Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: Man at back of TSBD  (Read 348 times)

Offline Alan Ford

Man at back of TSBD
« on: March 11, 2019, 09:49:38 PM »
Another treasure from Mr B Kamp's trawl of Malcolm Blunt's papers!  Thumb1:

Mr Luke Mooney's HSCA interview, Nov. 1977:

Is this the same Mr Bill Cox who would later see a crying Mr Jack Ruby in the bank with $7,000?

And--------what exactly had put him at the back of the Depository so soon after the shooting?

Online Jerry Freeman

Re: Man at back of TSBD
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 11:35:37 PM »
Notice mention of 'the power being shut off'? Who turned off the power and why?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 11:35:37 PM »

Online Colin Crow

• Beware of Geeks bearing gifs.
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 08:29:40 AM »
And the chicken lunch within the "enclosed area" where Bonnie Ray left it after vacating the SN......not 3-4 windows down near the two wheeler.

Online Brian Doyle

Man at back of TSBD
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 05:04:00 PM »
His having used the elevator before the power was shut off radically departs from the known story of the power being shut off...Mooney would have gotten there long after the power was restored and never went off again...

His arrival at the loading dock gates has to be several minutes after the shots...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 05:05:18 PM by Brian Doyle »

JFK Assassination Forum

Man at back of TSBD
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 05:04:00 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 07:02:47 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
His having used the elevator before the power was shut off radically departs from the known story of the power being shut off...Mooney would have gotten there long after the power was restored and never went off again...

His arrival at the loading dock gates has to be several minutes after the shots...

The power outage story derives primarily from an erroneous interpretation of Hines account about the lights and phones going dead (and that would have been at almost exactly 12:30 to coincide with the motorcade passing well prior to Mooney's elevator difficulties).  There is no question that the phones are functional moments later before Mooney's elevator ride because Hines indicates she walks down the hall and can't get the attention of another woman because she is talking on the phone.  In context, Hines is explaining that she could step away from her phone (her assigned task being to answer it) and look out the window because there were no incoming calls at that moment (i.e. the phone lights went out).  Not that the power went out rendering phones and overhead lights inoperable.  "I was alone until the lights all went out and the phones became dead because the motorcade was coming near us and no one was calling so I got up and thought I could see it from the east window in our office."

Mooney's elevator is working fine between the first and second floor.  It had power to get to the second floor.  It's possible when those who knew how to operate that elevator got off on the second floor, Mooney simply couldn't figure out how to operate the freight elevator.  Baker and Truly are taking an elevator on the upper floors without power issues a few minutes after the assassination.  But even if there had been some type of power outage in the building, it makes no sense as part of any conspiracy narrative.  And thus of not much relevance to this case.  How would turning the power briefly off for a few moments advance a conspiracy scenario?  How would this be coordinated if a reason could even be articulated like delaying Oswald's exit of the building?  There would have to be some type of internal coordination to relay a message to whoever was responsible for the power outage.  So one person to track Oswald in the building and somehow communicate using 1963 technology to another when to cut the power, but then they screw that up.  And according to some CTers are turning the power off and on long after Oswald is gone and the DPD is swarming the building.  LOL.  And no one notices the guy cutting the fuses etc.   

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 07:20:56 PM »
Mooney's elevator is working fine between the first and second floor.  It had power to get to the second floor.  It's possible when those who knew how to operate that elevator got off on the second floor, Mooney simply couldn't figure out how to operate the freight elevator.

Smart enough to be a sheriff deputy.  Too dumb to figure out that an elevator works by pushing buttons.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 07:20:56 PM »

Online Brian Doyle

Man at back of TSBD
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2019, 07:34:00 PM »
  "I was alone until the lights all went out and the phones became dead because the motorcade was coming near us and no one was calling so I got up and thought I could see it from the east window in our office."

I feel safe assuming it was the electric power to the building because questions over this were avoided by the authorities - which shows signs of guilt...

Also, I believe Armstrong that this was done to make sure the front escape elevator was available to the framers...

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2019, 07:53:49 PM »
I feel safe assuming it was the electric power to the building because questions over this were avoided by the authorities - which shows signs of guilt...

Also, I believe Armstrong that this was done to make sure the front escape elevator was available to the framers...

So you agree that the power was not cut to Mooney's freight elevator at the time when he indicates he couldn't get it to work?  That time frame would have been at least several minutes after the assassination.  Mooney's elevator obviously has power moments before when it goes from the first to second floor and then it is stuck after the folks who work there get off.  And that leaves Mooney being unable to operate that elevator as the most likely reason (which a dishonest poster here dismissed as a matter of his simply being smart enough to push a button like on a modern passenger elevator). 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2019, 07:53:49 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2019, 08:05:26 PM »
So you agree that the power was not cut to Mooney's freight elevator at the time when he indicates he couldn't get it to work?  That time frame would have been at least several minutes after the assassination.  Mooney's elevator obviously has power moments before when it goes from the first to second floor and then it is stuck after the folks who work there get off.  And that leaves Mooney being unable to operate that elevator as the most likely reason (which a dishonest poster here dismissed as a matter of his simply being smart enough to push a button like on a modern passenger elevator).

Explain to us, O wise one, how the elevator worked.  Do you know something Mooney didn't know?

Mr. MOONEY - It was a push button affair the best I can remember. got hold of the controls and it worked. We started up and got to the second. I was going to let them off and go on up. And when we got there, the power undoubtedly cut off, because we had no more power on the elevator.

So he somehow forgot how it operated between the first floor and the second?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2019, 08:05:26 PM »

Mobile View