Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: BWF and LMR may not have been the only ones who saw LHO with a bag on 11/22/1963  (Read 96068 times)

Offline John Mytton

Advertisement
So you conclude that both Howlett and Day signed a form on two occasions that had the wrong date of submission of the evidence. Could both of then be so sloppy? Do you think they do not even read the documents they put their signature to in such an important case? It was an eight day mistake.....an error of 800% if signed on the 24th.

in such an important case?

Every case is important and placing some unrealistic expectations on two people you never even met is self indulgent in the extreme, you don't know their priorities or even if they could give a sh!t, the assassination unexpectedly became part of their job and they did the best they could. I'd say being an intelligent man and with the evidence that Day personally examined and the case that we know, that months later Day knew beyond all doubt that Oswald was a double murderer and what you conspiracy fanatics find so compelling 50+ years later was simply Day hurrying through a stack of extra work where sometimes minor insignificant mistakes are made. BFD!

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Alan Ford

I am wondering why Howlett's signature was removed with the CE. Seems to be much care taken to leave the lines appearing unaltered and other markings.

Mr Crow, it looks to me like Agent Howlett's 'released' signature was never there on the copy they used...
--------------i.e. Lieutenant Day simply added elements without any having to be erased!

Imagine to yourself, if you will, the document to which Lieutenant Day added '3-26-64', '7.50 a' and his signature...
--------------it's the form as it would have been before 24 March
--------------i.e. the form a copy of which Agent Howlett would have been given to take away with him on 24 March as proof of submission.

Thumb1:

Offline John Mytton

I posted the below on 6 March, Mr Mytton, but it's good to see you're catching up!  Thumb1:

So you had that information and you still came to your fantastic conclusion? OMG!

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Colin Crow

Every case is important and placing some unrealistic expectations on two people you never even met is self indulgent in the extreme, you don't know their priorities or even if they could give a sh!t, the assassination unexpectedly became part of their job and they did the best they could. I'd say being an intelligent man and with the evidence that Day personally examined and the case that we know, that months later Day knew beyond all doubt that Oswald was a double murderer and what you conspiracy fanatics find so compelling 50+ years later was simply Day hurrying through a stack of extra work where sometimes minor insignificant mistakes are made. BFD!

JohnM

I do apologise. I was under the mistaken impression that documentation is supposed to be contemporaneous for a reason. How stupid and obviously self indulgent of me. I will remember your advice next time I am asked to sign something.....no need to read the document.....just sign away.

Offline Alan Ford

I do apologise. I was under the mistaken impression that documentation is supposed to be contemporaneous for a reason. How stupid and obviously self indulgent of me. I will remember your advice next time I am asked to sign something.....no need to read the document.....just sign away.

:D

Mr Mytton seems not to understand what an official Crime Scene Search Section evidence sign-in and sign-out form is---------he seems to be confusing it with a personal diary!

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline John Mytton

Offline Alan Ford

So you had that information and you still came to your fantastic conclusion? OMG!

JohnM

Apology for your lazy mistake accepted, Mr Mytton!  Thumb1:

Now!

We have three dates in front of us:

3-15-64: this date of evidence submission is on both versions of the official Crime Scene Search Section form

3-24-64: this date of evidence release is on the original (color) version which did not see the light of day until decades after the assassination

3-26-64: this date of evidence release is on the black-and-white copy version which became a WC Exhibit.

So, Mr Mytton, simple question for you:

Is it your fantastic conclusion that all three of these dates was written down in error?

Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline John Mytton

:D

Mr Mytton seems not to understand what an official Crime Scene Search Section evidence sign-in and sign-out form is---------he seems to be confusing it with a personal diary!

That's actually a neat analogy but arse up, my personal diary is always accurate because I'm writing about something that's important to me, whereas just another document that is thrust in my face at work will likely just get signed off.
You people seem to think that they were writing The Holy Bible or something and place unrealistic expectations on every syllable, they were just doing their best under unwanted and incredible circumstances.

JohnM
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 02:55:12 AM by John Mytton »