippit might not have stopped him and been shot who knows.

Brown's speculation regarding driving past his rooming house to check it was clear, before stopping  is a fair one. There's not a lot more we can do except speculate regarding a lot of his actions. One thing is for sure though. He didn't go to the cinema because he wanted to watch a movie. You know that. You're up there with Caprio in the land of xxxx stirring.

This was reply # 27. I highlighted the only parts of it that I agreed with.
Folks say we can only speculate and then speculate further on :-\

This is from reply # 68...[got the thread back on track]
by John Iacoletti
In his first testimony taken on March 12, he said:

"But when I got pretty close to 500 block at Neches and North Beckley which is the 500 block, he said, "This will do fine," and I pulled over to the curb right there."

Note that Neches doesn't even intersect with Beckley.

Then they reinterviewed him on April 8 and asked him the same questions again (why?) at which point his memory must have "improved":

Mr. WHALEY. When I got to Beckley almost to the intersection of Beckley and Neely, he said, "This will do right here." and I pulled up to the curb
Mr. BELIN. Was that the 500 block of North Beckley?
Mr. WHALEY. No, sir; that was the 700 block.
Mr. BELIN. You let him out not at the 500 block but the 700 block of North Beckley?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir.
Mr. BELIN. Had you crossed Neely Street yet when you let him off?
Mr. WHALEY. No, sir.
Mr. BELIN. About how far north of Neely street did you let the man off?
Mr. WHALEY. About 20 feet.

Perhaps they should have brought Whaley in and had Oswald identify him   ;)
The interrogation notes states that Oswald admitted taking a cab.
He said he paid $.85 cents.
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=29104#relPageId=6&tab=page
[Pages 6 & 7]
The cabbie [affidavit] said that the charge was $.95 and that his fare gave him a dollar and he could just go ahead and keep it. The cab driver stated [affidavit] that his fare told him 500 N Beckley. The reason why [even if Oswald was the passenger] remains a mystery.
If it was a conspirator then he might have gone the few blocks over to shoot Tippit.
Wm Whaley was killed in a head on collision in 1965.

Take a look at some more of Whaley's April 8 testimony....
If one hasn't read this...how could they truly say they have researched this case?
From what I understand of David Belin, he was a real prick.

Mr. BELIN. Now I notice in the statement there it says that you traveled Wood Street to Houston Street, turned left and went over the viaduct to Zangs Boulevard. You see that statement there?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes.
Mr. BELIN. "Traveled Zangs to Beckley and turned left and traveled on Beckley until I reached the 500 block of North Beckley. When I got in the 500 block of North Beckley he said this will do and I stopped."
Now is that what you told them on that day?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir; that is what I told them on that day.
Mr. BELIN. Well, was that the fact that you drove until you reached the 500 block, or not?
Mr. WHALEY. No, sir, I didn't drive until I reached the 500 block. I drove until I reached Beckley and Neely. If you would be in my place when they took me down there, when they had to force their way through the reporters to get me in the office, they wrote that up, and I signed it, because I told them that the man said he wanted to go to the 500 block of North Beckley.
Mr. BELIN. All right. Now in here it says, "The No. 3 man who I now know is Lee Harvey Oswald was the man who I carried from the Greyhound Bus Station* * *"
Was this the No. 3 or the No. 2 man?

Mr. WHALEY. I signed that statement before they carried me down to see the lineup. I signed this statement, and then they carried me down to the lineup at 2:30 in the afternoon.
Mr. BELIN. You signed this affidavit before you saw the lineup.
Mr. WHALEY. Well, now, let's get this straight. You are getting me confused.
Mr. BELIN. Now, I will put it this way. There was an FBI reporter, FBI interviewer with you?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir; there was.
Mr. BELIN. And there was an interview with the Dallas Police Department?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes. And Bill Alexander from the district attorney's office was there, also.
Mr. BELIN. All right, now, the last sentence.
Mr. WHALEY. Let me tell you how they fixed this up. They had me in the office saying that. They were writing it out on paper, and they wrote it out on paper, and this officer, Leavelle, I think that is his name, before he finished and before I signed he wanted me to go with him to the lineup, so I went to the lineup, and I come back and he asked me which one it was, which number it was, and I identified the man, and we went back up in the office again, and then they had me sign this. That is as near as I can remember.
My recollection for that afternoon in that office was very disturbed because everytime they would open the door, some flash camera would flash in your face and everybody coming in and out and asking you questions.
Mr. BELIN. You mean reporters?
Mr. WHALEY. I made this statement more to Bill Alexander, because I tried to talk to him more. Everybody was trying to talk to me at once.
Mr. BELIN. When you saw the statement the first time, did you see the statement before you went down to see the lineup?
Mr. WHALEY. No; I didn't see the statement. I don't think I did. I am not for sure.
I think I signed it after I came back. It was on paper. They were writing it up on paper.
Mr. BELIN. They were writing?
Mr. WHALEY. Before I left there, I signed this typewritten, because they had to get, a stenographer typed it up. I had to wait.
Mr. BELIN. But was this before or after you saw the lineup.
Mr. WHALEY. After she typed it up. It was after.
Mr. BELIN. It was after?
Mr. WHALEY. That is when I signed it, after.
Mr. BELIN. Now, when you signed it--what I want to know is, before you went down, had they already put on there a statement that the man you saw was the No. 8 man in the lineup?
Mr. WHALEY. I don't remember that. I don't remember whether it said three or two, or what.
Whaley couldn't seem to remember if he did or didn't sign a statement before the line-up?  #8 man? What is Belin talking about?

Mr. WHALEY. When she wanted to know if she could have the cab, I don't know, but I got a faint hunch he did tell her she could have this one, or something like that. What it was, I was watching my left-hand side. I wanted to pull out when the light changed.
Mr. BELIN. Now when you saw a lineup down at the police station----
Mr. WHALEY. He didn't have on the same clothes. He had on a white T-shirt and black pants, and that is all he had on.
Mr. BELIN. Do you remember now whether the man that you saw there was the No. 2 or the No. 3 man?
Mr. WHALEY. I will admit he was No. 2.
Mr. BELIN. No. 2 from your left, or from your right?
Mr. WHALEY. He was the third man out in the line of four as they walked out in a line. They put the first man out on the right, and the last one on my left, and as near as I can remember, he was No. 2, but it was the man I hauled.
Mr. BELIN. It says here the No. 3.
Mr. WHALEY. Well, I am not trying to mix nobody up. I'm giving it to you to the best of my ability.
Mr. BELIN. Your memory right now is that it was the No. 2 man?
Mr. WHALEY. That is the way it is right now. I don't think it will change again. But on that afternoon, all I saw was the man that I hauled up there, and they asked me which number he was, and I said No. 2. I am almost sure I did, but I couldn't get up to swear to it that I did, sir.
Mr. BELIN. Just one more minute, if you would, please? Mr. Whaley, earlier in your testimony here you said that Lee Harvey Oswald was No. 3. Do you remember saying that?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir; but I meant that he was the third one out when they walked out with him. I said from my right.
Mr. BELIN. From your right he was No. 3?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir.
Mr. BELIN. What number was over his head?
Mr. WHALEY. Well, they--when they walked over the line and they stopped him, No. 2 was over his head, but he was pulling on both of the other men on each side and arguing with this detective, so he didn't stay under any certain number.
He was moving like that.
Mr. BELIN. Did you ever see him later on television?
Mr. WHALEY. No, sir; I didn't.
Yeah right
Mr. BELIN. You never did see his picture in the paper?
Mr. WHALEY. I saw his picture in the paper the next morning, sir.
Mr. BELIN. That would have been Sunday morning, the 24th?
Mr. WHALEY. I guess it was, if you say it was, sir.
Mr. BELIN. I don't want to---
Mr. WHALEY. I don't want to get you mixed up and get your whole investigation mixed up through my ignorance, but a good defense attorney could take me apart. I get confused. I try to tell you exactly what happened, to the best of my ability, when they brought Oswald out in the lineup of four. He was the third man out. I don't know which way they count them.
"Defense attorney"? Oswald was dead
Mr. BELIN. Let me ask you this. What day of the week did you take this cab passenger, on a Friday or Saturday?
Mr. WHALEY. I would have to see my trip sheet.
Mr. BELIN. You don't remember?
Mr. WHALEY. No, sir.
Mr. BELIN. Was it the day of the motorcade?
Mr. WHALEY. The day of the President's parade, yes, sir.
So rattled, he didn't know what day it was
Mr. BELIN. When we went out there today, when we started the stopwatch from the Greyhound bus station to the 700 block of North Beckley, do You know about how many minutes that was on the stop watch?
Mr. WHALEY. A little more than 5 minutes, between 5 and 6 minutes.
Mr. BELIN. Would your trip that day, on November 22, have been longer or shorter, or about the same time as the trip we took today?
Mr. WHALEY. It would be approximately the same time, sir, give or take a few seconds, not minutes. Because the man drove just about as near to my driving as possible. We made every light that I made, and we stopped on the lights that I stopped on.
Mr. BELIN. Let the record show that the stopwatch was 5 minutes and 30 seconds from the commencement of the ride to the end of the ride.............................
Yeah, let's shave every minute ...every second we can to make things work :-\