Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: BWF and LMR may not have been the only ones who saw LHO with a bag on 11/22/1963  (Read 23558 times)

Offline John Mytton

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Great! Where are the ?irregularities? from the rifle barrel?

As my example shows the copy of CE2637 we have is not of sufficient quality to see the required details but the original shows what appears to be a good copy of a human print.
I see no reason to doubt the findings knowing that an original most probably exists, the rifle still exists and we now have a high def copy of Days original day 1 Oswald palm print for comparison. I believe it's a little naive to suggest that The FBI would leave themselves open to such easily discovered deception.

JohnM

Offline Alan Ford

So if I understand your idea, the original, was copied, but at a time it was incomplete, some time before the 24th. It simply had the submittion information (the stuff in red) and Howlett's initial signature. The original was then completed properly on the day they were handed back, with the 24th added, time and Howlett?s second signature along with Day's.

Then Day, when asked to provide the documentation concerning the Paine rods, could not find the original, and decided to add what he could. His signature, the correct time, and a date that he guessed incorrectly, the 26th. This was submitted as the WC exhibit.

Later the original was found.

Well, Mr Mytton's ingenious idea is that, apart from 3-26-64, all the dates
-------------3-15-64 x2
-------------3-24-64
are wrong!  ::)

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Alan Ford

Looking at the overlay, I also suspect that the "Day" at the bottom is different. The one under "Oswald".

It's the same---just cropped at the bottom!  Thumb1:

Online Colin Crow

• Beware of Geeks bearing gifs.
It's the same---just cropped at the bottom!  Thumb1:

I mean the downstroke on the "d" of Oswald runs into the "a" Day in different places? That is not a crop at the bottom of the downstroke of the "y".

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline John Mytton

I mean the downstroke on the "d" of Oswald runs into the "a" Day in different places? That is not a crop at the bottom of the downstroke of the "y".

Yeah, when I was trying to line up the two images I noticed the bottom Day signature seems to be slightly off.

JohnM

Offline Alan Ford

By gum, you're right, Mr Crow------I do apologise!  Thumb1:

Very interesting indeed...

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Alan Ford

Yeah, when I was trying to line up the two images I noticed the bottom Day signature seems to be slightly off.

And yet it slipped your mind to mention it------------you're getting as error-prone as Lieutenant Day, Mr Mytton!  :D

Online Colin Crow

• Beware of Geeks bearing gifs.

JohnM

Would suggest that that ?Day" was added to both documents separately too. After the information regarding the prints.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Zeon Mason

Either there was some SEVERE distortion caused by 1963 copy machines, or there was some SEVERE altered copies being made leaving absent a signature from the original, changing last date from 24 on the original to 26 of March on the copy, and the other mismatches in pen stroke length, and spacing between.

And on top of that, the date of Mar 15th for the request of rods to be tested that have not yet been removed from Mrs Paine garage until March 23rd.

Why did they even bother making such an fd up document anyway?

Online Walt Cakebread

As my example shows the copy of CE2637 we have is not of sufficient quality to see the required details but the original shows what appears to be a good copy of a human print.
I see no reason to doubt the findings knowing that an original most probably exists, the rifle still exists and we now have a high def copy of Days original day 1 Oswald palm print for comparison. I believe it's a little naive to suggest that The FBI would leave themselves open to such easily discovered deception.

JohnM

Notice the two parallel lines at the right side of the lift?.... Those lines are the edges of the bayonet slot that is cut into the WOODEN foregrip of the model 91/38 Mannlicher Caracano.    That bayonet slot is solid proof that this lift was taken from the WOODEN fore grip of the carcano...It was NOT lifted from the 5/8" diameter metal barrel as Lt. Day claimed ..... 

JFK Assassination Forum

Mobile View