Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Was Lee Oswald the passenger in Whaley's Taxi?  (Read 56778 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Was Lee Oswald the passenger in Whaley's Taxi?
« on: February 04, 2018, 01:42:04 PM »
Advertisement
When reviewing the testimony of William Whaley, the taxi cab driver who the Warren Commission accepted as the cabbie who transported Lee Oswald to Oakcliff, it is obvious that they glossed over or manipulated Whaley's statements.

The primary statement that changes the entire premise that Whaley transported Lee Oswald is Whaley's statement that the man entered his cab at the Greyhound Bus station at 12:30 PM.

It is a fact that President John Kennedy was murdered at 12:30 PM 11/22/63......

Since the official tale has Lee Oswald as the arch villain and Lone Nut who murdered JFK.....then he could not have been the passenger in Whaley's cab ......unless Lee Oswald had the ability to be at two different places at the same time.

I've always found Whaley's description of the man he transported to Oakcliff interesting.  Here he clearly thought the man had just got off a Greyhound bus and was a "Wino".......  There isn't a single photo of Lee Oswald in which he looks like Whaley's description.

When you drive a taxi that long, you
learn to judge people, and what I actually thought of the man when he
got in was that he was a wino who had been off his bottle for about
two days. That is the way he looked, sir. That was my opinion of him.

Mr. BALL. What was there about his appearance that gave you that
impression? Hair mussed?

Mr. WHALEY. Just the slow way he walked up. He didn't talk. He wasn't
in any hurry. He wasn't nervous or anything.

Mr. BALL. He didn't run?

Mr. WHALEY. No, sir.

Mr. BALL. Did he look dirty?

Mr. WHALEY. He looked like his clothes had been slept in, sir, but he
wasn't actually dirty. The T-shirt was a little soiled around the
collar, but the bottom part of it was white. You have to know those
winos, or they will get in and ride with you and there isn't nothing
you can do but call the police. The city gets the fine and you get
nothing.

Bookhout wrote, "Following his departure form the Texas School Book Depository, he boarded a city bus to his residence and obtained a transfer upon departure from the bus. He stated that officers at the time of arresting him took the transfer out of his pocket?.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 12:37:28 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

Was Lee Oswald the passenger in Whaley's Taxi?
« on: February 04, 2018, 01:42:04 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Was Lee Oswald the passenger in Whaley's Taxi?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 01:54:05 PM »
When reviewing the testimony of William Whaley, the taxi cab driver who the Warren Commission accepted s the cabbie who transported Lee Oswald to Oakcliff, it is obvious that they glossed over or manipulated Whaley's statements.

The primary statement that changes the entire premise that Whaley transported Lee Oswald is Whaley's statement that the man entered his cab at the Greyhound Bus station at 12:30 PM.

It is a fact that President John Kennedy was murdered at 12:30 PM 11/22/63......

Since the official tale has Lee Oswald as the arch villain and Lone Nut who murdered JFK.....then he could not have been the passenger in Whaley's cab ......unless Lee Oswald had the ability to be at two different places at the same time.

I've always found Whaley's description of the man he transported to Oakcliff interesting.  Here he clearly thought the man had just got off a Greyhound bus and was a "Wino".......  There isn't a single photo of Lee Oswald in which he looks like Whaley's description.

When you drive a taxi that long, you
learn to judge people, and what I actually thought of the man when he
got in was that he was a wino who had been off his bottle for about
two days. That is the way he looked, sir. That was my opinion of him.

Mr. BALL. What was there about his appearance that gave you that
impression? Hair mussed?

Mr. WHALEY. Just the slow way he walked up. He didn't talk. He wasn't
in any hurry. He wasn't nervous or anything.

Mr. BALL. He didn't run?

Mr. WHALEY. No, sir.

Mr. BALL. Did he look dirty?

Mr. WHALEY. He looked like his clothes had been slept in, sir, but he
wasn't actually dirty. The T-shirt was a little soiled around the
collar, but the bottom part of it was white. You have to know those
winos, or they will get in and ride with you and there isn't nothing
you can do but call the police. The city gets the fine and you get
nothing.

Bookhout wrote, "Following his departure form the Texas School Book Depository, he boarded a city bus to his residence and obtained a transfer upon departure from the bus. He stated that officers at the time of arresting him took the transfer out of his pocket?.

Mr Mytton posted this.....

Whaley testified that the man entered his cab at 12:30......    Not 12:48.

Offline Anthony Clayden

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 08:16:01 PM »
Walt,

People did not have as much access to time devices in the 60's and often were less precise than people today, who are saturated with time keeping devices (watch, mobile phones, PC's).
12:30 could mean anywhere within 15 mins of that time.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 08:16:01 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 09:12:08 PM »

JohnM

Offline Michael O'Brian

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 09:12:48 PM »
Walt,

People did not have as much access to time devices in the 60's and often were less precise than people today, who are saturated with time keeping devices (watch, mobile phones, PC's).

Would cars have had a time clock in the early 60's? Taxis must have kept a precise watch on the what hour of day it was.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 10:53:41 PM by Michael O'Brian »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 09:12:48 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 09:22:34 PM »
Walt,

Whaley was required o keep a log of his trips.....He said he arrived at the Greyhound bus depot at 12:30.....and wanted to go inside to buy a package of cigarettes but this young man approached and requested his cab.....

Whaley KNEW that he arrived at 12:30.....  Which was the time of the murder.....  The murderer could not have been entering Whaley's cab and murdering JFK at the same time.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 09:27:20 PM »

JohnM

Whaley's affidavit reads......."I was sitting at Lamar and Jackson at the Greyhound bus station a 12:30"----

It was NOT 12:48......

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 09:27:20 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2018, 09:29:41 PM »
Walt,

Exactly, Whaley's times didn't need to be precise.

Mr. BALL. Now, what happened after that, will you tell us in your own words what he did?
Mr. WHALEY. Well, on this which was the 14th trip when I picked up at the Greyhound I marked it 12:30 to 12:45.
Mr. BALL. You say that can be off 15 minutes?
Mr. WHALEY. That can be off either direction.
Mr. BALL. Anything up to 15 minutes, you say?
Mr. WHALEY. Yes, sir; I wrote that trip up the same time I wrote the one up from the Continental bus station to the Greyhound, I marked this 12:15 to 12:30 and started 12:30 to 12:45. And the next one starts at 1:15 to 1:30 and it goes on all day long every 15 minutes the time keeps pretty approximate.

Whaley didn't even use a watch.

Mr. BALL. That is right. I am glad you have that copy.
Mr. WHALEY. I thought maybe you might need it. You look down there it says Greyhound, 500 North Beckley, I think it is marked 12:30 to 12:45. Now that could have been 10 minutes off in each direction because I didn't use a watch, I just guess, in other words, all my trips are marked about 15 minutes each.

And Whaley then goes on to explain that the money and the trip meter were all that was required by the city ordinance.

Mr. WHALEY. It is a trip sheet manifest. The company gets the amount of money you have run, your meter reading and all, and they have to keep it because of the city ordinance requirement that the taxis make this kind of manifest.

JohnM