Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: Was Lee Oswald the passenger in Whaley's Taxi?  (Read 20990 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

• This Member Has Made
    A Forum Donation!
Re: Was Lee Oswald the passenger in Whaley's Taxi?
« Reply #270 on: March 30, 2018, 01:30:37 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Look at a map.

The map shows that the majority of the traffic would exit at Marsalias.....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #270 on: March 30, 2018, 01:30:37 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

• Mk 4:22
« Reply #271 on: June 03, 2018, 02:36:30 AM »
You really believe he left the TSBD to go to a movie? The mind boggles. How would I know what Oswald was feeling and thinking after he left? I'd hazard a guess he didn't expect to get out alive but he did. I'd hazard a guess he didn't know himself what he was going to do next. Knowing if the rifle was found it would be traced back to him it would seem likely he wasn't intending to just carry on with life as normal. Of course if the rifle wasn't found things would be different. We can only speculate. He damn well nearly got out the building unseen despite the odds of that being pretty low. So low a lot of folks won't believe he got down the stairs the way he did. He wasn't quite unseen though because Truly and Baker saw him. Had that not happened Truly may not even have noticed he was missing later who knows. Had that not happened Tippit might not have stopped him and been shot who knows.

Brown's speculation regarding driving past his rooming house to check it was clear, before stopping  is a fair one. There's not a lot more we can do except speculate regarding a lot of his actions. One thing is for sure though. He didn't go to the cinema because he wanted to watch a movie. You know that. You're up there with Caprio in the land of xxxx stirring.

This was reply # 27. I highlighted the only parts of it that I agreed with.
Folks say we can only speculate and then speculate further on :-\

This is from reply # 68...[got the thread back on track]
by John Iacoletti
In his first testimony taken on March 12, he said:

"But when I got pretty close to 500 block at Neches and North Beckley which is the 500 block, he said, "This will do fine," and I pulled over to the curb right there."

Note that Neches doesn't even intersect with Beckley.

Then they reinterviewed him on April 8 and asked him the same questions again (why?) at which point his memory must have "improved":

Mr. WHALEY. When I got to Beckley almost to the intersection of Beckley and Neely, he said, "This will do right here." and I pulled up to the curb
Mr. BELIN. Was that the 500 block of North Beckley?
Mr. WHALEY. No, sir; that was the 700 block.
Mr. BELIN. You let him out not at the 500 block but the 700 block of North Beckley?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir.
Mr. BELIN. Had you crossed Neely Street yet when you let him off?
Mr. WHALEY. No, sir.
Mr. BELIN. About how far north of Neely street did you let the man off?
Mr. WHALEY. About 20 feet.

Perhaps they should have brought Whaley in and had Oswald identify him   ;)
The interrogation notes states that Oswald admitted taking a cab.
He said he paid $.85 cents.
[Pages 6 & 7]
The cabbie [affidavit] said that the charge was $.95 and that his fare gave him a dollar and he could just go ahead and keep it. The cab driver stated [affidavit] that his fare told him 500 N Beckley. The reason why [even if Oswald was the passenger] remains a mystery.
If it was a conspirator then he might have gone the few blocks over to shoot Tippit.
Wm Whaley was killed in a head on collision in 1965.

Take a look at some more of Whaley's April 8 testimony....
If one hasn't read this...how could they truly say they have researched this case?
From what I understand of David Belin, he was a real prick.

Mr. BELIN. Now I notice in the statement there it says that you traveled Wood Street to Houston Street, turned left and went over the viaduct to Zangs Boulevard. You see that statement there?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes.
Mr. BELIN. "Traveled Zangs to Beckley and turned left and traveled on Beckley until I reached the 500 block of North Beckley. When I got in the 500 block of North Beckley he said this will do and I stopped."
Now is that what you told them on that day?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir; that is what I told them on that day.
Mr. BELIN. Well, was that the fact that you drove until you reached the 500 block, or not?
Mr. WHALEY. No, sir, I didn't drive until I reached the 500 block. I drove until I reached Beckley and Neely. If you would be in my place when they took me down there, when they had to force their way through the reporters to get me in the office, they wrote that up, and I signed it, because I told them that the man said he wanted to go to the 500 block of North Beckley.
Mr. BELIN. All right. Now in here it says, "The No. 3 man who I now know is Lee Harvey Oswald was the man who I carried from the Greyhound Bus Station* * *"
Was this the No. 3 or the No. 2 man?

Mr. WHALEY. I signed that statement before they carried me down to see the lineup. I signed this statement, and then they carried me down to the lineup at 2:30 in the afternoon.
Mr. BELIN. You signed this affidavit before you saw the lineup.
Mr. WHALEY. Well, now, let's get this straight. You are getting me confused.
Mr. BELIN. Now, I will put it this way. There was an FBI reporter, FBI interviewer with you?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir; there was.
Mr. BELIN. And there was an interview with the Dallas Police Department?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes. And Bill Alexander from the district attorney's office was there, also.
Mr. BELIN. All right, now, the last sentence.
Mr. WHALEY. Let me tell you how they fixed this up. They had me in the office saying that. They were writing it out on paper, and they wrote it out on paper, and this officer, Leavelle, I think that is his name, before he finished and before I signed he wanted me to go with him to the lineup, so I went to the lineup, and I come back and he asked me which one it was, which number it was, and I identified the man, and we went back up in the office again, and then they had me sign this. That is as near as I can remember.
My recollection for that afternoon in that office was very disturbed because everytime they would open the door, some flash camera would flash in your face and everybody coming in and out and asking you questions.
Mr. BELIN. You mean reporters?
Mr. WHALEY. I made this statement more to Bill Alexander, because I tried to talk to him more. Everybody was trying to talk to me at once.
Mr. BELIN. When you saw the statement the first time, did you see the statement before you went down to see the lineup?
Mr. WHALEY. No; I didn't see the statement. I don't think I did. I am not for sure.
I think I signed it after I came back. It was on paper. They were writing it up on paper.
Mr. BELIN. They were writing?
Mr. WHALEY. Before I left there, I signed this typewritten, because they had to get, a stenographer typed it up. I had to wait.
Mr. BELIN. But was this before or after you saw the lineup.
Mr. WHALEY. After she typed it up. It was after.
Mr. BELIN. It was after?
Mr. WHALEY. That is when I signed it, after.
Mr. BELIN. Now, when you signed it--what I want to know is, before you went down, had they already put on there a statement that the man you saw was the No. 8 man in the lineup?
Mr. WHALEY. I don't remember that. I don't remember whether it said three or two, or what.
Whaley couldn't seem to remember if he did or didn't sign a statement before the line-up?  #8 man? What is Belin talking about?

Mr. WHALEY. When she wanted to know if she could have the cab, I don't know, but I got a faint hunch he did tell her she could have this one, or something like that. What it was, I was watching my left-hand side. I wanted to pull out when the light changed.
Mr. BELIN. Now when you saw a lineup down at the police station----
Mr. WHALEY. He didn't have on the same clothes. He had on a white T-shirt and black pants, and that is all he had on.
Mr. BELIN. Do you remember now whether the man that you saw there was the No. 2 or the No. 3 man?
Mr. WHALEY. I will admit he was No. 2.
Mr. BELIN. No. 2 from your left, or from your right?
Mr. WHALEY. He was the third man out in the line of four as they walked out in a line. They put the first man out on the right, and the last one on my left, and as near as I can remember, he was No. 2, but it was the man I hauled.
Mr. BELIN. It says here the No. 3.
Mr. WHALEY. Well, I am not trying to mix nobody up. I'm giving it to you to the best of my ability.
Mr. BELIN. Your memory right now is that it was the No. 2 man?
Mr. WHALEY. That is the way it is right now. I don't think it will change again. But on that afternoon, all I saw was the man that I hauled up there, and they asked me which number he was, and I said No. 2. I am almost sure I did, but I couldn't get up to swear to it that I did, sir.
Mr. BELIN. Just one more minute, if you would, please? Mr. Whaley, earlier in your testimony here you said that Lee Harvey Oswald was No. 3. Do you remember saying that?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir; but I meant that he was the third one out when they walked out with him. I said from my right.
Mr. BELIN. From your right he was No. 3?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir.
Mr. BELIN. What number was over his head?
Mr. WHALEY. Well, they--when they walked over the line and they stopped him, No. 2 was over his head, but he was pulling on both of the other men on each side and arguing with this detective, so he didn't stay under any certain number.
He was moving like that.
Mr. BELIN. Did you ever see him later on television?
Mr. WHALEY. No, sir; I didn't.
Yeah right
Mr. BELIN. You never did see his picture in the paper?
Mr. WHALEY. I saw his picture in the paper the next morning, sir.
Mr. BELIN. That would have been Sunday morning, the 24th?
Mr. WHALEY. I guess it was, if you say it was, sir.
Mr. BELIN. I don't want to---
Mr. WHALEY. I don't want to get you mixed up and get your whole investigation mixed up through my ignorance, but a good defense attorney could take me apart. I get confused. I try to tell you exactly what happened, to the best of my ability, when they brought Oswald out in the lineup of four. He was the third man out. I don't know which way they count them.
"Defense attorney"? Oswald was dead
Mr. BELIN. Let me ask you this. What day of the week did you take this cab passenger, on a Friday or Saturday?
Mr. WHALEY. I would have to see my trip sheet.
Mr. BELIN. You don't remember?
Mr. WHALEY. No, sir.
Mr. BELIN. Was it the day of the motorcade?
Mr. WHALEY. The day of the President's parade, yes, sir.
So rattled, he didn't know what day it was
Mr. BELIN. When we went out there today, when we started the stopwatch from the Greyhound bus station to the 700 block of North Beckley, do You know about how many minutes that was on the stop watch?
Mr. WHALEY. A little more than 5 minutes, between 5 and 6 minutes.
Mr. BELIN. Would your trip that day, on November 22, have been longer or shorter, or about the same time as the trip we took today?
Mr. WHALEY. It would be approximately the same time, sir, give or take a few seconds, not minutes. Because the man drove just about as near to my driving as possible. We made every light that I made, and we stopped on the lights that I stopped on.
Mr. BELIN. Let the record show that the stopwatch was 5 minutes and 30 seconds from the commencement of the ride to the end of the ride.............................
Yeah, let's shave every minute ...every second we can to make things work :-\

Offline Walt Cakebread

• This Member Has Made
    A Forum Donation!
« Reply #272 on: June 03, 2018, 01:27:28 PM »
This was reply # 27. I highlighted the only parts of it that I agreed with.
Folks say we can only speculate and then speculate further on :-\

This is from reply # 68...[got the thread back on track]
by John Iacoletti   
Perhaps they should have brought Whaley in and had Oswald identify him   ;)
The interrogation notes states that Oswald admitted taking a cab.
He said he paid $.85 cents.
[Pages 6 & 7]
The cabbie [affidavit] said that the charge was $.95 and that his fare gave him a dollar and he could just go ahead and keep it. The cab driver stated [affidavit] that his fare told him 500 N Beckley. The reason why [even if Oswald was the passenger] remains a mystery.
If it was a conspirator then he might have gone the few blocks over to shoot Tippit.
Wm Whaley was killed in a head on collision in 1965.

Take a look at some more of Whaley's April 8 testimony....
If one hasn't read this...how could they truly say they have researched this case?
From what I understand of David Belin, he was a real prick.
Whaley couldn't seem to remember if he did or didn't sign a statement before the line-up?  #8 man? What is Belin talking about?
  Yeah right
********************************************"Defense attorney"? Oswald was dead
**********************************************************So rattled, he didn't know what day it was
**************************************************Yeah, let's shave every minute ...every second we can to make things work :-\

Jerry...I believe that you're on the right track.....Lee Oswald was not guilty and he was a naive dupe who was used by Hoover's "Extra Special" Special agents as the patsy that Lee Oswald recognized he was.

The Warren Commission was nothing but a Special Blue Ribbon Cover Up Committee which was composed of shyster lawyers.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #272 on: June 03, 2018, 01:27:28 PM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #273 on: September 22, 2018, 12:05:40 AM »
Hugh Aynesworth reporting on 28 November, 1963 about Whaley and his Navy Cross combat award.:

There is no available record, so far, of Whaley's professed award of the Navy Cross.

Whaley was born in June, 1908 as recently as in the information displayed on his son William W Whaley, Jr's 1931 birth certificate, but since then he was born in 1905 although his parents married in 1907 according to Hopkins County, TX records and the same familoy bible that describes Whaley's birth as in 1908.
UPDATED: Whaley's 1942 Selective Service document indicates he may have written his birth date as June 19, 1908,
three years later than the date on his death certificate and gravestone.

His son and namesake William's 1997 obit lists William Jr's aunt Alice Patterson as his mother and mentions no father.
Whaley Sr's obit does not mention his namesake son, William, Jr.

UPDATE:
Albuquerque Journal from Albuquerque, New Mexico on October 30 ...

Oct 30, 1984 - SEALES Mr. Alvin S. Seales, age 73 and a resident here 21 years, died Monday in a local hospital following an illness. He is survived by his wife, Alice; a son William W. Whaley and wife Dorothy; granddaughter Jamy Whaley; grandson, William W. Whaley Jr. and wife Nancy, all of Albuquerque; a brother ..

June 24, 1997........
WHALEY William Wayne Whaley, 65, passed away unexpectedly on June 18, 1997 in Michigan while on vacation. Husband of 43 years to Dorothy; father and father-in-law of Jamy and Gregg Peevy and Bill Jr. and Dee Whaley, all of Albuquerque; son of Alice (Pat) Scales of Albuquerque. Mr. Whaley retired from Us Alamos National Ubs in 1993 after 17 years. A memorial service will be held Wednesday, 3:00 p.m. at French Mortuary, Umas Blvd. Chapel, 10500 Umas NE. Cremation has taken place. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Noonday Ministry, P.O. Box 8769, Albuquerque, NM 87198 or New Mexico Boys and Girls Ranch, 6209 Hendrix NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110. French Mortuary, 10500 Umas NE. Church with Rev. Archie Parker officiating. Interment to follow at Santa Fe National Cemetery with Wilson Cox Jr., David Cox, David O'Dell Jr., Timoth O'Dell, Patrick O'Dell and Jon Palmer serving as pallbearers......

ABQJournal Online - Albuquerque Journal Obituaries
Jan 30, 1999 - Seales -- Alice (Pat) Seales, passed away Wednesday morning, January 27, 1999, at Sunrise Mission Manor Care and Rehabilitation. She was 91 years old. She was preceded in death by her husband, Alvin S. Seales; and her son, William Whaley. She is survived by her daughter-in-law, Dorothy Whaley; ...

« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 12:27:49 AM by Tom Scully »

Offline Walt Cakebread

• This Member Has Made
    A Forum Donation!
« Reply #274 on: September 22, 2018, 02:56:14 AM »
Hugh Aynesworth reporting on 28 November, 1963 about Whaley and his Navy Cross combat award.:

UPDATE:

This newspaper story is one of the biggest distortions and exaggeration of the facts I've ever seen....It's a CROCK!

But...There is one thing that Aynesworth attributes to William Whaley that Whaley reiterated during his WC testimony.... Whaley said; "I didn't notice anything particularly unusual, ( because the guy was just another wino ) "I've hauled a lot of winos in my time"

Whaley made this same statement to the WC....  IOW..The man was NOT Lee Oswald because Lee sure as hell did not look like a wino.

Another point that refutes Ayneworth's fairy tale ....Lee departs the bus....Aynesworth writes..."The time is now approximately 12:42 to 12:45. Oswald hurries south across Elm to Lamar, then two blocks south to to the Greyhound Bus Terminal on the corner of Lamar and Commerce. " CAN I TAKE THIS CAB" he shouts to the driver.

According to Aynesworth, Lee would have arrived at the Taxi Stand at the Bus Station at about 12:50  ....Hmmmmm  William Whaley said that the man who looked like a "wino" and was dressed in BLUE work uniform got in his cab at 12:30.....And the man did NOT shout at him....Whaley said that the man simply asked if he could have the cab.....

With liars like Aynesworth reporting the news....( His imaginary news)  it's no wonder that the readers thought that Lee Oswald really was a killer.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 01:07:36 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #274 on: September 22, 2018, 02:56:14 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

• This Member Has Made
    A Forum Donation!
« Reply #275 on: September 22, 2018, 10:55:26 PM »
This newspaper story is one of the biggest distortions and exaggeration of the facts I've ever seen....It's a CROCK!

But...There is one thing that Aynesworth attributes to William Whaley that Whaley reiterated during his WC testimony.... Whaley said; "I didn't notice anything particularly unusual, ( because the guy was just another wino ) "I've hauled a lot of winos in my time"

Whaley made this same statement to the WC....  IOW..The man was NOT Lee Oswald because Lee sure as hell did not look like a wino.

Another point that refutes Ayneworth's fairy tale ....Lee departs the bus....Aynesworth writes..."The time is now approximately 12:42 to 12:45. Oswald hurries south across Elm to Lamar, then two blocks south to to the Greyhound Bus Terminal on the corner of Lamar and Commerce. " CAN I TAKE THIS CAB" he shouts to the driver.

According to Aynesworth, Lee would have arrived at the Taxi Stand at the Bus Station at about 12:50  ....Hmmmmm  William Whaley said that the man who looked like a "wino" and was dressed in BLUE work uniform got in his cab at 12:30.....And the man did NOT shout at him....Whaley said that the man simply asked if he could have the cab.....

With liars like Aynesworth reporting the news....( His imaginary news)  it's no wonder that the readers thought that Lee Oswald really was a killer.

Aynesworth declares that he had "retraced" the arch Villain's foot steps after the coup d e'tat and timed the villain's movements as he "escaped'   

Aynesworth wrote:....'More than 30 minutes had elapsed since the assassination.  Oswald was still only four blocks away."

Aynesworth retraced Lee's footsteps ....Then why doesn't his reenactment concur with the story that LBJ's Cover Up committee dumped on us??

The Committee's official tale says that Lee Oswald departed Whaley's taxi about twenty minutes after the assassination, but Aynesworth says that Lee was in Whaley's Taxi just four blocks away from the TSBD " more than 30 minutes"
 after the shooting

The Fact is....Lee Oswald was never in William Whaley's taxi...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 12:05:12 AM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #276 on: June 16, 2019, 05:37:57 AM »
Whaley's testimony indicates Leavelle had his hands full on Saturday, or Whaley was attempting to extricate himself from a lie.
We know Leavelle had his hands full on Sunday. Why wasn't his partner, Joe Cody, summoned back to Dallas from Shreveport, (Cody had flown there on personal business in his own plane...) given the emergency, not  even for duty two days after the assassination?

DPD Det. Joe Cody, ex-hockey player skating friend of Ruby uncle= Oswald contact

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #276 on: June 16, 2019, 05:37:57 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

• This Member Has Made
    A Forum Donation!
« Reply #277 on: June 17, 2019, 01:50:10 AM »
Whaley's testimony indicates Leavelle had his hands full on Saturday, or Whaley was attempting to extricate himself from a lie.
We know Leavelle had his hands full on Sunday. Why wasn't his partner, Joe Cody, summoned back to Dallas from Shreveport, (Cody had flown there on personal business in his own plane...) given the emergency, not  even for duty two days after the assassination?

Yes.... Leavealle had his hands full....AND ....Whaley was trying to extricate himself for the mess he'd got himself into with his BS.......

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #277 on: June 17, 2019, 01:50:10 AM »

Mobile View