Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: BWF and LMR may not have been the only ones who saw LHO with a bag on 11/22/1963  (Read 96208 times)

Offline Gary Craig

Advertisement
Keep your myths to yourself

Myth: People with cancer shouldn't eat sugar, since it can cause cancer to grow faster.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/cancer/in-depth/cancer-causes/art-20044714

Fact: Sugar doesn't make cancer grow faster. All cells, including cancer cells, depend on blood sugar (glucose) for energy. But giving more sugar to cancer cells doesn't speed their growth. Likewise, depriving cancer cells of sugar doesn't slow their growth.

This misconception may be based in part on a misunderstanding of positron emission tomography (PET) scans, which use a small amount of radioactive tracer ? typically a form of glucose. All tissues in your body absorb some of this tracer, but tissues that are using more energy ? including cancer cells ? absorb greater amounts. For this reason, some people have concluded that cancer cells grow faster on sugar. But this isn't true.

However, there is some evidence that consuming large amounts of sugar is associated with an increased risk of certain cancers, including esophageal cancer. It can also lead to weight gain and increase the risk of obesity and diabetes, which may increase the risk of cancer.

"Myth: People with cancer shouldn't eat sugar, since it can cause cancer to grow faster."

I don't believe that is a myth, although I'm not an expert by any means.

My understanding is, and of course if I'm wrong please correct me:
Cancerous cells have damaged mitochondria. Mitochondria produce energy for the cell. When mitochondria are damaged they become less efficient and need more fuel (glucose/sugars). Providing that extra sugar will help them grow faster than they would without it.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Alan Ford

This thread has gone not just wildly off-topic but wildly tasteless too.

Mr Cakebread, you have our good wishes at what must be a difficult time. We should leave it at that and move on.

Online Martin Weidmann

Scroll back and tell us what the original point is.

Ray correctly made the point that "experts" can get it wrong and you, rather desperately, tried to prove him wrong and failed.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Bill Chapman

Ray correctly made the point that "experts" can get it wrong and you, rather desperately, tried to prove him wrong and failed.

Point out where I said experts can't get it wrong

Online Martin Weidmann

Point out where I said experts can't get it wrong

Who said that you said that?

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Bill Chapman

Who said that you said that?

Where did I try to prove Ray wrong?

Offline Alan Ford

So! Are both dates on this form wrong? Is this really the best our LN friends can come up with by way of explanation?

Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Martin Weidmann

Where did I try to prove Ray wrong?

Already shown. Go back and read the postings