Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: WC general counsel and assistant counsel  (Read 5183 times)

Offline Alan Ford

Re: WC general counsel and assistant counsel
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2019, 02:21:06 PM »
Advertisement
Terrific post. Short and to the point. Two names jump out at me:

Norman Redlich. Redlich was a committed civil libertarian, a strong leftist in his politics (he was a vocal critic of Joe McCarthy when it wasn't easy to do), a life long opponent of the death penalty, and a supporter of Civil Rights from the start. And not a fan of Hoover's either (the two reportedly detested one another). There is no one who could argue with any sense of logic that he would join with "right wing" or "militarist" elements to coverup for the murder of JFK.

Redlich was the main author of the WC Report. He personally wrote the first six chapters including the critical chapter detailing the actual shooting. If - again if - one believes the Warren Report was a lie from start to end then you'd have to say that Redlich was a key part in producing this lie.

John Hart Ely. Ely was not an important staffer in the investigation but he did play a role in investigating Oswald's background including his childhood. It's safe to say he found no evidence of "two Oswalds". Later he went on to become one of the most influential constitutional scholars of modern times and is among the widely quoted experts on the Constitution.

I find it completely implausible that these two men would cover up for the murder of the president.

Decent men playing their part in preventing WWIII? Unthinkable!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2019, 02:21:06 PM »

Offline Oscar Navarro

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2019, 03:08:06 PM »
Decent men playing their part in preventing WWIII? Unthinkable!

Yes, all decent men. I  would like to see any declassified memo that instructs them to actually engage in covering anything up.