Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The assassin's lunch  (Read 10368 times)

Offline Colin Crow

The assassin's lunch
« on: February 03, 2018, 12:06:59 AM »
Advertisement
The discovery of chicken and a lunch bag in the SN by Luke Mooney lead to the belief for some days that these represented the remnants of the cold blooded assassin who had been waiting some time for the President's arrival.

Those who initially observed the SE windows prior to the arrival of Will Fritz described the scene accordingly.....

Luke Mooney....

Senator COOPER - How far was the chicken, the piece of chicken you saw, and the paper bag from the boxes near the window, and particularly the box that had the crease in it?
Mr. MOONEY - I would say they might have been 5 feet or something like that. He wouldn't have had to leave the location. He could just maybe take one step and lay it over there, if he was the one that put it there.

Officer A. D. McCurley, Deputy Sheriff, Dallas County Sheriff's Office (Statement 11/22/63)

Officer Jack Faulkner and I, together with several other City officers went to the building and started checking the floors. We were searching the 6th floor when Deputy Sheriff Mooney, who was also on the 6th floor, hollered that he had found the place where the assassin had fired from. I went over and saw 3 expended shells laying by the window that faced onto Elm Street, along with a half-eaten piece of chicken that was laying on a cardboard carton. It appeared as if the assassin had piled up a bunch of boxes to hide from the view of anyone who happened to come up on that floor and had arranged 3 other cartons of books next to the window as though to make a rifle rest. This area was roped off and guarded until Captain Will Fritz of Dallas Police Department Homicide Bureau arrived. It was about this same time that Deputy Sheriff Eugene Boone yelled that he had found the rifle which had been placed between some rows of cardboard boxes near the staircase which leads down to the 5th floor.

Officer Jack Faulkner confirmed the presence of the chicken in "No More Silence".

Roger Craig.....

Mr. BELIN - All right. Then, what did you do?
Mr. CRAIG - I went over there and--uh--didn't get too close because the shells were laying on the ground and there was--uh--oh, a sack and a bunch of things laying over there. So, you know, not to bother the area, I just went back across.
Mr. BELIN - Now, you say there was a sack laying there?
Mr. CRAIG - Yes; I believe it was laying on top of a box, if I'm not mistaken.
Mr. BELIN - How big a sack was that?
Mr. CRAIG - It was a paper bag (indicating with hands)--a small paper bag.
Mr. BELIN - Well, the kind-of paper bag that you carry your lunch in?
Mr. CRAIG - Yeah,--uh-huh.

Gerald Hill

Mr. HILL. We hadn't been there but a minute until someone yelled, "Here it is," or words to that effect.
I moved over and found they had found an area where the boxes had been stacked in sort of a triangle shape with three sides over near the window.
Mr. BELIN. What did you see over there?
Mr. HILL. There was the boxes. The boxes were stacked in sort of a three-sided shield.
That would have concealed from general view, unless somebody specifically walked up and looked over them, anyone who was in a sitting or crouched position between them and the window. In front of this window and to the left or east corner of the window, there were two boxes, cardboard boxes that had the words "Roller books," on them.
On top of the larger stack of boxes that would have been used for concealment, there was a chicken leg bone and a paper sack which appeared to have been about the size normally used for a lunch sack. I wouldn't know what the sizes were. It was a sack, I would say extended, it would probably be 12 inches high, 10 inches long, and about 4 inches thick.
 I wouldn't know what the sizes were. It was a sack, I would say extended, it would probably be 12 inches high, 10 inches long, and about 4 inches thick.

Officer Brewer

Mr. BELIN. How many cartridge cases did you see?
Mr. BREWER. Three.
Mr. BELIN. Where were they?
Mr. BREWER. They were there under, by the window.
Mr. BELIN. What window?
Mr. BREWER. In the southeast corner of the building, facing south.
Mr. BELIN. See anything else there at the time by the window?
Mr. BREWER. Paper lunch sack and some chicken bones or partially eaten piece of chicken, or a piece at chicken.

Officer Haygood

Mr. BELIN. You saw some shells there?
Mr. HAYGOOD. Yes.
Mr. BELIN. Where did you see them?
Mr. HAYGOOD. They were there under the window.
Mr. BELIN. Which window?
Mr. HAYGOOD. On the southeast corner.
Mr. BELIN. South side or east side?
Mr. HAYGOOD. On the southeast corner facing south.
Mr. BELIN. See any paper bags or anything around there?
Mr. HAYGOOD. Yes; there was a lunch bag there. You could call it a lunch bag.
Mr. BALL. Where was that?
Mr. HAYGOOD. There at the same location where the shells were.

Clearly the chicken and lunchsack were originally discovered where Luke Mooney described within 5 feet of the box assumed to have been used as a rifle rest.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 12:20:36 AM by Colin Crow »

JFK Assassination Forum

The assassin's lunch
« on: February 03, 2018, 12:06:59 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

Re: The assassin's lunch
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 05:26:11 AM »
When the totality of the testimony is weighed, the chicken bones were found on top of a box located one set of windows to the west of the sniper's nest window and the lunch sack was found on the floor one set of windows to the west of the sniper's nest... exactly where Bonnie Ray Williams stated that he ate his lunch.

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 08:52:16 AM »
When the totality of the testimony is weighed, the chicken bones were found on top of a box located one set of windows to the west of the sniper's nest window and the lunch sack was found on the floor one set of windows to the west of the sniper's nest... exactly where Bonnie Ray Williams stated that he ate his lunch.

Can you cite one witness who described the chicken and lunch sack anywhere other than the SN prior to the departure of Hill and before the arrival of Fritz?

The chicken was found in the sack by Studebaker on the floor. How many times was it moved and rearranged Bill?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 08:52:16 AM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 12:47:22 PM »
The discovery of chicken and a lunch bag in the SN by Luke Mooney lead to the belief for some days that these represented the remnants of the cold blooded assassin who had been waiting some time for the President's arrival.

This idea sounds like it originated from the same overactive imaginative mind that imagined that the stack of three Rolling Readers boxes was a rifle rest, and the scar on the top box was created by the recoil of a rifle....

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 03:06:01 AM »

Factually incorrect.....

Mr. BALL. I will. I am going to introduce them all. Let's go back to the diagram, which is 483. Could you mark on this diagram the window that is shown in this picture 484 that is, the place where you were sitting and eating your lunch?
Mr. WILLIAMS. That would be facing Elm Street. I would say right around in this.
Mr. BALL. In other words, you are marking here something between--some area between the third and the fourth window.
Mr. WILLIAMS. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. You are not able to tell exactly?
Mr. WILLIAMS. No; I am not.
Mr. BALL. The witness has drawn a red rectangle to show the approximate area which runs from about the center. of the second row of windows from the southeast corner over to about the fourth pane of windows.
Mr. WILLIAMS. I would say about right in here, third or fourth.
Mr. BALL. Third or fourth?
Mr. WILLIAMS. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Now, you have made two marks, so I will identify the last mark. Between the third and fourth, is that right?
Mr. WILLIAMS. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. We will mark the rectangle, and we will mark it "W-3" and "W-4" the end of the lines.

Clearly BRW claimed to have eaten some 2-3 feet sets of windows west of the SN. Not one set of windows to the west of the SN.

Be careful or some unscrupulous member might accuse you of being nasty and using manipulative dirty tricks (but I doubt it).

I'll just put it down to human error.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 03:06:01 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 07:48:53 AM »
Factually incorrect.....

Mr. BALL. I will. I am going to introduce them all. Let's go back to the diagram, which is 483. Could you mark on this diagram the window that is shown in this picture 484 that is, the place where you were sitting and eating your lunch?
Mr. WILLIAMS. That would be facing Elm Street. I would say right around in this.
Mr. BALL. In other words, you are marking here something between--some area between the third and the fourth window.
Mr. WILLIAMS. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. The witness has drawn a red rectangle to show the approximate area which runs from about the center. of the second row of windows from the southeast corner over to about the fourth pane of windows.
Mr. WILLIAMS. I would say about right in here, third or fourth.
Mr. BALL. Third or fourth?
Mr. WILLIAMS. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Now, you have made two marks, so I will identify the last mark. Between the third and fourth, is that right?
Mr. WILLIAMS. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. We will mark the rectangle, and we will mark it "W-3" and "W-4" the end of the lines.

Clearly BRW claimed to have eaten some 2-3 feet sets of windows west of the SN. Not one set of windows to the west of the SN.

Be careful or some unscrupulous member might accuse you of being nasty and using manipulative dirty tricks (but I doubt it).

I'll just put it down to human error.

How does any of that show my statement to be in error?

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 10:58:16 AM »

Well for a start....how about this.

Mr. WILLIAMS. Yes, sir.

Williams never gave an exact position.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 10:58:16 AM »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2018, 03:57:05 PM »

http://www.aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh19/pdf/WH19_Decker_Ex_5323.pdf

« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 04:10:58 PM by Gary Craig »